PDA

View Full Version : Western Canadian 9-Ball Championships

Buckster_uk
04-14-2003, 02:47 PM
This event kicks off tomorrow, what sites will be providing coverage? Any gossip leading up to this event? Big names entering?

almer
04-14-2003, 10:21 PM
I believe the event starts tuesday.So far i think we have Archer Strickland Ralf Souket Alex plus all the Canadian pros.Tonight was Mike Massey,Cliff Thorburn,ttick shots plus Luke Salvas and Frenchy speed pool.Part of the tourny is at great white and the rest is at skating oval at university which is set up for tv.Sml had their league playoffs there for past week.128 bar boxes.They send the most teams to vegas of any operator anywhere.they also have aleague playoff starting thursday for a total $50000.00payout.Idont know exact format,i play singles thursday,team friday.This is above all the Vegas trips as they were played on sat sun.I will see draw tues nite for pros. almer

snipershot
04-15-2003, 07:13 AM
Hi Buckster,

This event is taking place in my hometown, I plan on watching the action for a couple days probably on Friday and Saturday. Greatwhitebilliards.net has some of the tourney info as well as a list of players competing but at the moment they don't have a schedule of who plays when, I also believe there is a story about the event over at AZ billiards. Strickland and Archer will be there, Imran Majid is one of the players coming from the U.K. as well as a few others (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif) The only gossip so far is that Frenchy has been bragging about how he's gonna kill Luc Salvas at speed pool, I have a hard time seeing that happen and so will everyone who's seen Luc shoot before. The event sounds like a blast and I can't wait till Friday!

UWPoolGod
04-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the direction to that site. I play several of those players in local tourneys every week. Didn't know they were heading up there. I saw Hsin Huang win the Northwest Womens Pool Association tourney a few weeks ago. Shoots lights out, came from Taiwan. Wish it was a little closer to go watch. Still it probably is only an 8 hour drive from Seattle.

04-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Is Cory Deuel playing?

snipershot
04-15-2003, 04:34 PM
The site has brackets up of who's playing who now, I didn't see any really interesting first round matches, they must have went up today because they weren't there when I checked yesterday. Seattle to Calgary is longer than an eight hour drive, well I guess it depends how fast you go /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

snipershot
04-15-2003, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shooting247:</font><hr> Is Cory Deuel playing? <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, Cory Deuel won't be there.

04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Why will he not be playing?

I saw he was at the Molson Cup with the likes of Johnny Archer, I presumed he was there to get ready for this tournament. What is he doing now then?

snipershot
04-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I have no idea why he isn't playing /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif or what he's doing instead either /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif The tournament is paying $10,000 for first place so I can't see it having anything to do with money, I wished he was going though I'd sure love to meet him.