PDA

View Full Version : Poolhall Junkies- Email me and I will send to you!

BrakenRun
04-19-2003, 05:03 PM
I hope some of you had luck with my file on Kazaa. If not, if you fellow pool fans will give me your email, I will send the files to you. Please try to get them to me fairly fast so I can send all of them out at one time instead of multiple times. Hope this will help. Kevin (Brakenrun)

BrakenRun
04-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Oooooops! Didn't list my email. My email is
kclanton@lcisp.com /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Photoguy
04-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Am I missing something here? Once again, pool players are not supporting their own industry. Most room owners will tell you that the hardcore pool players spend very little on food or drink, want free table time to practice and when they are out of the money at tournaments, they just leave . . . Sure, the movie is hard to find at the moment,but it will eventually be available. Wouldn't it be better for our industry in the long run if we all paid to see this movie rather than steal a copy? Now please correct me if I am wrong since I don't download music or video from the internet, but are you paying the makers of Poolhall Junkies anything to get your copy? If not, it sounds like stealing to me.

BrakenRun
04-19-2003, 07:24 PM
OK, your right, nevermind.

AzHousePro
04-19-2003, 07:38 PM
I suspect that the majority of the people on this forum have either already seen the movie in the theatre, or it is not available in the location that they live in.

I don't think they want to steal anything from the people making the movie. They just don't have the patience to wait for it to come to their location. (If it comes to their location)

Mike

TomBrooklyn
04-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Since this movie is probably in the red already, it would be nice gesture for those that want to own it to buy a copy. Often future movie ideas are evaluated based on the success of similar ideas from the past. The less money POOL HALL JUNKIES makes, the less likely a producer will be willing to invest in a movie on the same subject in the future.

Popcorn
04-19-2003, 08:18 PM
I guess you can rationalize anything can't you. It is stealing and cheating the makers of the movie, at least be honest about it.

BrakenRun
04-19-2003, 08:28 PM
OK, I apologise to everybody that was offended. The movie has not and will not show in my area and will not show in most areas. Tried to buy the dvd but can't. I will buy it when it is available. Just like I own the other pool movies. Good News!!! I did not send the file out by email and will not send it out by Kazaa either. Sorry once again. Brake /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

q4summit
04-19-2003, 08:46 PM
I think you need to address if it is "right" or "wrong" to have a free copy of any mp3 or movie. My opinion is: YES, its perfectly fine. I can back it up with an example that will make anyone that says, "No! it is wrong!".

Have you ever owned a book you loved more than anything? Let's say its your favorite book in the world. No book was better written and full filled what you wanted to get out of a book.

How many times have you recommended it to someone and even perhaps let them have it or borrow it? TONS. I know that when I finished the hobbit I gave it to my brother and he gave it to his friends, ect. Same thing when I read the Vampire Chronicles.

Yet, no one complains about the royalty rights of these authors? Do they not lose money for every time you share the book with someone who hasn't read it? Yes. Do you care? No.

How does this relate back to Poolhall Junkies?

A) if more people can see it for free, NOW, that's all the more people that will start to play pool, NOW.

B) I know you've shared books with others, don't be a hipocrit with a double standard. No one wants double standards.

C) Obviously Gold Circle doesn't have a clue how to advertise and market their product. If they had, the movie would have been released a month ago nation wide in multiple theaters in every city. But they didn't. My opinon is: your loss, i'll now get enjoyment out of seeing it for free and allowing those I know to see it for free. If they did their job, would be no need to beg to find it on an FTP.

I hope some of you think about this, do not thrash it but truly think. How can I, as a person, be against sharing and trading something that someone else has created without them getting profit for their creation, if I do it every day through many multimedias.

Marc

BrakenRun
04-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks Marc, well put! I was just trying to do what I would like someone else to do for me. I would greatly appreciate the same treatment from another fellow pool player. Glad to see that you saw my side of this deal. Thanks for listening! Kevin (Brakenrun)

thepoolnerd
04-19-2003, 10:55 PM
I do understand both sides of this argument, and I am not venting towards those opposed to file sharing. I do not see anything wrong with folks like myself wanting to take a "sneak peek" at it 14 months after it's original scheduled release date. According to Pool and Billiards Magazine, it was to be released nationwide in Feb 2002. The date came and went with no word about what happened or no amended timetable was given. A year passed and and the release date was changed to March 21 of 2003. That date came and went as well. It was not shown in any theaters within 150 miles of where I live. In my case, it will cost the movie producers nothing because after waiting patiently for 15 months I will still faithfully buy a copy assuming that it will be available, although with the past history of this movies release dates I canít see myself camping out at Blockbuster the night before itís next promised release date. With all of these unexplained delays, I would think that the last of this movie producersí worries would be a little file sharing. Since I will buy a copy of every pool movie that comes out, I do not feel like getting this movie online before it is available is cheating the producers. I do wonder if the producers feel like these unexplained delays are cheating the folks that have waited patiently for 15 months for a chance to shell out money to see it. I will bet even money that the video store release dates are delayed as well. If the producers are hoping to release a movie that would have an affect on the pool industry like the Hustler and TCOM had, they should've taken it a bit more seriously.

AzHousePro
04-19-2003, 10:57 PM
What is it cheating the makers of the movie out of? If the movie is not available in someone's town, and they download it off the net to watch until it does become available in their town, who got cheated?

Now if they download the movie instead of going to the theater to watch it, and they would have gone to the theater if they hadn't downloaded it, then they are cheating the movie company.

Mike

Popcorn
04-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Your argument is so weak I am not even going to respond to it. If you can't see the difference that is your problem.

AzHousePro
04-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Not my problem. I have no problem with it at all. I have a review copy.

Mike

q4summit
04-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Before I delve deeper into the "stealing" of files, who are you addressing popcorn?

Marc

sack316
04-20-2003, 01:33 AM
just to throw another example out there, how many times have people posted on here something from an article from a billiard magazine. Are those who read it stealing because they did not go buy the magazine?
The closest place to me showing the movie is 3 hours away. I downlaod it because I want to see it. I also have already ordered the DVD from overseas, and most people will also buy the movie because they likely would not want to watch a movie over and over on their computer. Just my quick thoughts.I say share away. people not seeing the movie at all hurts the industry more than a few people downloading it for free.

snook
04-20-2003, 10:18 AM
mymidgetsownyou@joink.com if somebody would send it i would be in heaven, theres no pool halls for half an hour around here and my local(and only) movie rental(no theater here) doesnt even have the hustler to rent so i have yet to see it. those of you who "hang" with the pros and go to tourneys dont forget how truly lucky you are, i would do anything to be able to watch pros in person and to play different pool halls all the time but right now theres only two placed i play, my house or the legion. so i will probably never see the movie poolhall junkies unless somebody were to send it to me

ok, im done now, thanks

Drake
04-20-2003, 10:57 AM
I can understand the argument that it could affect sales to the average consumer. BUT, I know I will buy the movie after seeing it on my computer or the big screen. Being free on the net will not have any affect on any true pool enthusiast.

04-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Damm, what a bunch of *******holes. The bottom line is that 99% of the people that download this video will for certain buy it as soon as they can. Not only will they buy it, but they will pay the standard $24.99 for new released version instead of waiting 2 weeks to get it for $14.99.

Anyone that would spend the amount of time everyone is spending even talking about this, should prove the point.