PDA

View Full Version : Will the US Open Happen this Year?

allenVA
04-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Is there going to be a US Open this year?

I've never been before but I was looking forward to it this year.

Isaw on azbilliards that the guy who does it is in jail. Will that have an impact?

DSAPOLIS
04-12-2003, 04:57 PM
I see no reason why it should not happen. On the Azbilliards forum, myself and Keith McCready made it very clear that Barry has always been the biggest supporter of the players over the years, and under these circumstances it would be a great opportunity to give Barry our undying support in return. We should all try to make this year the biggest U.S. Open ever and give back to a man (Barry Behrman) who has given us players, as well as the billiards industry, so much. The Behrman family has been through the ringer this year and they could all use our prayers and support during this crisis. I would not like to see this turn into a rumor mill of what happened, or character assassination, or for us to speculate on what deal was struck in exchange for what plea, as that is none of our business. Let's hope and pray that Barry can put this behind him and get back to putting on the greatest tournament of them all.

Kato
04-12-2003, 06:19 PM
I pray so. I'm waiting for the OK to buy this years VIP tickets and to book the hotel. All Barry has to do is say, "U.S. Open, 2003, come on up" and I'm there.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
04-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Kato,

Ticket sales started April 1st.. check out the website.. www.q-masters.com (http://www.q-masters.com)

Kato
04-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I know they did Tom. Rich R bought his, did you buy yours? I'm still waiting for confirmation from Voodoo before I make my plans.

Kato~~~but I'd still like Barry to reassure the board though I'm sure he's got plenty of other things to deal with.

pooldaddy9
04-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes, tickets went on sale April 1st. Barry always comes through. I also wish him nothing but the best. I only wish I had found out about the US OPEN sooner. Greatest pool I have ever seen. No matter what table your watching, your watching the greatest pool players. See ya there /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
04-12-2003, 08:44 PM
'confirmation' from Voodoo Daddy.. a blessing in disguise..

See ya there...

cueball1950
04-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Hopefully we can have the 2nd CCB International Tournament
this year. maybe even bigger and better..brady has to touch base with his father before it can happen this year....Mike

Kato
04-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Yes hopefully we will pull that one off. It sure was fun the first time.

Kato~~~just remembers Tom Cincy with 2 large coffee's to wake up that morning.

eg8r
04-13-2003, 12:33 AM
The guy who does it is Barry Behrman. Yes I hope it happens. I cannot imagine not having the US Open. I like to look at the positives that might arise from this incident...First and foremost, I want Barry to get cleaned up. His health is more important that anything else he has going on, and if drugs are standing in his way that will be a shame. Too many people have fallen because of drugs and they offer nothing to you.

Good luck Barry, and I hope everything is on the up and up for now on.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
04-13-2003, 04:44 AM
Not Going...ya'll have fun!!!

Rich R.
04-13-2003, 05:51 AM
My tickets are bought and my hotel reservations have been made.
I hope the rest of you can make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also hope some one has a connection with Barry and can make arrangements for another CCB tournament, this year. It was so much fun meeting and playing other CCB'ers last year.

Rich R.
04-13-2003, 05:53 AM
You will be missed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe you will reconsider.

bluewolf
04-13-2003, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>

I also hope some one has a connection with Barry and can make arrangements for another CCB tournament, this year. It was so much fun meeting and playing other CCB'ers last year. <hr /></blockquote>

Brady reads here so imagine he will take care of this for us.WW and I are hoping we can take our week vacation and have fun there and on the beach too.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
04-13-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Not Going...ya'll have fun!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Nooooooo! I'll miss ya big guy...Hugs and Kisses.../ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well, y'all can count on seeing me there. I can't wait! I haven't made my reservations yet, but not to worry, I'll be much better prepared than last year. I just don't know what catastrophic travel story I'll have for you guys this time around! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-13-2003, 10:36 AM
OK, about this time last year we played this game so now we'll play it again but this time I'll add a twist.

Either the best looking single woman or the guy that wants to party the most can PM me and we'll set something up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

PS. I'll really take anyone that I'm friends with.

Scott Lee
04-13-2003, 11:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
Either the best looking single woman or the guy that wants to party the most can PM me and we'll set something up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Hey RJ...Here's the RIGHT way to do it... Find the best looking single girl, who likes to party the most! LOLOL

Scott

allenVA
04-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Wow, it looks like everyone is pretty confident about the event!

Some friends of mine say to go ahead and buy tickets and some say to not.

Some good points are that the US Open has been ongoing for 30 years(?)

The other point is that what if he goes to jail again like a week before or a month before. Do we get refunds?

How packed does it get? Will the seats sell out?

Can anyone tell me what happened before on why some people bash the US Open ?

Just want to be a cautious buyer.

bluewolf
04-14-2003, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote allenVA:</font><hr>The other point is that what if he goes to jail again like a week before or a month before. Do we get refunds?

How packed does it get? Will the seats sell out?

Can anyone tell me what happened before on why some people bash the US Open ?

Just want to be a cautious buyer. <hr /></blockquote>

I would go ahead and make a motel reservation for sure. As far as going to jail, well any of us could be there, there are no guarantees in life.

Besides, he has his son, Brady, who I am sure will be a big factor in making this a huge success!

Laura

PS allenva-I think it would be better for you to read the archives rather than attempting to stir up old gossip.

Ken
04-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Laura, Barry's incarceration was reported on April 11 of this year. Is this what you refer to as "old gossip"? He will, in fact, be out of jail most of the time leading up to the Open. He is sentenced to weekends only and according to my calculations it should be over the week before the Open.

Just what do you expect to find in the archives about something that was reported three days ago?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?
KenCT

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>
Hey RJ...Here's the RIGHT way to do it... Find the best looking single girl, who likes to party the most! LOLOL

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Hey R.J.! I can party with the best of 'em. Bring it on!

Wendy~~not quite single but betcha by golly wow I love to party!

Kato
04-14-2003, 10:10 AM
<hr /></blockquote>Wendy~~not quite single but betcha by golly wow I love to party!<hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, the old not so single move. So your semi-squeeze won't mind huh?

Kato

MikeM
04-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Ken,

I believe Laura was responding to the other part of Allen's question about the US Open bashing. Here is a link to one of those threads, of which there were many last summer.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=36620&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=

MM

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2003, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>Oh yeah, the old not so single move. So your semi-squeeze won't mind huh?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Check your http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/images/newpm.gif

Vicki
04-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Wendy,

I always go and always drive so if you need to be picked up from the airport you can e-mail me and I'll hook you up. You could even take the train to Baltimore or DC and ride the rest of the way with me. You just let me know - I would enjoy having company for the ride down.

Vicki

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the offer! I'll probably get hooked up with some airline tickets but I'll let you know for sure as the time nears. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vicki
04-14-2003, 02:19 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gifWhy not? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif