PDA

View Full Version : Earl Strickland loses

snipershot
04-16-2003, 05:11 PM
The first round of the Western Canadian 9 Ball Championship was played last night with the big upset being Earl Strickland losing his first match to Fabio Louison, I've never even heard of him before, does anybody got any info on this guy? All I know is that he is out of Pacific Avenue Billiards in Saskatoon Saskatchewen. Earl might have underestimated his opponent as there is alot of local "unheard of" players competing, oh well I guess it's off to the losers side for Earl.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2003, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> The first round of the Western Canadian 9 Ball Championship was played last night with the big upset being Earl Strickland losing his first match to Fabio Louison, I've never even heard of him before, does anybody got any info on this guy.....<hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that that long-haired guy who was on the cover of those romance novels? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yeah sounds like Earl may have underestimated his opponent. He's pissed off now no doubt. Look for him to tear thru the losers side.

almer
04-18-2003, 12:19 AM
I was at the western canadian watching matches and saw something very unusual.The format is rack your own balls and mr mike massey made the nine off the break 5 times against kim ga young,race to 11.Ibeleive he did it 3 times in previous match.Does this seem normal,does mike usually make a lot of nines on the break when someone else racks?I watched all matches at university last 2 days,saw only a couple nines on the break.When mikes match was over j archer racked balls loose and made 9in the corner on the same table.Everyone laughed.Very good venue.good matches.almer

DSAPOLIS
04-18-2003, 07:41 AM
There is an old trick, and Mike Knows it! I have seen Mike make the 9 on the break a lot over the years, and he can call the shot. I could tell you the secret, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-18-2003, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote almer:</font><hr>....The format is rack your own balls and mr mike massey made the nine off the break 5 times against kim ga young,race to 11....<hr /></blockquote>

So how pissed off was Kim Ga Young? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
04-18-2003, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr> There is an old trick, and Mike Knows it! I have seen Mike make the 9 on the break a lot over the years, and he can call the shot. I could tell you the secret, but then I'd have to shoot you. <hr /></blockquote>I'm willing to take a bullet for the "secret". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
04-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Do yourself a favor and get Joe Tucker's "Racking Secrets" book.

It's the best $10 you'll ever spend.

Barbara~~~knows the "9-on-the-snap secret"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

almer
04-18-2003, 10:59 AM
I wonder what would happen if he made the 9 on the break 5 times on earl?I'm on my way to the oval for more team events ,the pros start today at 11 and i think the final 16 is filmed for tsn tv.We won our trip to vegas last sat now we play for cash,supposidly $50000.00,thats what the posters said all year.almer

DSAPOLIS
04-18-2003, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Do yourself a favor and get Joe Tucker's "Racking Secrets" book.

It's the best $10 you'll ever spend.

Barbara~~~knows the "9-on-the-snap secret"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The secret IS in that book. Just remember that I was not the one that told you.... Barabara spilled the beans

looking both ways, over both shoulders, and ducking bullets

CrispyFish
04-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey, sounds like a really useful book (I'm constantly amazed by my lackluster break). Where can I find it, though? Amazon appears to not have it in stock... :\

UWPoolGod
04-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Just did a search for it. Don't know if they still have it or not

http://www.roadplayer.com/JTProRackBook.asp

Todd

Barbara
04-18-2003, 02:40 PM
I did a Google search and found it at www.roadplayer.com (http://www.roadplayer.com)

Barbara

CrispyFish
04-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Thank you both! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-18-2003, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what would happen if he made the 9 on the break 5 times on earl? <hr /></blockquote> Earl would be so pissed off, that the TD would probably be asked to rack the rest of the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So how pissed off was Kim Ga Young? <hr /></blockquote> I never say your answer.

eg8r

eg8r
04-18-2003, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The secret IS in that book. Just remember that I was not the one that told you.... Barabara spilled the beans <hr /></blockquote> Maybe Barbara just likes to shoot people. LOL

eg8r

04-19-2003, 08:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> The first round of the Western Canadian 9 Ball Championship was played last night with the big upset being Earl Strickland losing his first match to Fabio Louison, I've never even heard of him before, does anybody got any info on this guy? All I know is that he is out of Pacific Avenue Billiards in Saskatoon Saskatchewen. <hr /></blockquote>

His name is actually Fabian or Fabien, not sure how he spells it, and I've known him pretty well for 5 or 6 years. I've only seen him play a few sets of 9-ball, but must have watched him play 100's of frames of Snooker. The guy was just an absolute monster shotmaker on a 6x12 and the most aggresive player I can remember ever seeing. If he was on his A game it wouldn't surprise me to hear he beat anyone. The way he plays(no fear of missing) he can totally steamroll anybody when he's really on. I know he's been playing 9-ball as his main game for somewhere around 4 years so he should have a good grasp of it. He finished 4th in the Canadian 9-balls sometime in the past couple years, not sure which year though.
I'll most likely see him at the Sask. Snooker Champ. at the end of May and try to get a first hand account of the match.

Good Show for the Big Man
Stauber

almer
04-19-2003, 11:27 AM
I think he won the open divison singles in edmonton in feb.Good shooter on bar boxes.

Irish
04-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah he won the open division 8-ball in the Western Canadians. Beat me 7-6 in a final 16 match and went on to win the next 3 matches single ellimination. From what I saw Fabian shoots better on the 9 foots then on bar boxes. His match against Earl he was on fire, he was firing balls in from everywhere and getting out on almost every table he got to. Earl on the other hand missed afew shots and was not breaking well at all. Earl sharked him once late in the set and got him to miss a 6 ball, after Earl got that game Fabian did not miss another ball.

snipershot
04-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the info, so Johnny Archer went on to win it, he beat my man Alex P /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well I can't wait for next year, this tournament was a huge success.