PDA

View Full Version : The Super Sucker Model 670 by Sanitaire (long)

Barbara
04-19-2003, 02:16 PM
A while ago there was some discussion about vacuum cleaners and it got me thinking. The Bissell just wasn't cutting it anymore and with shedding season coming up and one cat that can't be brushed, I needed a new vacuum.

So I went to the local "Vac n Sew" store in town and asked the owner what he would recommend. I grew up with Hoovers but I knew there a lot more manufacturers out there now. I even knew that if you really wanted to blow some bucks and impress your friends, buy a Miele. So I was prepared to spend a few hundred. The owner walks me over to a row of vacuum cleaners made by Sanitaire. They all look like those old Hoovers. He turns over the one model to show me the brush and all and is explaining that everything is replaceable, even the beater bar brushes. It also has carpet height adjustment which is good. It's the Model 670 and has 840 horsepower, er watts - Tim Allen grunt here. He further explains to me that if anything breaks within the warranty period I have to take it to the regional distribution center which - how convient is this - is right here in his shop. I am sold.

So I walked out of the store with a Sanitaire Model 670 for $300 with a free bag of filter bags and a couple of free belts thrown in.

I get home and Pete puts it together for me in his shop. He always has to get his hands on my stuff before me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

A couple hours later I pick up all the cat toys off the living room and proceed to use my new vacuum.

Pete hears the vacuum get turned off so he decides to come inside and see how it worked. He finds me sitting in my chair and staring at the carpet. Actually, I was staring at the indentations in the carpet where the coffee table sits. Or rather, where the indentations SHOULD HAVE BEEN but for the fact that the vacuum cleaner sucked up the indented carpet. I have never witnessed this in my lifetime.

Pete is a man and does not notice this so after a minute's silence he asks, "So?".

"It sucks."

Now Pete is thinking that for $300 we're gonna have a little talk with Mr. Vac n Sew.

"It really, really sucks."

"Well let's take it back to the store then."

"No, you don't understand. It really, REALLY sucks. It sucked up the carpet where the coffee table used to be. Whoa."

So Pete is pleased I have a nice toy that really works and hence the name, "The Super Sucker".

So today I am cleaning the upstairs (who's the idiot that insisted on white carpetting?? uh, right, that was me. doh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) and I bring the Super Sucker upstairs. It sucked up schtuff that I thought were actually little stains in the carpet because the Bissell was so lame.

Whoa.

Barbara~~~bring on the shedding season, I'm ready!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
04-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Barb, I think that name is taken...it's a carpet and upholstery steam cleaner...you gonna get into the underground vacuum cleaner races witcher new toy? Remember "the bond between a woman and her vacuum..it's pretty special" Isn't that the lamest commercial??

TomBrooklyn
04-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Get a new vacuum! Everybody's doing it!

Candyman
04-19-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm gettin' me one.

Barbara
04-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Actually, I don't remember those commercials. But then again, Wally's "First Concert" thread is reminding me how much I don't remember about a lot of stuff! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And I don't care if the name's already taken, it's what I'm calling my new toy and that's that!

Is this a "slow day" for you, jd? Or is it raining and you can't get to the golf course?

Barbara

wolfdancer
04-19-2003, 03:42 PM
That commercial has been airing recently...it's a tossup between that and the "Yea, they're thick" DQ one, which one is the worst. However my vote is for the vac. one, Since the woman looks almost orgastic, as she spiels the machine <warning..don't get that attached to yours> Golf on the weekends is for the plebeians, too crowded, and costs too much (awright, i can't afford it)
I'm disappointed that everyone here is lining up, for an "illegal" download of Poolhall junkies..not fair to the producers ...maybe though it's legal????
I've got high ceilings in my apt..and enough room to swing my clubs to keep in shape...so far the only casualties..an almost hole in the carpet (I'm sure the landlord will understand), and one VCR, that just happened to get in the way of what I'm sure would have been a 300 yd drive swing...they just don't build those units to last