PDA

View Full Version : New WEI table info

Tom_In_Cincy
04-15-2003, 09:44 PM
From RSB and Mr. Wei himselfdear fellows,

[ QUOTE ]
thanks to you all for the kind words and helpful comments. and thanks to gregg for his great ideas.

the 9' table was originally commissioned by our greg with a very specific specs and a pretty styling. the 9' egg table really belongs to gregs now (although it's currently parked in my directory).

news regarding to the newer version of the table:

first of all, everything was built from ground up.

i have created a "pen tool" to allow user drawing straight zigzag lines with up to 10 turns (with the recent disscussion re 11 cushsions i guess it's a little outdated)

the new table is about 720 pixels wide with even better graphics, very sleek, user will be able to choose 7', 8', 9', snooker or billiards in a perfernce setting window and that setting will be encoded in the data string before sent. although the screen size goes up, the file size
actually goes down.

new data encoding method: this is where i get stocked at the moment. i thought of a new way to encode data using just upper and lower case alphbets (to make it http friendly, so we need no more of those "copy n
paste"). in the beginning everything worked well, however i am in a mess now, bugs everywhere. i think i have to start this over from scratch again.

other tasks after the encoding engine fixed: web cgi engine for generating the table on the fly, multible pages save and 3D playback (can do it seperately)

my cue is in there best w/ < no promises but will try

the version 1.0 table took me 1 afternoon to wrote, this version has taken me more than a year (well, off and on)

<hr /></blockquote>

Fred Agnir
04-16-2003, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wei:</font><hr>
the 9' table was originally commissioned by our greg with a very specific specs and a pretty styling. the 9' egg table really belongs to <hr /></blockquote>Aha! That explains the "9'egg" logo.

It's a 9' table for RSB' Greg Miller (whose username is greyegg). Greg posts a monthly "Useful Information" post for people with frequently asked questions that can be searched on the 'net.

RSB Useful Information (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=rsb+useful+information&amp;hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;as_drrb=b&amp;as_mind=12&amp;as_minm=3&amp;as_miny=2003&amp;as_m axd=16&amp;as_maxm=4&amp;as_maxy=2003&amp;selm=vgnma.38052%24m y4.16124%40fe04.atl2.webusenet.com&amp;rnum=1)

Fred &lt;~~~ in case anyone really wanted to know.

Scott Lee
04-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Bummer! I had the opportunity to spend the day with Greg today! He's a great guy, and we spent the day talking, playing pool, and discussing teaching! In case you didn't know, he owns a poolroom, and posts on the CCB as well! If I had known about the WEI table thing, I would have asked him about it today! He did mention that he just got a huge new computer, with tons of drive and storage!

Scott Lee