PDA

View Full Version : Aramith Belgian Billiard Balls

04-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Is there really a difference in the way the various Aramith Belgian billiard balls play. The Mueller catalog has:
1.) Brunswick Centennial Balls ($185)
2.) Super Aramith Pro Balls ($140)
2.) Premium Pool Balls ($80)
3.) Premier Balls ($75)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks

bluewolf
04-11-2003, 08:03 AM
I have the super pro ones. They are, I have been told, equivalent to the brunswick centenial ones. We had the cheaper ones before. There is a difference.

Laura

SecaucusFats
04-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Aramith Super Pros and Centennials are the two best sets available. The difference between the Super Pros and the Centennials is just a matter of aesthetics, some people prefer the 'look' of one or the other. Both are manufactured to extremely high tolerances, and all the balls in a set are matched for uniform weight and roundness. Both are made by Saluc in Belgium (Aramith). They hold their high luster much longer than cheaper balls, are highly scratch and chip resistant, roll truer play better and can last a lifetime if properly cared for. Super Pros and Centennials are the choice for professional tournaments worldwide.

There is one difference between the two sets and that is in the cueball. The Super Pro cue ball is made from a carom (carambolage, or billiards 3 cushion)specific phenolic resin while the Centennial ball is made from the same resin as the object balls. I like the Super Pro cueball because I feel I can get more action out of it than the Centennial cue ball.

A less expensive alternative would be the Aramith Premiums or Premiers, these provide a completely acceptable level of playing performance even if they are not manufactured to the same degree of precision and tolerance levels. They are a great value if you're budget conscious.

Fats

04-12-2003, 09:00 PM
When I do a show I use the super pro aramiths, but when fast plays, he uses the Centinneals, but changes out the cue ball, which he says is a rock from the moon. When fast is alone, he plays with in practice with his private set of Rashigs. Wonder Dog.