PDA

View Full Version : poolhall junkies divx

sack316
04-13-2003, 11:38 PM
hey all, got an avi of poolhall junkies a little while ago. I'm watching it and checking for bugs. its showing its about an hour and a half, hopefully thats the whole movie. So far the onlyproblem is if you try to fast forward or rewind it just goes back to the start. You'll need an updated divx player to watch it. Once I make sure it is ok I'll put it in my kazaa folder and leave it connected for you guys. Also if anyone has anyplace on the web they'd like it posted for whatever reason give me the info and I'll try to do it. I have a long day tomorrow (8am til 3 in the morning). but if you email me or post on here I'll check it as soon as I can.

Brent
04-14-2003, 05:02 AM
Cool that the divX is out. I got the Color of Money dvd rip on 2 CD-s /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thepoolnerd
04-14-2003, 07:32 AM
I posted earlier asking people to put more pool/billiards on Kazaa and didn't get much of a response. I've added a few pool files myself. It's pretty disappointing that there is virtually no pool on Kazaa.

cycopath
04-14-2003, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> hey all, got an avi of poolhall junkies...<hr /></blockquote>Cool. I'll be looking for it on KaZaa. Thx.

04-14-2003, 02:27 PM
do you think you can post it on an ftp site maybe instead of kazaa? that would be a lot more helpful to me... thanks

thepoolnerd
04-14-2003, 03:50 PM
You'll never get it downloaded off of Kazaa. I've been trying for 6 weeks. It took 5 weeks to get the first half.

cycopath
04-14-2003, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> You'll never get it downloaded off of Kazaa. I've been trying for 6 weeks. It took 5 weeks to get the first half. <hr /></blockquote>Do you have a high bandwidth connection?

thepoolnerd
04-14-2003, 05:13 PM
I do have a fast connection. People download it and don't share it or cut you off halfway through.

zooom101
04-14-2003, 05:14 PM
I found a guy that has it. Its waiting to download in my traffic folder right now. I just have to wait for the guy to sign on again. Its over 720,000 Kb so I'm pretty sure that its the whole thing.

Poolnerd: I'll mail it to you when I get it downloaded.

Zooom101~ Hoping that the movie will open in Tallahassee someday.

JayCee
04-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Zooom101, will you please email it to me also?

sack316
04-15-2003, 02:49 PM
sorry for slow response, had about 17 hours of work yesterday. Anyway, I marked the video as shared now so I'll leave it connected while I'm away at league tonight. The bad news is that even though it has a marker all the way to an hour and a half, it cuts itself off at the 50 minute mark. I was not happy. But the first 50 minutes are there for those who want it, it is great quality video. I have the DVD coming in from overseas, so when I get it I'll rip THE WHOLE THING for y'all. Ill let you know when that happens.

Warren_Lushia
04-15-2003, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> sorry for slow response, had about 17 hours of work yesterday. Anyway, I marked the video as shared now so I'll leave it connected while I'm away at league tonight. The bad news is that even though it has a marker all the way to an hour and a half, it cuts itself off at the 50 minute mark. I was not happy. But the first 50 minutes are there for those who want it, it is great quality video. I have the DVD coming in from overseas, so when I get it I'll rip THE WHOLE THING for y'all. Ill let you know when that happens. <hr /></blockquote>

if the file is about 720 megs, that should be the whole movie (that is the file i have). however, its possible you may have to do some fixing to get it to work. i had to, but i am using a mac (i think avi is windows media player extension). I eventually got it to work, but i had to manipulate the file a few times. the good news is the 720 meg file is high quality, very nice.

it took me 19 hours to download this sucker. i did it through ftp from a friends computer, and it doesn't matter if you have a fast connection, if the other end has slow upload times, your fast connection doesn't mean diddly! kazaa is horrible, at least for me. if i try and do other things with kazaa in the background, especially internet, kazaa constantly crashes. and as other people pointed out, you need to have the other person online the whole time, and i think you can count on taking 24 hours maybe more to get the whole file, its huge. i think the speed also depends on how many people are filesharing with you, so if 10 people are trying to get the movie, it could take forever.

i've had this for about 3 months now, so its been around for a while, and maybe there is a reason its hard to find on kazaa, cause its a huge file!

warren..

q4summit
04-16-2003, 03:54 AM
Jesus.

Have you guys ever heard of mIRC? You can download movies like this in about an hour, 2 tops. I had LOTR a month before it came out, Spiderman, Bondock Saints, the Hustler, COM.

You name it, you can find it. The way you get them so fast is simply setting up your computer as a server to download from. Then you dont have to wait in a qued line for days to get the movie.

Look up stuff for mIRC. Don't waste time with simple FTP type engines that allow for jackoffs to cut you off all day long. mIRC is fun, mIRC is ez, mIRC has everything.

mIRC IS THE FUTURE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marc

Predator314
04-16-2003, 09:45 AM
What server(s) and channels do you get these from?

nAz
04-16-2003, 09:03 PM
I made a serch of PHjunkies on Kaaza about 3 weeks ago found 2 hits for it but did not bother to Dload it,

your better off getting some one to burn it to a CD then mail it to you its faster and cheaper /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aboo
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
heh, mIRC is also kind of dangerous for a computer novice. More viruses are passed through mIRC than through a whore house in the Spring time.