PDA

View Full Version : Married By America

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Two would be weddings turned out to be duds. See what happens when America butts in. blah /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Am I missing something here, or did you forget something?

~~ makes me wonder

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2003, 06:13 AM
Whatchoo talkin' about?

BTW seein' as how you're likin' them Led Zep lyrics I'll throw this one out from The Lemon Song "Squeeze my lemon baby, till the...."

ok, later /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
04-15-2003, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two would be weddings turned out to be duds. See what happens when America butts in. blah <hr /></blockquote> I hardly think America butted in, the show was forced down our tubes, we just had to turn the channel (I did). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 09:34 AM
[quote=eg8rI hardly think America butted in, the show was forced down our tubes, we just had to turn the channel (I did). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>True. I guess it was a "guilty pleasure"? Tee hee.

I mean it's just all these crazy reality shows that keep popping up. I remember the "Married to a Millionaire" show where the chick (Darva Conger) wound up not marrying the guy. Blah. Then you had "Temptation Island"--which I miss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then you had "Joe Millionaire" and now there's that new one coming up called "Mr. Personality".

I still feel that these shows cannot compare to my ultimate "guilty pleasure" shows: The Real World and Road Rules.../ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> BTW seein' as how you're likin' them Led Zep lyrics I'll throw this one out from The Lemon Song "Squeeze my lemon baby, till the...."

ok, later /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Lemon huh? Is that what you're calling it these days? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Well, lemons are just to sour for me so I guess you don't get many... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-15-2003, 09:46 AM
I like the RW RR competitions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
04-15-2003, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I remember the "Married to a Millionaire" show where the chick (Darva Conger) wound up not marrying the guy. Blah. <hr /></blockquote>If I remember correctly, she married him on the show, but admittedly refused to consumate the bond, and she sought a divorce or an annullment shortly thereafter.

Simultaneously, she accepted an offer from Playboy to do a spread for which she was paid quite a large sum. I wonder if the guy could have sued her for divorce and demanded some of her post marital earnings? Especially since it was obviously her marriage to him that made it possible for her to get paid such a large sum.

Fred Agnir
04-15-2003, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Two would be weddings turned out to be duds. See what happens when America butts in. blah /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>It was like a train wreck.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> If I remember correctly, she married him on the show, but admittedly refused to consumate the bond, and she sought a divorce or an annullment shortly thereafter.

Simultaneously, she accepted an offer from Playboy to do a spread for which she was paid quite a large sum. I wonder if the guy could have sued her for divorce and demanded some of her post marital earnings? Especially since it was obviously her marriage to him that made it possible for her to get paid such a large sum. <hr /></blockquote>

[b]I think that if Rick whatever his last name was were cuter, she would've gone for it. I remember when she finally saw what he looked like and then he kissed her, I though, IMO, that she looked repulsive. As a matter of fact, she stated that she didn't appreciate him kissing her (tongue involved) like that when he first saw her.

04-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Are these couples getting paid to get married?

Why would someone do a show like this?
People watchings this need to get a life, when does it start again I want to watch /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
04-15-2003, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AsianX:</font><hr> Are these couples getting paid to get married? Why would someone do a show like this?
People watchings this need to get a life...<hr /></blockquote>I believe the women selected to be the bride was given fifty thousand dollars. I'm pretty sure all the other contestants got paid something, but I don't know how much. Many of them were probably aspiring models and actresses. To be seen on national network TV is a big incentive for them.

Also, the man the selected woman was to marry was ostensibly a millionare, so living in comfort was pretty well assured. They knew his approximate or actual age, and were probably assured he was at least pretty decent looking. Would you marry a millionaire like that sight unseen for $50,000. dollars? =Tom

04-15-2003, 11:26 AM
$50,000. dollars maybe, my student loans are mounting up.
and if the groom looks like nAz I would seriously consider it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Would you marry a millionaire like that sight unseen for $50,000. dollars? =Tom <hr /></blockquote>

HELL NO!

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AsianX:</font><hr> and if the groom looks like nAz I would seriously consider it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

That's my girl... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MikeM
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Wendy,

What happened? I missed it to go to the Wizards game last night. I usually never watch these reality trash shows but I've been following this one because Kevin is the brother of one of my best friends. Did he not get married? If so I know his dad is happy. He was not thrilled that one of his children humiliated himself on national TV.

Mike

04-15-2003, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>
Also, the man the selected woman was to marry was ostensibly a millionare, so living in comfort was pretty well assured. They knew his approximate or actual age, and were probably assured he was at least pretty decent looking. Would you marry a millionaire like that sight unseen for $50,000. dollars? =Tom <hr /></blockquote>

The first couple where that woman was in the adult industry business...the guy she suppose to marry didn't have a job /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Well, the brunette couple, the one with the chick that posed for Playboy, she told him "I Don't" and he was kind of upset although the families seemed happy.

The best one, which was left for last, was the blond couple, where he said "I Don't". For what was that! She walked back up the aisle and you know cameras followed her and she's crying and crying (expected) and the guy that walked her down the aisle starting yelling at the groom about being a coward and there were some bleeps in there as well.