PDA

View Full Version : Darn Strike!!!!!

eg8r
04-14-2003, 04:01 PM
It was a horrible morning today. I thought I would get to work a little early. About 5:00 I come down Spur 341 on my way to work when I hit a traffic jam a a half mile away from work. Well normally I am able to drive right into the plant at this time. After 35 minutes of stop and go traffic I finally make it the gate. What do I see, a bunch of people on strike picketing in front of the entrance.

I guess I can be happy now at the end of the day. Our security guys have agreed with the Union leads to allow 7 cars to pass and then the strikers can walk across. The problem is that they walk to slow. LOL

Strike's suck (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/04/14/lockheed.strike.ap/index.html)

eg8r

nAz
04-14-2003, 04:07 PM
You must resist the temptation to run right through them.

snipershot
04-14-2003, 04:21 PM
You must not resist the temptation to run right through them /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, it would make you feel a whole lot better especially after being stuck in all that traffic.

eg8r
04-14-2003, 07:34 PM
Oh my goodness. You should see how slooooooow some of them walk. I cannot believe we are giving them any money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
How come you aren't on strike? Doesn't everyone usually strike together?

Kato~~~doesn't get to strike but my father does.

eg8r
04-15-2003, 12:23 PM
I am not part of the union. LOL

I also could not live on their salaries either. While striking they get $128 a week. My ship would sink quick at that rate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r