PDA

View Full Version : Posts or e-mails in all CAPS

Kato
04-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Why is it that I find myself reading louder to myself when someone posts something in ALL CAPS? I'm not making any sounds but I just "feel" the loudness.

Kato

Karatemom
04-12-2003, 09:21 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! ARE YOU BORED TODAY, KATO?

Heide ~ can you hear me?

Kato
04-12-2003, 09:31 AM
All the way from Moline. Slow day at work, very tired, just passing the time, have drunk an entire pot of Barney's Irish Cream today already, 20 minutes 'till Wapner. By the time I pass out around 3 p.m. I may have drunk as many as 14 cups.

Kato~~~~brutal

eg8r
04-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Stop it Heidi, you are too loud. LOL

I think you feel this way Kato because CAPS are the way of showing expression. They are not all meant that way, but that is general consensus.

eg8r

Kato
04-12-2003, 09:34 AM
I agree, but why do I scream to myself in my head.

Kato~~~see signature.

Rich R.
04-12-2003, 10:08 AM
I hope I am not the source of your problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

In work, we use all caps for almost everything.
When I switch to pleasure, CCB and/or e-mail, I sometimes forget to switch. Just force of habit.

If I forgot to switch, when posting something here or in a PM, I am sorry.

9 Ball Girl
04-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Same here Rich. Well, not for everything but only when we're writing down Serial numbers off of equipment. All caps are a must for serial numbers and you must put a diagonal slash through a zero to show that it is a zero and not the letter O and you have to put a dash through the letter Z to show that it's not a number 2.

Sometimes I find myself put an underscore under the number 9. Teehee

Wendy~~~blah blah BLAH

bluewolf
04-12-2003, 11:19 AM
When I first go online, my typing was sooo slow, I did all caps because it was faster. Someone told me that was screaming. I switched to all lower case. It took me a long time to build up my typing speed to use both.

Also, it took hearing from others what irritated them in my typing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura