PDA

View Full Version : graphite cue repair

KevinT
04-18-2003, 11:09 AM
I have a graphite coated cue that has a few nicks and scrapes in the coating. I would like to repair it, and don't know what to use. If anyone has experience doing this, or knows what kind of product I should use, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!! Kevin

Nick B
04-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Live with the dings....or throw it away. That kind of shaft really can't be repaired. You can try...but you will
regret it.

Sorry for the bad news.

Nick /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UWPoolGod
04-18-2003, 11:15 AM
The first thing I would do is bend it over my knee, then spend the money on repairing it by buying a cheap two piece like a Dufferin.

Todd <--- has no idea how to fix nicks in graphite cues, just doesn't like them

Wally_in_Cincy
04-18-2003, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> The first thing I would do is bend it over my knee, then spend the money on repairing it by buying a cheap two piece like a Dufferin.

Todd &lt;--- has no idea how to fix nicks in graphite cues, just doesn't like them <hr /></blockquote>

Or better yet, carry it in your case for that time when you really have a need to smash a cue, as discussed in a previous thread /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
04-18-2003, 11:24 AM
I thought everyone knew what to do with old cues. You use them to support you car hood. LOL Actually I do cause I ain't paying the 40 bucks apeice they want for the hood supports. I'm rarely under there anyway so it works for me.

snipershot
04-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Sorry, I own a graphite cue of my own but have taken good care of it so this problem hasn't arised as of yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarolNYC
04-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Hi KevinT,
Theres a product caled MW-50 or Coverguard-like a paint spray-I use an eliminator breakcue(graphite)-go under search for graphite repair!
Hope that helps!
Carol:)