PDA

View Full Version : Some Words of Encouragement

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 01:09 PM
A little thing I found while surfing the net:

"You are excellent at billiards. Your strategy is perfect. You naturally make the right moves. You excel at billiards, each time and every time. It is all so easy for you now. Anywhere, anyplace, each and every time. Your potential is unlimited. Success flows to you in great abundance. You are in control. Luck is always on your side. Your subconscious mind does all that is necessary and proper to achieve all of your goals now. Easily, effectively, efficiently, automatically, immediately".

04-18-2003, 02:54 PM
So you're taking pool tips from Jeane Dixon now? For sure, it's more likely that my stars are in line than my cb. Reminds me of a line from Shakespeare I was trying to use during some haggling at the pool hall yesterday. Had just won a set from a friend after giving him 2 games in a race to 5 plus choice of the 7 or 8.
The fault lies, dear xxxx, not in our spot, but in ourselves.

04-18-2003, 02:58 PM
... that we are underlings.

Jimmy Mendoza
04-18-2003, 03:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> A little thing I found while surfing the net:

"You are excellent at billiards. Your strategy is perfect. You naturally make the right moves. You excel at billiards, each time and every time. It is all so easy for you now. Anywhere, anyplace, each and every time. Your potential is unlimited. Success flows to you in great abundance. You are in control. Luck is always on your side. Your subconscious mind does all that is necessary and proper to achieve all of your goals now. Easily, effectively, efficiently, automatically, immediately".
<hr /></blockquote>

Strange, but I found this while surfing the net:

You can't play a lick. You can't spell pool. You have no talent. The pool room where you play should charge you extra to play there for the damage you inflict on the rails. You couldn't buy a roll. You can't beat Mary Poppins. You couldn't shoot your way out of a wet paper bag with an Uzi. Under the pressure, you fold like an accordion. You're so choked up you couldn't swallow a b-b. You'd be a better player if you quit. Pool isn't your game. In any given match, you're NOT the favorite. Your conscious mind is constantly blocking the ability of your subconscious mind to accomplish anything. For you, pool becomes difficult, straining, tough, impossible.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the same site you were looking at!

wolfdancer
04-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Good thing that you won, or the quote might have been "out, out, damn spot" W.Shakespeare...or, was that Bill Clinton??

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> You can't play a lick. You can't spell pool. You have no talent. The pool room where you play should charge you extra to play there for the damage you inflict on the rails. You couldn't buy a roll. You can't beat Mary Poppins. You couldn't shoot your way out of a wet paper bag with an Uzi. Under the pressure, you fold like an accordion. You're so choked up you couldn't swallow a b-b. You'd be a better player if you quit. Pool isn't your game. In any given match, you're NOT the favorite. Your conscious mind is constantly blocking the ability of your subconscious mind to accomplish anything. For you, pool becomes difficult, straining, tough, impossible.

Bahahahahaha! I don't think it's from the same site. Mine is an excerpt from one of those Mantra type books. Bahahahahaha!

04-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey, I shoulda used that line after I gave in to a lot of whining and gave him the 7 AND the 8 in the next set ...

04-18-2003, 03:48 PM
And like Bill, that spot screwed me big-time!

I could hear the pool gods giving me that mantra when I looked at the 6, 7, 8 and 9 out there:

You can't play a lick. If you don't run out, this turkey will luck one in again.

9 Ball Girl
04-18-2003, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote afternooncaddy:</font><hr> I could hear the pool gods giving me that mantra when I looked at the 6, 7, 8 and 9 out there:

You can't play a lick. If you don't run out, this turkey will luck one in again. <hr /></blockquote>

You know, I heard the same thing last night before I started running the tourney. I was playing this guy and I had to give him the 7 ball, if I safed him out, he would kick his way out and $hit the ball in! Damn 3C player!

CarolNYC
04-19-2003, 01:57 AM
Ah,ha ha ha ha,
Also:
Chalk your cue with BIH or you'll miscue!
Dont take easy shots for granted,they are the ones most missed!
Dont take anyone for granted,play them as if they are the best, cause anything can happen!
If you dont let them to the table,they cant win!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

wolfdancer
04-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Here's some really encouraging news, esp with your technical background. If you're frustrated because you can't get on the 'net with your old Commodore 64, download this... http://dunkels.com/adam/contiki/index.html and with yer smart new RS-232 serial card, you'll soon be surfin' wit the rest of us, what ain't got no social life