PDA

View Full Version : Tiger to not win the Masters?

Kato
04-12-2003, 09:36 AM
He is currently 11 strokes off the pace. The come back record is 8 in '56 or something. If anyone can do it it's him. Wait and see time.

Kato~~~always rootz for Mickleson to get off the deck and win one.

eg8r
04-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Mikelson is a perennial first place loser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif (that just means he comes in second all the time.)

What a tough time Mikelson has had the past few years.

Tiger almost did not make the cut. I think that would have been embarassing.

eg8r

Kato
04-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Nickalaus is +18
Player is +18
Palmer is +22

I just hope they aren't taking spots away from younger players. They have lifetime expemptions true but they know they can't compete.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
04-12-2003, 10:07 AM
I don't really have a favorite.. but I haven't missed watching the masters since the very early 60s.. it like the first rights of Spring.. only warmer weather ahead..

Baseball, Final Four, Masters and Spring forward all within a 10 day period

Rod
04-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Same here Tom, the Masters is spring time. Man what a beautiful course!

Rod

eg8r
04-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Well I am sure they are taking the place of a younger person, but they did win and I am for letting them in. That is deal and all golfers agree. I guess if someone decided after they won, that they should still have to qualify every year, then times would be different. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't see this happening too soon.

eg8r

eg8r
04-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Yup very beautiful and Tiger is catching up. Watch out!!!

eg8r

eg8r
04-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Well, I have not heard much about Mz. Burk lately.

I just wanted to voice my opinion, it seems the only thing I do well...

This woman is a fruitcake. Her beef with the Masters is that the tourney is played at a mens only club. She does not like the fact that males are the only allowed members. She has fought this tooth and nail, except she never once states that her own organization is doing the same thing by only allowing women to be members.

Because of Mz Burk, many of the local charities almost lost this years charitable gift contributions from the proceeds of the golf tournament. Did this bother Mz Burk??? Nope all she cared about were getting women members. Because of her incessant behavior and demands, the Master's decided they would not accept any advertising this year. Well, how do you think the charities get their money (advertising).

Instead of all the charities missing out, because of one woman, all the members decided to use their own money (and receive the own tax deductions) to make sure all charities would still get their money. Now who is the bigger jerk???

eg8r

Rod
04-13-2003, 01:04 AM
It's typical, the field comes back to Tiger. Yep he's a major contender now. It should be interesting, I look for Olazabal and Singh to play well. Who knows Maggert might have a good day but I don't expect him to win. Weir and Mickelson and outside chance.

Rod

eg8r
04-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

eg8r

Kato
04-13-2003, 03:16 AM
Yep, very, Tiger said he needed to shoot around 66 yesterday to get into contention, well, there he is. I think 5 golfers under par and he's charging.

Kato

cheesemouse
04-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Kato,
Woods is amazing and all the other players out there hear his foot steps; it changes their games. If he puts up some early birdies he has action. I think the guy loves the situation more. His reputation is worth a couple strokes before they tee off. I think the guy will win it.

Rod
04-13-2003, 09:29 AM
My guess is if Tiger shoots another 66 it might win or possibly a play off. It shouldn't be good enough though. I'd think the winnng score from here should be 8 or possibly 9 under. That would force Tiger to shoot a 65 or 64. So far in the last few groupings, other than Maggert no one has shot a low number. Other than a 68 or 69 their scores have been bland with 70's and 71. I wonder who will dog it first?

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
04-13-2003, 09:53 AM
If history has anything to do with it.. Phil Mickerson has the big dawg..

Rod
04-13-2003, 10:26 AM
He will play himself into contention, maybe 4 or 5 under then he'll dog it. LOL

snipershot
04-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Of course Tiger isn't gonna win the masters because my fellow Canuck Mike Weir just won it in a playoff! This is already his third win of the year and I think he's on top of the money list as well, look out!

Kato
04-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Well, Phil shot 68 today and didn't choke. 2 guys just shot great today to win.

Kato