PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Larry?

Popcorn
04-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Click on his name it says no longer in data base. If you click on a past post, it has no name on the post. Did they dump him, or block him?

Rod
04-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Wonder Dog is running the show now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL Why do you miss him already?

preacherman
04-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Very Good question. I've been told he can't sign on!
Shock to him too.

Jim

Popcorn
04-14-2003, 09:53 PM
I was looking for a thread I knew he had posted to, so I figured I would click on his name and look at his history to find it, but there was nothing there.

bluewolf
04-15-2003, 03:10 AM
I talked to him by cell phone yesterday. He had been at the master's golf tournament all weekend, and said he had a really great time. If his name is out of the database, maybe the admin booted him.

Btw-Howdy Popcorn

Laura

bluewolf
04-15-2003, 03:44 AM
I thought downtown was kicked off. Yet you can pull up his name and you can see his posts, although they are archived. Does that mean that the admin has now removed the ban on him?

Laura

Ralph S.
04-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Fast Larry vs. Downtown, now that woulda been the mother of all trash talking wars LOL.

eg8r
04-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Who was talking about Downtown?

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
04-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Popcorn,

Looks like the legend has become 'void'

Fast Larry has left the forum. Either by his own accord, or by violation of one or more of the rules of the forum. Either way, it looks as if he is no longer in the 'data base' of CCB.

I must admit... he generated a lot of posts.

TomBrooklyn
04-15-2003, 08:16 AM
I think I saw him on TV Sunday at Augusta National about 3 rows from the front of the crowd near the green on the 10th hole at the time of the playoff. He was wearing something green, either one of those visors or a green shirt. The camera went past fast so I wasn't sure. Not kidding.

Sid_Vicious
04-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Larry didn't learn the tricks to keeping his place on the CCB food chain. If he'd gruffly stated, "Ok that's it, I'm leaving this board!", he could have had many "cat's lives" and popped back in at will without being booted. It's worked for certain people since the creation ot the CCB...sid

Barbara
04-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Wow. Gonesky.

That's a shame because that last thread that 9ballchump started was getting really funny!

Fast Larry never got it that is was all a joke, did he?

Barbara~~~hopes FL is double checking his dosages wherever he is...

Tom_In_Cincy
04-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Ralph,,

I think Larry would have demolished downtown..

nAz
04-15-2003, 04:21 PM
downtown is Larry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll get Larry back just give me 5 days /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

04-15-2003, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> downtown is Larry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll get Larry back just give me 5 days /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

nAz stop causing trouble /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopster
04-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Too bad the guy didnt take it slow and not let things get to him. Man probably has a wealth of stories and info but he let his ego get the better of him.
That ego can be a big chip to carry.

Harold Acosta
04-15-2003, 08:48 PM
I didn't find Fast Larry or 9Ball Chump. Did find Patrick.
I think Larry and Chump are gone for good.

04-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Despite I, Jesus Christ's lack of popularity on this board I do enjoy reading the writing of you mortals. Due to the lack of respect and general rudeness by the "Flash" otherwise known as "Fast Larry," I have banished him to a temporary Hell so to speak. He has been placed in a grammar school which he cannot escape. His teacher happens to be a copy of someone you all should be familiar with, Patrick.

If he so decides, he may return to his posts at a later date.

Jesus Christ

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2003, 10:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jesus:</font><hr> Due to the lack of respect...<hr /></blockquote>

With all due respect, your "Holyness", can you explain your lack of respect of the use of the picture of someone who died in the WTC?

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/met_MISSING_1012_cabezas.html

bluewolf
04-16-2003, 04:56 AM
CCBers,

I talked to Larry last night. He siad to give you a message. he has a new dog, a very smart Austrailian Sheepdog. He put him on the table and he could not run three balls. He has named him 'Bozo". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

bluewolf
04-16-2003, 05:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I didn't find Fast Larry or 9Ball Chump. Did find Patrick.
I think Larry and Chump are gone for good. <hr /></blockquote>

If you pull up ALF in users, it says for number of posts, zero.

Laura

Ralph S.
04-16-2003, 07:42 AM
I aint too sure Tom, Downtown could get very nasty at times LOL.

04-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Impressive 9BG ... Are you a detective as well?

Scott ~ still impressed 9BG flat-out busted him.

9 Ball Girl
04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Charlotte_Scott:</font><hr> Impressive 9BG ... Are you a detective as well?

Scott ~ still impressed 9BG flat-out busted him.

<hr /></blockquote>

That's what working for the Federal Government does to you! Actually, SPetty brought it up once before and I found her thread and copied the URL.

Wendy&lt;---far from being Columbo!

04-18-2003, 11:29 PM
For the same reason you use a picture which you scanned out of Playboy.

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Ewww. I'd prefer the ease of DVD movies. You can go directly to the part you want. No more pesky pages for me. http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/diabolo.gif

preacherman
04-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Fast Larry was removed by the board!
I know more about it than that, but will just say here I don't think they should have taken him off, and the number
of people to view this posts seems to indicate people had interest in what Fast Larry had to say.

