PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a "pool" movie

wolfdancer
04-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Just finished reading the thread from 11/02 "Do you want me to leave"..the most intertaining parts for me were the exchanges between Patrick and Rackmup. Think of the dialogues between Plato and a young Aristotle, or the more heated discussion between Karl Popper and Ludwig Wittgenstein (rumors abound of Wittgenstein threatening to pop Popper with a poker..maybe just bluffing), Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy...
The movie though would be more like the discussions between Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory "My Dinner With Andre".. two equally brilliant minds, from diferent dimensions, in a learned discourse, covering "virtually" everything about pool...hmmmm....or would it resemble the parody "My Dinner With Andre, the Giant"?

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Funny you should mention that. Last night during a tournament I help run, I was sitting with a friend and he and I started talking about movies that have been spoofs and parodies. He said that the problem with pool movies is that they always try to make them serious and that he would love to see a spoof movie on pool one day. I told him that I think it's impossible to spoof pool because the pool world is full of different characters. So bearing that in mind, I said that instead of spoofing one up, they can just make a reality show of it. Can you imagine the characters in it? LOL!

wolfdancer
04-18-2003, 02:25 PM
A pool "Caddyshack"..might be a good idea...
Wittgenstein, by the way is described as having an "unearthly, almost alien" personality...(Patrick?)

Rod
04-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Using the same story line, I'd make one that follows The Quick and The Dead.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-19-2003, 09:45 AM
I agree with Fred Agnir. The script is practically written already. It's called "McGoorty". But who should portray him? Jack Klugman would be good but he's too old.