PDA

View Full Version : What Shots Do You Pull Your Stroke Back A Little?

Sid_Vicious
04-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Fundamental school says that your stroke should be the same ALL the time, but in reality(or maybe just me) there are shots which require non conventional follow through. There are the obvious ones, the "nip" shot, being jacked up just to name a couple. I personally have found one other that works for me,,,I use a stunted, almost bunt like hit on the CB similar to what the 1-holers seem to adopt on most of their banks, and I'm hittin' the pocket a lot more. It made me wonder whether there were other common shots that should require a little less conventional follow through. Heck, I miss more kicks than I make, maybe a little too much stroke through the CB??? Seriously, are there shots where you alter your follow through and found good results? Theories on "the whys" for it working better is greatly appreciated...sid

Rod
04-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi Sid,
I'll alter mine some on the usual shot's where it's needed, nothing specific at the moment. Something I have always done however is play with a short bridge and stroke when needed. I do that so I don't have to pull back a stroke near as often as some might. I bought a 58" cue and I make use of the entire length. Because of the short stroke sometimes it may look like a bunt. I can't explain any better, my mind is not in a bunt mood at the moment. LOL

Rod

Sid_Vicious
04-13-2003, 11:00 AM
START(
%Ad4F1%Pg9U2%W\0\2%Xc4C0

)END

Rather simple bank shot, I agree, but do you shorten your stroke on this assuming you just want to halt whitie there by the side rail? Your shortened bridge may be a better choice of methodology, causing the same shortened follow through I force by intent. Thanks Rod...sid