To bad for some serious pool players, as Larry had some good stuff as far as pool. He can still be reached through his website at: www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com)

Jim

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Preacherman,

IIRC, you are from Georgia, same state as FL. Could there be the least bit of predudice in your post? Just curious.

And, there are quite a few POOL related forums that FL can post if he chooses. CCB is not the only forum on the internet. I just hope he changes his posting style and starts contributing worthwhile posts more often.

If you do know more about why FL was removed, its because you probably talked to FL. If he got an explaination of why he was removed, then he knows that it was that he got a lot of complaints against him from CCB members. Anything else is just his side of the story and if its like any of his posts.. its a very one-sided story.. in his favor.

Popcorn
04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I know he did annoy some people, I stopped reading his posts, so I don't know what he said to get kicked off. It must have been bad though, because I can think of only one other poster to be kicked off. I can't believe he could have said anything that approached what that guy was writing. He may have requested he be removed from the data base himself. I will see him at the BCA show. I seen him before but never paid much attention, but I am curious to see his show now.

preacherman
04-20-2003, 10:53 PM
You stated regarding Fast Larry: "...He may have requested he be removed from the data base himself..."

This is absolutlely NOT the case. I know him as we both live near Atlanta, and are in touch we each other often and that is not the case. This is the kind of person that in person does not come across as he did on the board.

Jim

preacherman
04-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Tom,
No "prejudice" just because I'm from GA. I actually am in Atlanta area, and live only 1 hour from Fast Larry and have met with him many times. Personally, I think FL is not made for forum style discussions, but he can't be beat as a decent and knowledgeable person once you get to know him in person. Plersonally, I would discourage him from ANY other boards, and think it is not time BEST spent for him. He's the kind of person I think best in person.

Also, I enjoy your posts and website.

Jim

bluewolf
04-21-2003, 04:29 AM
I ditto. FL is much better in person. The last time I talked to him, he was not told why he was kicked off.

The only thing I can figure is that with all the weirdness that was going on here, the admin kicked off quite a few people, in an effort to return the forum to it's once friendly state.

I do not think that his style is for boards either. He is a wonderful teacher and a dynamite person to have as a friend.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
04-21-2003, 07:23 AM
BW...I wonder if it wasn't one of many things. Larry was quick to say he wasn't giving anything away for free here, and he mentioned more than once to buy his $20 tape instead of merely responding to direct questions presented in a pleasant tone. All his slanderous overtones were bad, but there's posters still here now who have been real close to the same under pressure in other threads, you &amp; WW have been on the recieving end of one in particular not so long ago. So, I really feel that Larry might have gotten booted for one of many things, trying to sell his good is a good enough reason for me. At least the others here offering services for pay does it without the $-dollar signs posted, and those others also GIVE something. Except for Larry's stories of yester-year, he didn't want to GIVE us anything...sid

bluewolf
04-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Sid,

Larry gives freely to his friends. Believe me, I have been on the receiving end. He returns a favor and friendship in kind.

He has told me a lot of stuff in confidence and it is deeper than you could ever imagine.

As far as the contents of the correspondence between him self and the administrator, before and/or after he got booted, you need to ask him.

I just do not think a public forum is the place to talk about particulars regarding him or about things told to me in confidence.

My term of friendship is a little different I guess than others. If someone is my friend,I stay their friend through good times and bad and it is not contingent on my liking or approving of what they are doing or their lifestyle.

Maybe people here are more real, (I still do not know everybody real well)but I have always had trouble fitting in with cliques. It is kind of like you mentioned once when you were concerned that if you stopped playing pool, your pool buds might not be your buds anymore. I have seen this happen so many times in so many ocasions and it has happened to me, so I learned what a real friend is.

Yeah, I did go through the wringer here, I guess part was ignorance and being new and part my own doing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Voodoo Daddy
04-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Removed only 250 posts too late...he was abbusive/rude/obnoxious at best...I wished he took the guy posing as "Jesus" with him...&lt;shakin head&gt;

Sid_Vicious
04-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Honestly BW, can you say that Larry EVER directly responded to a question of help here on this board? There was one poster who merely asked him to list his accomplishments from the Guinnes(sp?) records, twice. Larry could write a near novel with a story but refused to say anything but "Buy my $20 tape and watch it for yourself." That is only an example, there were almost if not ZERO times that the guy actually GAVE ANYTHING HERE. Is that not true????sid~~~just stating the facts, and seemingly have many backers of those from others here

TomBrooklyn
04-21-2003, 09:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>can you say that Larry EVER directly responded to a question of help here on this board? <hr /></blockquote>Larry may be a lot of things, but I don't understand slighting the guy because he didn't contribute enough. First off, he did contribute some positive shooting tips and pool anecdotes. He contributed more pool knowledge in six weeks than some people here, myself included, have or could have even if they wanted to, contribute in a year. Granted, the nature of his presentation had a tendency to overwhelm the information in his posts. Frankly, some of his posts I didn't even read because they were so long and filled with fluff, but I read some that had good pool knowledge in them.

