PDA

View Full Version : jimmy reid

shoot2thrill
04-20-2003, 08:06 PM
hello all
new to the group. I am going to see jimmy reid this week. I was wondering if anyone knew him what type of guy he is he seems like a real kool cat to play pool with. he is a player I've always wanted to play like and I finially get to meet him . but all I know is a few old stories I've read on the net and watched on video. I've been reading some of you guys posts for a while now and some of you guys have been playing pool for a good long while. so lets have it give me some good pool hall dirt
shoot2thrill

Popcorn
04-20-2003, 08:30 PM
I have known him for thirty years, and played him lots of times. He is a nice guy, you will like him. Listen to what he tells you, I have seen him teach and he knows what he is doing. I guarantee you will enjoy it.

BillyRinNC
04-20-2003, 08:40 PM
When you meet him he will talk your ears off and tell you anything you want to know. He is very interesting to listen to and he has many gambling stories. We talked at the US open for over an hour. He also has audio and vidio tapes in his car.
BR in NC

DSAPOLIS
04-21-2003, 03:04 AM
I hear that he and Luis Viera are old friends.

Sally
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Jimmy is one of the coolest players out there. He loves to talk, and he LOVES the game. He is also exceptionally knowledgeable. He is friendly, fun, and a really nice guy.

Kevin Whitt
04-22-2003, 02:32 AM
Do you know exactly transpired to make Jimmy and Luis Viera fight? I know they got into a pretty heated fight, just never heard any details.

Tommy_Davidson
04-22-2003, 04:06 PM
> The fistfight took place at the U.S. Open several years ago,and it was CARLOS Viera,not Luis. Something took place during the match,and the fight took place outside in the parking lot supposedly. There is a super funny but kind of risque story about Jimmy in The Green Felt Jungle. Tommy D.