PDA

View Full Version : some simple trick shots...

snook
04-13-2003, 07:42 PM
wondering if anybody could give me a few simple trick shots or sucker bets, either way really. i dont gamble i would just like some fun shots to spice things up at the hall and also on the shot below where should the cue ball be and what kind of english should i use? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

START(
%AK0C9%DL3C9%JI7C9%P`8P2%QX2_1%UD2[1%VJ6E2%WD1C9%XH2C9%YE5D2
%ZL1D0
)END

04-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Here's one shot I've been messing with. Isn't too hard but looks pretty cool, if you can keep it on the table. just hit the CB hard into the cushion with some topsin, it should fly over the obstructing balls and hopefully knock into the 9. Good luck!

WEI table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)

Paul_Mon
04-14-2003, 08:35 AM
This one is a favorite of mine. Aim to hit between the 2nd and 3rd ball. The third ball is the toughy. Sometimes it helps to line the balls up at a very slight angle to help the third ball.

START(
%A[1D0%B[1E3%C[2F7%D[2H1%PQ5F5%QX2_1%UY7F0%VR4F5%W[5Z9%X[3H8
%Yr7D0%Z[8E3%eB5b1%_D9D0%`s3E8%a\1F7
)END

Paul Mon

Popcorn
04-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Here is an old shot but it may be new to you. You will need a golf tee. to do it. Place the three balls in a triangle with the golf tee in the center, not touching any of the balls. The trick is for your friends to try to knock over the tee. It must be done with the hit of the cue ball not balls bouncing off the rails.

START(
%AN7O5%BC6[5%CC7D0%DD1D6%EM7P1%FD3Z7%GC6D5%HM7N8%IC9D7%JB6B2
%KC7Z5%LC5C1%MC3Z8%NB3[5%OC7C4%Pg4O6
)END

It can be done but is not easy, the average players will not be able to do it.

Paul_Mon
04-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Here's a good sucker bet for you.

Put a ball on the spot and with BIH shoot the ball into the corner pocket and draw the cue ball back. Spot the ball again and shoot it again into the same pocket. What you can not do is touch a rail with the cue ball. Bet someone that they can't do it 5 times in a row. It's quite a bit harder than it looks.

Rod
04-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Here is a simple one, it's been around since Sheps grandmother was a pup. The two is frozen to the rail, the one is froze to the two. The dark line towards the side is the set up line. One in the corner, two across side and the c/b three rails to make the three.

Rod

START(
%A^3Y4%B^2Z8%Cr1D3%Pg5Z2%UL2Z7%VC7O4%WQ6D3%X^8X7%Y E1Z9%Z]2Y3
%[D3N5%\Q0C4%]]7D2%^^1X4%eA7`8%_p5E1%`b7M0%aL8[2
)END

wei table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html )

snook
04-14-2003, 02:50 PM
how do you knock the tee over? also rod can you give me a wei diagram? thanks also can anybody tell me the setup on the shot where you make seven balls at once? ive seen it done and have a rough clue i just need to know the english and where to hit.

thanks for everything

Rod
04-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Snook, I forgot the diagram! LOL I'd forget my butt if it wasn't attached. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The tee gets knocked over by forcing the head ball forward. It' more difficult than it looks.
I'll let someone else diagram 7 balls, my arms are limp and a litttle shakey from cutting down a tree.

Rod

Scott Lee
04-14-2003, 11:14 PM
This shot is in my signature here...it is set up quite accurately, and hit with NO english...only draw. The CB is also in the right place to make the shot. I wouldn't call this an easy shot, and it must be set up just right, and hit just right. Adjusting the shot, if one or more of the balls don't go, is another secret to making it consistently.
The Butterfly/Six balls in six pockets is MUCH easier to set up and make all the balls.

Scott Lee

04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snook:</font><hr> how do you knock the tee over? also rod can you give me a wei diagram? thanks also can anybody tell me the setup on the shot where you make seven balls at once? ive seen it done and have a rough clue i just need to know the english and where to hit.

thanks for everything <hr /></blockquote>
Don't you just put some follow on the CB and go straight through?

Popcorn
04-15-2003, 03:15 PM
That is the problem, with the three balls frozen to each other, the cueball can't get to the tee. It always goes to one side or the other. The real trick is to hit the one ball dead center with follow, but not very hard. The harder you hit it, the less chance you will knock over the tee. You do need some rules also, don't let them jack up and jump the cue ball all the way to the balls and land on top of the balls. If someone lets you have ball in hand to do it, all that has to be done is strike the front ball with a lot of draw (see wei) and force the front ball into the tee.
START(
%AN7O5%BC9]2%CD0Z3%D@2\9%EM7P1%FC5[7%GC4[0%HM7N8%IE8Z4%JB8Z4
%KE1[0%LD5Y9%M@9[9%NA5[7%OB8Z6%Ph5Z1
)END
You need to make then keep the cue ball on the spot