PDA

View Full Version : the best accustat video's

04-13-2003, 02:26 PM
s'up everyone... this is my first time posting here. Anyhow, can anyone reccommend the best accustat video's for each category or 8-ball, 9-ball, straight pool, bank pool, one pocket, 3 cushion etc... i'm thinking about getting the sand regency 95 final with efren reyes and strickland. someone told me that it was an excellent match and that i should watch it. thanks

thepoolnerd
04-13-2003, 07:49 PM
That person was right. You won't see a better pool match than the Strickland-Reyes match. Nobody who has seen it will argue this fact.

Mike H
04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Indeed one of the best matches I ever saw, also deserving is the Reyes-Archer match from that same tourney....went hill-hill, plus the camera occasionally pans over to the amazing finish to the hill-hill Strickland-Luat match.

Hopster
04-13-2003, 10:20 PM
I like most of the one pocket matches, especially the ones with Grady commentating. i learned more about the game from them than i would have any other way.

04-14-2003, 02:08 AM
thanks for the input, i went ahead and ordered the efren, strickland match today. hehe

mark wilson
04-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Accu-Stats video's are the best instructional material for advanced and semi-advanced players. They provide the opportunity to analyze shot selection and provide a constant reminder of how much care and detail they put into every shot. When a top player is not available to observe ,it is easy to fall to shooting on a more general and less specific level thus assuring mediocrity. Study with multiple viewings of the video will stimulate enthusiasm and progress within your own game. My personal favorites are the above mentioned Reyes vs. Strickland in Reno with the decisive "z" kick shot. The "Color of Money" Reyes vs. Strickland race to 120 games of 9-ball that stands as the greatest match of all time. Finally a one-pocket match of Varner vs. Hopkins which shows a single game that lasts more than 2 hours despite Hopkins obtaining 7 balls in the first few minutes of the game. These matches provide entertainment and all the knowledge an aspiring player would like to know.

L.S. Dennis
04-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Mark's absolutely right about the Reyes/Strickland match in which Reyes makes that unforgettable 'z' shot and also the race to 120 match in Hong Kong between the same two guys. The commentary by the way on that match is done beautifully by none other than Mark Wilson!

thepoolnerd
04-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Other good ones: Grady Mathews vs. Mike Guylassy semifinal in the 94 back pocket 9 ball championships. Talk about getting into a zone. Fun watching a new game. Blomdahl scoring 60 in 15 innings (3 cushion) may be the most impressive match I've seen. Yoshiwaras (sic) trick shot tape is amazing. Any of the 150 and out straight pool matches are worth the money.

Predator314
04-15-2003, 06:51 AM
I have two that I got off eBay. I got Sigel vs Zuglan (150 ball run by Sigel). I also have a Reyes vs. Archer from '95 (I think). I definitely recommend the Sigel 150 ball run tape. The Reyes vs. Archer is pretty good, but really not worth watching over and over.

I want the Reyes vs. Strickland tapes, but don't really want to fork out $130 for them. I wish they would convert some of these things to DVD.

Kato
04-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Everyone knows the answer to this one. It's Sandor Tot vs Johnny Archer in the 2002 U.S. Open. My man Tot rocks!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

eg8r
04-15-2003, 09:58 AM
I started the Hong Kong series after becoming a club memeber. You get the one tape a month for as long as you want (quit when you want). After all is said and done, you pretty much get free shipping. I think they take $4 off each tape and shipping is around $4. This is the easiest way to get the whole set without chunking down a ton of money.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm in the video-of-the-month club too. I love it. You can let them surprise you each month or call ahead of time if you want a specific tape. Heck sometimes I call and order two. And it goes straight to your credit card.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2003, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shotdocta:</font><hr>

....8-ball....<hr /></blockquote>

Efren Reyes vs. Jimmy Wetch

Efren Reyes vs. Roger Griffis

04-16-2003, 02:20 PM
why is it that efren reyes manages to dominate the 8 ball tournaments so often? is he really that good at 8 ball? and also, i recieved the efren/strickland video today. it was ok.... kinda boring really, till the last game with that z kick. i do have to say that they were both playing exceptionally well.

Cueless Joey
04-16-2003, 04:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shotdocta:</font><hr> why is it that efren reyes manages to dominate the 8 ball tournaments so often? is he really that good at 8 ball? and also, i recieved the efren/strickland video today. it was ok.... kinda boring really, till the last game with that z kick. i do have to say that they were both playing exceptionally well. <hr /></blockquote>
You put 15 balls on the table, Efren gets the edge.
Besides the other guys not being able to win on the break as often as if they're playing 9-ball, Efren just plays a better pattern on a crowded table. He plays great straight-pool too. Of course, Efren might just be the best one-pocket player of all time.
I remember watching Efren play Steve Mizerak at the semis of the world 8-ball at the Riviera years ago. Mizerak got to the table TWICE. Once was when Efren dogged the 8-ball.
Steve said he it was unbelievable. It was so funny, after Efren ran 3 racks in a row on him he muttered to the audience, "I'm playing bad".

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2003, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr>....I got Sigel vs Zuglan (150 ball run by Sigel). I also have a Reyes vs. Archer from '95 (I think). I definitely recommend the Sigel 150 ball run tape.... <hr /></blockquote>

I happened to watch that Sigel tape for the first time (definitely not the last) last night. WOW. That was a thing of beauty. After about 80 balls Grady says something like "I don't think he's got a miss in him tonight" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He was right.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2003, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
....Efren just plays a better pattern on a crowded table..... <hr /></blockquote>

Good analysis Joey. When a player has that kind of CB control he can maneuver around the blockers.

04-20-2003, 05:21 AM
If you are basing your choice on entertainment value this is my recommendation:

ANYTHING with Keith Mcready playing and ANYTHING with Grady and Billy Incardona (as a team) commentating.

Keith is soooooooooo much fun to watch, and Grady and Billy can get into some hilarious conversations. Grady's one of the funniest people I've ever met.

04-21-2003, 03:40 AM
i have a question... are there any accu stat video's where a player just runs rack after rack in 9 ball to win the set without the opponent shooting? if not, what's the closest thing to it?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2003, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shotdocta:</font><hr> i have a question... are there any accu stat video's where a player just runs rack after rack in 9 ball to win the set without the opponent shooting? if not, what's the closest thing to it? <hr /></blockquote>

269B-16

Deuel defeats Immonen 11-0 in the final of the 2001 US Open.

========================================
If you like straight pool check out Sigel v. Zuglan from 1992. Zuglan breaks. Sigel steps to the table and runs 150 to win.

Yuppie
04-22-2003, 10:02 AM
I took the suggestion of everyone to get the Sigel vs. Zuglan 14.1 match. Bad A$$!! Sigel was in a zone. I mean, his first shot was simply a work of art. He was jacked up over the pocket and put draw on the CB to break out a couple. From across the table too! I mean, it doesn't get more exciting than that.

I'm sorry, but 9-ball is boring in comparison to a good 14.1 match. Watching a player maneuver around and around a rack, picking out balls as he goes all the way to 150 is far more exciting than a loud break and running out 6 or 7 balls.

I guess I'm more of an old-school type.

Got the Daulton vs. Reyes 1Pocket tape a few weeks ago too. That was a good match as well. It's a shame what happened to Reyes. Esp. with his lead. He just lost it.