PDA

View Full Version : On BD May 2003

nAz
04-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Two things...
1. I really enjoyed the step by step guide on breaking by Bustamante the photos are really helpful and I think I may try to incorporate some of his breaking technique into my already formidable break,it can only make it stronger.

I hope to see BD put out more Tip articles in this format using a known pro player with detail photos.

2. Has anyone read the Wingshot article on a off Broadway play about the rivalry between Mosconi and Minnesota Fats? It may be titled " Minnesota Fats is right around the corner" to quote the article "Its not really about him (Mosconi) its about a father-son relationship and the idea of style over substance - about how Fats had a Zen-like quality about him and people loved him, and how Mosconi tried to be the Joe Dimaggio of pool"
I really hope this gets to theater I would love to see this.

04-21-2003, 12:26 AM
I like the idea of a play based even in a small way on Pool.
I wonder does anyone know if there has ever been a play about pool?

AX

HalSmith
04-21-2003, 04:16 AM
In your post you talk of Fats having a Zen like quality and everyone loved him. I don't think, and its just my opinion , that you would find a hand full of players who loved Fats. He was the biggest sharker to ever stand at a table. He got beat so many times it wasn't funny. He was a good gambler because of the way he sharked a person, so much of his success was made up by himself.---Smitty