PDA

View Full Version : Is There Still Discrimination In the USA?

TomBrooklyn
04-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Most CCBers seem to oppose discrimination, so I was wondering if anyone felt or noticed any lingering indications of discrimination against Witches, Warlocks and Pagans? Would anyone be upset if a coven of Witches and Warlocks conducted a ceremony in a local park at night in their neighborhood?

eg8r
04-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Surely I would be upset. However, I agree to the freedom of speech, religion, etc. The only downfall is living with the consequences.

eg8r

Rod
04-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Not lately Tom. Quoting a line from Judge Chamberlain Haller, Are you on drugs? LOL

Mr Ingrate
04-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Tom,

Saw in the news the other day where "Voodoo" was recognized as a religion. About time they got to join the ranks of the world's oldest con game.

However, it begs the question; Is Voodoo Daddy now a priest? Will Kato bite the head off a chicken and drink its blood?

But, the type of gathering you talk about may have already occurred, according to a Harry Belafonte song. Here is a brief excerpt.

<font color="red">Verse:</font color>
It was a zombie jamboree
Took place in the New York cemetery
Oh, it was a zombie jamboree
Took place in the New York cemetery

Zombies from all parts of the island
Some of them are great Calypsonians
Since the season was carnival
They got together in bacchanal
And they were singing

<font color="red">Chorus:</font color>
Back to back, ghoul, belly to belly
Well, I don't give a damn 'cause I'm stone dead already
Back to back, oh oh oh, belly to belly
It's a zombie jamboree

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Most CCBers seem to oppose discrimination, so I was wondering if anyone felt or noticed any lingering indications of discrimination against Witches, Warlocks and Pagans? Would anyone be upset if a coven of Witches and Warlocks conducted a ceremony in a local park at night in their neighborhood? <hr /></blockquote>

bluewolf
04-15-2003, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Tom,

Saw in the news the other day where "Voodoo" was recognized as a religion. About time they got to join the ranks of the world's oldest con game.

However, it begs the question; Is Voodoo Daddy now a priest? Will Kato bite the head off a chicken and drink its blood?

<hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo? I would object if they made a doll of me and started to do weird stuff to it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As far as witches and warlocks? Many in the wiccan religion or the Druid one and might be others call themselves withches or warlocks. Most of them do not have any special powers, however. I studied all kinds of that stuff back in my new age days and in particular knew wiccans. They had ceromies at solstice, but usually did it at a remote location.

In the city park? Most of them would not be so stupid /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Definately not my religion of choice and do not believe in their gods but try to be respectful in listening to others.

Laura

WaltVA
04-15-2003, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr>

Question: If Kato spills chicken blood on the Simonis at the CCB tournament, is this an automatic DQ? How about feathers on the CB? Is this a BIH?

Walt in VA

TomBrooklyn
04-15-2003, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>They had ceromies at solstice, but usually did it at a remote location. In the city park? Most of them would not be so stupid /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Thats what I'm talking about. People can go to the park as a group and play baseball or soccer or basketball etc., they can play musical instruments and sing. So why can't a bunch of pagans enjoy the same priviledge of use without fear?

Kato
04-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Come on Walt. I'd never spill the blood. Everyone knows it gives me special powers.

Kato

WaltVA
04-15-2003, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Come on Walt. I'd never spill the blood. Everyone knows it gives me special powers.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Kato - In view of those "special powers," can I get "special weight" if I make it to the tourney this year?

Walt in VA ~ (drinking nothing stronger than Maxwell House)

Fred Agnir
04-16-2003, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Tom,

Saw in the news the other day where "Voodoo" was recognized as a religion. <hr /></blockquote>And then there's Australia:

Jedi Religion (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2218456.stm)

HTH,

Fred