PDA

View Full Version : welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com

nAz
04-11-2003, 05:08 PM
This guy has now a cult following,You have to admit he was very entertaining the way he straight faced lied to the world press lol I love some of his quotes like "The infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad," he told reporters gathered on the roof of the ministry of information. "As our leader Saddam Hussein said, 'God is grilling their stomachs in hell.'" what a dick! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This web site may be down at the moment because its getting about 4000 hits a sec.hope it comes back soon i enjoyed surfing it.

welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com (http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/)

here is a CNN article:

OS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A member of Saddam Hussein's vanquished regime has sprung up as an unlikely hero in cyberspace on a Web site embraced by both supporters and foes of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Television news junkies transfixed by daily briefings by Iraqi Minister of Information Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf are now logging onto a few days-old Web site featuring his finest invective against U.S. and British "infidels."

The site describes itself as a "coalition effort of bloodthirsty hawks and ineffectual doves" united in their admiration for al-Sahaf and his pronouncements, such as: "I now inform you that you are too far from reality."

Among al-Sahaf's now-famous declarations was: "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

Writer and former Greenpeace activist Kieran Mulvaney, a Briton living in Alaska, said he and friends got the idea for the site while watching cable news coverage of the three-week-old war.

"I mentioned to one of my friends that the best part is watching this guy," Mulvaney told Reuters. "He is so brazen that I could almost admire him."

Mulvaney and his friends designed, built and put up the site in three days. Within hours of going live on the Internet, the site "has exploded," Mulvaney said. The same day, U.S. troops marched into Baghdad and al-Sahaf disappeared, or in the view of his new Web site, went on "administrative leave."

"I hope he is alive somewhere so he knows how famous he has become," Mulvaney said. "We've had all kinds of e-mail from literally all over the world. We even had a few e-mails from within the Pentagon saying, 'We really like this guy and we miss him.'"

The site already is offering T-shirts and mugs bearing al-Sahaf's best-loved statements ("My feelings -- as usual -- we will slaughter them all!") and has selected actor and director Sydney Pollack to play the information minister in the Hollywood version of the war.

In the meantime, Mulvaney said he will appeal for sightings of al-Sahaf, and there are plans to poll fans about what the beret-wearing minister should do after the war.

One fan has advocated an urgent campaign to spare al-Sahaf if he is found: "He is too much of a global asset to be murdered/shot/stabbed or otherwise wasted."

eg8r
04-11-2003, 05:45 PM
I was watching daily in hopes of hearing more of his lies.

These lies I would boldly state are similar to the lies that more time would have had the same outcome. Nancy Pelosi warned of 1000s of deaths to US soldiers, and we have had actuals of around 100 or so (half of these coming from accidents or friendly fire).

Where are all the media people calling for a retreat, or at the very least a new war plan. I just wonder if the media was hoping something go wrong and they could get the first jump. Maybe, maybe not, but they are all quiet now.

eg8r

nAz
04-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Media is too busy covering the looting and the coming humaniterian crisis

Dude they have T-shirts with his quotes printed on i want one.
God this dude can franchise and make some serious $$ .

Sh*t he can take over the White House spokes man job and tell everyone how well the economy is doing ROTFLMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
04-12-2003, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sh*t he can take over the White House spokes man job and tell everyone how well the economy is doing ROTFLMAO! <hr /></blockquote> LOL that would work perfectly. Maybe we could import whatever it is he has in the morning and get Ari to take a few with some water before he addresses the media. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If anything it will loosen him up.

eg8r

Popcorn
04-12-2003, 11:00 AM
This guy has held several positions, He is a guy that to galvanize his position, turned in his own family and they were killed. He off the record (It is now being reported) threatened CNN news people they would be killed if they did not cooperate. Real nice guy, I hope he is caught and goes on trial for his part in what has gone on. What kind of fool would try to make this guy out to be some kind of cult figure? I guess there is no figuring the actual stupidity of the public.

nAz
04-14-2003, 12:24 AM
lol

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/info-min.gif