PDA

View Full Version : Ortman's stroke a good model?

Leviathan
04-12-2003, 05:51 AM
I've been watching videos I made in 1997 and 1998 and have a couple of thoughts:

1. How about Oliver Ortman's stroke? He takes long, loose backswings on his pactice strokes and a much shorter backswing on the hitting stroke. The result seems to be a very straight, accurate stroke performed with a relaxed arm and wrist. I wonder what good players and teachers think of his stroke.

2. Efren Reyes and Kun Fang Lee play incredibly well.

3. Lon McEachern gets my vote for worst pool announcer of all time, anywhere. Where do they find these guys?

--D.M.

mickey2
04-13-2003, 01:53 AM
You have to see Ortmann live! He always looks self-confident and plays a very fast rhythm. It's also interesting that his right hand is very fare away from his body. It's a pity that he is not playing much anymore for the last years.

mark wilson
04-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Oliver Ortman plays with a fearless demeanor and powerfull stroke that is very precise. Power comes from stoke length and accuracy is generally compromised when using a long swing path but Oliver has worked hard to obtain both with success. These stroke qualities and a nononsense approach to match play is the recipe for professional title wins. Diligent and focused practice are his trademark plus he is a great human being. As a side note he has utter disdain for American beer as only a german beer can measure up.