PDA

View Full Version : BCA Rolls Out a New Cue Ball!

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 08:10 AM
For your reading pleasures:

AZBilliards Press Releases (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=109)

Steve Lipsky
04-18-2003, 08:13 AM
I love it when companies reveal to you - with new products - that the old products sucked.

'Course, they never tell you that until the new product comes out. Until then, everything's peachy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
04-18-2003, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> I love it when companies reveal to you - with new products - that the old products sucked......<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And that was never more true than in this case.

If anybody finds out where these can be purchased please let me know.

Wally~~dreaming of a slow roll on a Valley barbox that goes straight. Sigh..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
04-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Bar table pool, yuk! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-18-2003, 08:55 AM
SPetty...I'm starting to understand why we could never seem to get any direct answers as to what the standards were for the nationals, be it the tables OR the cue balls. I know you were working for the exact setup for your room at home as Vegas, and I was also(when Vegas was in my plans) beating the bushes for a CB to exactly match those in Vegas, to get used to here at the Ponderosa in the months ahead of the nationals. So much for gettin' all geared up in advance with parallel equipment, huh...sid~~~happy that a consistent CB is in the works, but disappointed that the organization is helter skelter to public questions

Barbara
04-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Steve,

They had to do something to compete with the Diamond Smart tables.

At VF, there was only one complaint about one table and that got taken care of immediately. BTW, they're coming back to VF next year, too.

Barbara

Rich R.
04-18-2003, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> I love it when companies reveal to you - with new products - that the old products sucked.

'Course, they never tell you that until the new product comes out. Until then, everything's peachy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Steve, truer words have never been typed. They also apply to a lot more than cue balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rod
04-18-2003, 10:22 AM
0h a metal flake c/b! Wonder what happens if the flakes "settle"? If you spray a car metal flake the pot needs to be stirred once in a while. Does it bother anyone else besides me that they use the term layered, ie more than one part? LOL

90 percent of those old balls never run true especially as the ball slowed before it stopped. If it had speed,then no problem.Making a new ball only proves what I've said for many years, there out of balance. Of course they realized that a two years ago when they replaced near 40 balls in Vegas from complaints. Of course they replaced them with the same problem. LOL

Now the brilliant minds at BCA say they approve the new ball. I get a laugh sometimes, who wouldn't approve a ball that rolls fairly true compared to a lop sided egg. Of course the smart thing to do is use the smart system like Diamond. That way your working with a a c/b made of a consistant composition. Speculation of course but possibly the BCA wants to make or keep money "in house" dealing with Valley and the ball manufacturer. Why else would they not go with a proven system and an industry standard Red Circle cue ball? From my understanding they can buy the optical sensor from Diamond. But that would support Valleys competitor. It's all business as usual no doubt, it just seems to me the end user ( pool players ) have a somewhat tainted product to play with. Having said that as I mentioned before I'm fairly sure it should be an improvement. JMO

Rod

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> 90 percent of those old balls never run true especially as the ball slowed before it stopped. If it had speed,then no problem.Making a new ball only proves what I've said for many years, there out of balance. Of course they realized that a two years ago when they replaced near 40 balls in Vegas from complaints. Of course they replaced them with the same problem. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I can see it now. They're going to have to make cue cases that'll fit Sardo racks, cue balls, etc... to minimize complaints since we'll have our own equipment. LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
04-18-2003, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
....Speculation of course but possibly the BCA wants to make or keep money "in house" dealing with Valley and the ball manufacturer.....
<hr /></blockquote>

Naaah... ya think so? LOL

I'm sure their motives are strictly altruistic, allowing the pool players the unique and satisfying experience of playing on the Valley table as opposed to the inferior Diamond smart table /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Always follow the <font color="green">$$$$$$$$$$ </font color>to find the truth /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2003, 11:40 AM
If anybody finds out where these can be purchased please let me know. Thanks.

Rod
04-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Wally,
I wonder if you called a Valley distributor if they could tell you. Surely you have one in your area. They'll say what new c/b? LOL I imagine they will sell out the old stock first. There not going to get stuck with thousands of wobbley cue balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2003, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Wally,
I wonder if you called a Valley distributor if they could tell you. Surely you have one in your area. They'll say what new c/b? LOL

<font color="blue">Yep </font color>

I imagine they will sell out the old stock first. There not going to get stuck with thousands of wobbley cue balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The problem is they are replacing the 8-ball with this

http://www.aramith.com/visu/addon-crazy8low.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif