PDA

View Full Version : estimate cue value....?

04-19-2003, 05:52 PM
I posted earlier asking about a hagar cue that I've never heard of before... I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea as to its value.. I can post some pics if needed, but I wont waste the time if this post gets no response...
A brief description:

i'll start off by stating that i have no idea what kind of wood is in this cue.. the inlay looks to be some kind of burl, the rest of the cue is dark brown w/straight & even grain.. there are a total of 12 ivory inlays,
4 are tiny circles at the tips of the 4 points,
4 are medium sized diamonds within the points, and
4 are at the butt end, arrow shaped & large.
the joint is ivory, w/delicate wood inlay ringwork
the buttplate is ivory, "HC" inscribed
this cue appears to be old, as the lacquer is very yellow..
2 shafts w/new mooris, the guy selling it is asking for $900, says he paid $2,000 6 years ago..
The cue hits great & is very well balanced..
I was told it was made by hagar cues out of chicago.

Any ideas...? thanks for any help you can give...

HR

smfsrca
04-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Are you sure it is not a Hunter Classic cue.
http://www.hunterclassics.com/mat.html

04-20-2003, 02:12 AM
It could be, but the logo is different, and the guy I picked it up from said the maker was based out of Chicago. It is a pretty old cue, so I'm assuming the maker is no longer in business. Thanks.

HR

Zims_Rack
04-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a pretty detailed cue. I have a friend who does appraisals, do you have a photo you can send me? Email me directly at michael@zimsrack.com if you have any photos. I can get a pretty close estimate of the value and origin of the cue. Thanks...Zim

Ralph S.
04-20-2003, 03:10 PM
I looked in my bluebook and found no mentioning of Hagar Cues. There is however a Hagan Cues out of AZ. Maybe this might be your cue?

04-20-2003, 03:18 PM
That could be it.. B. Mordt of azbilliards told me that it was made by Hager cues in AZ, and the description of Hager's styles & preferences he gave matched the cue I'm wondering about..

Anyhow, I still would like to get some input on what the cue is worth, so if there are any experts out there, I would appreciate the help.

thanks,
HR