PDA

View Full Version : Emma and The Black Widow (Grandbaby Story)

Gayle in MD
04-13-2003, 06:21 AM
My daughters dog was very ill, (Nothing new) and in order to try to save his life (AGAIN) and give him the attention he requires during this recurring illness, Emma stayed with us this week from Wednesday through this morning. Yesterday, after we baked cookies and "Rolled" some balls on the table, she said "Lets watch some pool Gramama"
I said, "Emma, are you sure you want to watch Pool tapes?"
"Yes, Gramama, I think it's very interesting" She's four now, and likes to use new "Big" words...
So in goes a tape, happened to be one of Alison and J. L.,some of the other top women also, so I'm telling her the various names of the different players, "Black Widow, Duchess Of Doom, Texas Tornado, Irish Invader...
Later, that evening I hear Jim roaring with laughter, so I go down to see what's so funny, and she's informing him of the names she had learned...
"And that one is the Irish Persuader, Pop POP, and she's the Texas Hurricane, the Duchess of Gloom, and the she's the Black Mosquito, LMAO...

Gayle in Md. Gotta love Kids.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Leviathan
04-13-2003, 08:37 AM
That's hilarious! And some of those names could catch on--I like Duchess of Gloom and Irish Persuader best...D.M.

Sid_Vicious
04-13-2003, 08:44 AM
That was funny! The things toddlers say are the best aren't they?! sid

Kato
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
My father and I were babysitting my 7 month old niece yesterday while my Mom was getting her hair done. I've never changed a diaper in my life and my Dad has changed exactly 2. So while we argued while feeding her my dog came up beside her and started licking apple sauce off her face. She started giggling hysterically as yelling "dog" (not quite but something like that). Quite a laugh we had. I took the dogs outside and gave them a bath. When I came back in I asked my Dad if he changed her. He looked at me rather sheepishly and said "I think so, I got the sticky parts to stick". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~believes it's not the uncles job to change diapers.

Scott Lee
04-17-2003, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
"And that one is the Irish Persuader, Pop POP, and she's the Texas Hurricane, the Duchess of Gloom, and the she's the Black Mosquito, LMAO...

Gayle in Md. Gotta love Kids.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle...HOLY COW! I know millions of kids call their grandma "Nana" (like me and my kid too), but I have NEVER heard anyone else (besides me) who called their grandpa "PopPop"! WOW! Just another reason we click so well! LOL I thought I had invented that name!

Scott