However, all that put aside, no one here is obligated to answer anyone's questions. If I ask a question and it gets answered, I much appreciate getting the response(s). But I never thought to criticize someone because they didn't answer enough. Getting your or my question answered is a courtesy or a gift, not the meeting of an obligation.

bluewolf
04-21-2003, 09:53 PM
tap tap
Laura

Barbara
04-22-2003, 10:40 AM
You know, everytime I check to see who's online and I see an anonymous user reading this thread, I can't help but think that it's FL, and that he's banging his head on the keyboard because he can't get in to post a response to any of this.

It's quite the mental picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

nAz
04-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey doesn't Larry owe someone a cue?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2003, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> You know, everytime I check to see who's online and I see an anonymous user reading this thread, I can't help but think that it's FL, and that he's banging his head on the keyboard because he can't get in to post a response to any of this.

<font color="blue">And I think the last thing ole Fast needs is more blows to the head /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font color>

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2003, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> You know, everytime I check to see who's online and I see an anonymous user reading this thread, I can't help but think that it's FL, and that he's banging his head on the keyboard because he can't get in to post a response to any of this.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

You mean like this?

http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1034641785.gif

Wendy~~~I do miss Wonder Dog, though

Sid_Vicious
04-22-2003, 12:30 PM
I'd really hoped that Larry could have opened up with some of his knowledge when asked and hung around. Oh well, like Tom said, "what you get in advice here is a gift", and I guess in Larry case the gift needed to be preceded by "a Jackson" note.

It's probably true that this venue of an internet discussion board isn't his style...sid

TomBrooklyn
04-22-2003, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote preacherman:</font><hr>I would discourage him from ANY other boards<hr /></blockquote>I would discourage anyone who first comes on a forum from posting until they read the forum for a while and get a feel for the flavor of it's contents and the pecking order and credentials of it's participants. More new users on a forum have gotten themselves into embarrassing situations for violating this concept than any other reason.

In the case of someone like Larry who just got on the internet and had never participated in any forum before, this would go double. In the case of someone like Larry who tends to have strong opinions (haha), this would go double again. It often occurs that someone new to forum posting has some unpleasant experiences before they grasp some of the nuances of reading and writing posts devoid of facial expression and tone of voice, and the misunderstandings that can ensue.

Other than that, I don't see why the Fast Man couldn't get a handle on forum etiquette like everyone else had to do when they first started participating on the Information Superhighway. Too bad that in the meantime, some would just as soon throw out the baby with the bath water.

Kato
04-22-2003, 06:29 PM
When Fast came on the board I sent him a PM offering my advice. He didn't take it. HOWEVER, he did PM me before he got booted offering to speak to me one on one on the phone. I don't know if I'll take him up but maybe someday, so for myself. For a long time I worried whether or not I was liked, sometimes I still do I guess. I always tried to bite my tongue and make a good impression. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes..........

Kato

Barbara
04-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Kato,

You don't have to worry, we love you. At least, I do. In name only, cause, you know /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

See you in May!

Barbara~~~25 days till vacation!!!

Kato
04-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Yes, I know..........ya know.

Kato

Rod
04-22-2003, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad that in the meantime, some people would just as soon throw out the baby with the bath water.
<hr /></blockquote>

They tried that with me as a kid and I just came back to haunt them. Had they have known to cover my dominant eye I could have gotten lost. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
04-23-2003, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> When Fast came on the board I sent him a PM offering my advice. He didn't take it. Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I sent FL a pm when he was first on. About a week or so befor he got booted, he wrote that he was answering my pm and that he had just figured it out. I had forgotten by then, what I had written to him about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Fred Agnir
04-23-2003, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I'd really hoped that Larry could have opened up with some of his knowledge when asked and hung around. <hr /></blockquote>Here's the thing. He claimed that he did indeed add some wealth of knowledge in his posts. When someone gave any advice that he actually agreed with, he claimed them as his own with verbage like "you're finally starting learn what I've been teaching you."

I'm glad that some people learned something from Larry. But really, as far as knowledge of pool, maybe at one point he may have known more than 99.99999% of the pool playing public, but with the internet, this and many forums, and posters like Randy, Scot, Fran (who post with excellent communication so that the ideas and advice can actually be learned), Bob Jewett, etc., he can't honestly say that anymore. Can anyone sight one thing he wrote or said that hasn't been hashed and rehashed here before? I never saw anything.

Add to that the many of the other posters who represent the non-professional instructors with a wealth of actual high level playing knowledge (with the communicative skills, again) like Dick Leonard, Steve Lipsky, Rod Elliot, Chris Cass, Voodoo, etc. And even more important, IMO, are the beginner-intermediate-advanced (but not so advanced) players that are willing to ask and share their experiences (in moderate doses, that is) and you've got a medium which anyone, and I mean anyone can learn from if they've got the two-way street open.

Fred &lt;~~~ sorry if I missed anyone. You all know that I love you or don't know you.

TheChump
04-25-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> CCBers,

I talked to Larry last night. He siad to give you a message. he has a new dog, a very smart Austrailian Sheepdog. He put him on the table and he could not run three balls. He has named him 'Bozo". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

I think he was really referring to himself...(not running 3 balls).....