PDA

View Full Version : BCA-9 Ball Team Players?

CarolNYC
03-23-2002, 07:10 AM
Is there coaching allowed on the team?Does the coach have to be a team member or anybody? HOW MANY TIMES can a coach be called in? Can coach actually point to object ball and map where cueball will land?
Carol

Sid_Vicious
03-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Coaching is only allowed between your innings, while the other player is in action and I don't think it matters who coaches. At least this is how it is in the leagues I've played in. Yes the details of what's going to happen is ok, just as long as the coached player isn't up to play or heading in to play after the completion of the opponent...sid

CarolNYC
03-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi Sid,
They can be called upon as many times? They can map out a shot? Thanks for answering!
Carol

cuechick
03-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Hey Carol,
I have to disagree with Sid, as I thinking you are asking about the team competition coming up in Vegas, right? There is no coaching allowed at all, you can not talk to your teammates while they are playing AT ALL! You can not even say "ball in hand" (this is allowed in APA bar league) just normal cheering( aka: "nice shot" "Go Carol"....) if a dispute comes up I believe only the captain can intervene and may be not even that? They are very strict.
You are allowed 1 coach per game in scotch doubles and have a time limit, I believe 1 mintute.

03-24-2002, 01:53 AM
In scotch you are allowed an actual coaching session DURING a player's inning, meaning that if you see a bonehead direction your partner is taking you can steer them in a better direction.

As far as Vegas rules about talking to team mates during their set, you could be right, I only played in the nationals one year and that didn't last very long. Could be though that you are still able to converse with a team mate while the opponent is shooting. Somebody with tenure will have to address this to be certain, but local league allows it...sid

CarolNYC
03-24-2002, 06:02 AM
Hey Lady,
Okay-thats all good about Vegas-Im talking Amsterdam league-say-players even up-race to 7-game #1-can a coach tell you what to shoot several times during game #1 and so on till the end of the set?Point,map out-and can it be ANYONE? Does it have to be a teammember? Can I bring one of my own coaches with me?Not on the team?
Carol

cuechick
03-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi Carol,
You are allowed only 2 coaches per match and it must come from a team member, no outside coaches. As far as on the side lines you can talk to who ever you want, I guess? I do not believe there is a rule about that, though I am not sure about playoffs.

cuechick
03-24-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey Sid,
I don't know if this enough 'tenure' for you, but since my team (that I Captained) finished 3rd in last years BCA Women's Masters, believe me you can take my word for it.

CarolNYC
03-25-2002, 05:29 AM
Thanks to you both-just wondering:)-lost that rule booklet-its no big deal,though,just wondering-UGH-this team thing is pressurizing-UGH /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif-I'll get through it!
Thanks!
Carol