PDA

View Full Version : OooOOhhhh YappingWolf!!!

04-13-2003, 09:28 AM
my apa team
I am going to complain a bit. In no way am I complaining about the apa in general because I know that some teams try to play all of their players.

When I had not played for the previous two weeks, I complained to the captain that I did not like coming here week after week and not playing. There is also the fact that when I did play, he always played me last, when it was 11pm or later.

So after not playing me for two weeks,,he again played me last, this time against an sl4. We were playing at 1am. I was so tired, I played horrible on one of the games, then managed to get a little second wind in the last game for the win.Even with my handicap, it was a hard match, every game was on the wire, but I did beat her. And what enables me to beat people who pot slightly better? Defense play

Now two more weeks go past without playing.

Now I am at the break point for going up to sl3. According to the apa guidelines, which I have the ones from two years ago: they average your best 1/2 matches or if you have 20, yor best ten. They state that any two with a winning % goes up. So even if the guidelines have changed a bit, I have a pretty good idea where I am in all of that.

When I asked my captain if he was going to not play me until the tournie so that he could play me as a two, he said he did not care if I became an sl3.

I would rather it if he had said yes he wasnt going to play me, then I could stay home and practice and just plan on playing in the sunday tourney instead.

I am seriously considering quitting the team and just start my own team next session. This guy is an idiot.My apa 7 husband says he is an idiot. He says with my handicap and very advanced defense strategy that in his opinion there are a few fives I could beat, where the threes who do not have defense, the captain included, could not.O If course, with a weak five, like a few we know who can only pot, are really lousy at shape and safetly play is not in their repertoire, I have even more of a handicap advantage than with a four.

My apa 7 husband says that they are lucky to have a 2 who is almost a 3, I am relatively new, just two sessions, so do not have 20 matches yet, just 18.

I believe in keeping commitents but with the fact that I do not get to play much, even after talking to him and he always plays me last on the rare ocassions he has played me, is that justification for quitting. My husband could still play. He is a 7 and gets to play every week for obvious reasons.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
04-13-2003, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote A.L.F:</font><hr>

....I complained to the captain that I did not like coming here week after week and not playing. There is also the fact that when I did play, he always played me last, when it was 11pm or later. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, a player with bluewolf's talent should not have to put up with that crap.

Kato
04-16-2003, 08:35 AM
<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, a player with bluewolf's talent should not have to put up with that crap. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, you're killing me. That's really funny.

Kato

bluewolf
04-16-2003, 08:46 AM
The whole thing is funny. ALF has been a busy bee copying and pasting stuff from one forum to another. And now go to his user name, it says total posts = 0

LOL

Laura

bluewolf
04-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Click on alf, it says no longer in database.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
04-16-2003, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>Yeah, a player with bluewolf's talent should not have to put up with that crap. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, you're killing me. That's really funny.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I don't think Laura found it real funny /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but I think she has now forgven me.

bluewolf
04-16-2003, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I don't think Laura found it real funny /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but I think she has now forgven me. <hr /></blockquote>

Awwww. Wally. You know I like you and I knew you were being silly /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

TomBrooklyn
04-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Wally is a silly goose.