PDA

View Full Version : Problems with WEI table?

Steve Lipsky
04-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Anyone else have trouble opening it? When I click on the link from my home computer (Win 98), I crash. Every time. CTRL-ALT-DELETE doesn't even work.

From my office computer (Win 2000), it works fine. Not that I've ever tried to access the WEI table from work...

I am using the pooltable2 link. I know there are quite a few versions out there... should I try another one?

It used to work just fine, but no longer. I get to the screen where the Shockwave starts, and then my system dies.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Steve

Rod
04-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Steve, Just and idea. Have you tried down loading the latest shockwave over your present install, even if it is up to date?

Rod

Sid_Vicious
04-13-2003, 10:34 AM
file:///D|/WEI/pooltable2/pooltable2.html

Is this the link? Mine works fine, and yet I find some not to work at the office. Hope this helps...sid

Tom_In_Cincy
04-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Steve,

There is a newer version of the wei table.. that is even more scaled for a 9 foot table.. the Balls are just a tad bigger than true scale. Wei Table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/)

Steve Lipsky
04-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. Tom's link wins the prize /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

- Steve

Rod
04-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey Tom,
That is a much better scale. I'm not real fond of the color though. I know, dont' bitch! LOL

heater451
04-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Sid,

That link runs to your hard drive (D:).

Unless someone has the correct files on the EXACT same path on their machine, it won't work. However, if people downloaded the table (HTML and .DCR files), they wouldn't have to worry about linking to the NYU site.

======================

TomBrooklyn
04-13-2003, 08:27 PM
The balls look smaller to me on this table than the one with the green cloth, which looks more to scale.

CarolNYC
04-14-2003, 03:29 AM
Steve,
Im cracking up-Ctrl-alt-delete!
See you at league!
Stay well!
Carol~definitely knows how Steve feels!

04-14-2003, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>9' egg Table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/) <hr /></blockquote>What does the logo on the cloth represent? I hope you don't find it too distracting when your setting up or looking at shots.

Ken
04-14-2003, 06:05 AM
It seems that the 9'egg table is to a nine foot scale. The RSB table is more to an eight foot scale and the balls look bigger. There was another one that I liked better but I can't find the .dcr file so I can't put it in my hard drive. I'm stuck with the RSB green table unless I go to the site.
KenCT

Tom_In_Cincy
04-14-2003, 06:09 AM
egg=example 9 foot example

Alfie
04-14-2003, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> It seems that the 9'egg table is to a nine foot scale. The RSB table is more to an eight foot scale and the balls look bigger. <hr /></blockquote> It's closer to 7' scale, IMO.

Ken
04-14-2003, 08:22 AM
I estimated it at 40.5 inches so you are indeed quite correct that it is closer to a seven foot table. I was not thinking clearly. In fact, due to SPetty's inquiry about Valley tables I did go to Ultimate Billiards and measure one of their tables and got 40.5 inches.

My error.
KenCT

heater451
04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> It seems that the 9'egg table is to a nine foot scale. The RSB table is more to an eight foot scale and the balls look bigger. There was another one that I liked better but I can't find the .dcr file so I can't put it in my hard drive. I'm stuck with the RSB green table unless I go to the site.
KenCT <hr /></blockquote>Ken,

Which .DCR were you looking for. The "9egg" table is in the root of the Wei Table link path (URL).

===================