PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Cup Teams Announced:New Players

koreandragon
04-21-2003, 12:46 AM
Patriot Cup Teams Announced
Official teams have been announced for the 2003 Software Techniques Patriot Cup which will take place on June 13th - 15th at Planet 9-Ball in Tampa, Florida.

The North team, which will be sponsored by Fury Cues, will consist of
Corey Deuel
Mika Immonen
Rodney Morris
Allen Hopkins
Tony Robles

The South Team, sponsored by Lucasi Cues, will consist of
Buddy Hall
Johnny Archer
Nick Varner
Charlie Williams
Tommy Kennedy

The teams will be competing in several disciplines including 9-ball, 8-ball, bank pool, one pocket, break contest, straight pool, 10-ball,scotch doubles 2-on-2, & a special 5-on-5 scotch doubles match up!

Gabriels is the Official Table of the 2003 Patriot Cup and Gorina is the Official Cloth. AzBilliards.com has been chosen as the official website of the tournament and we will have complete coverage as the event draws closer.

For a view of the full page color ad, goto http://playapa.com/pc23.jpg

For ticket info call 813-891-1450 or e-mail at patriotcup@yahoo.com

Popcorn
04-21-2003, 07:30 AM
This sounds like a real show you are putting on there. I am close enough I will defiantly be there. I think anybody that lives within a few hours drive should try to catch some of it if they can. Do you have plans to try to do more of these in different parts of the country? Any other CCBers planing on being there?

Kato
04-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Popcorn, I talked to 9-ball girl Friday night, she told me she'd be there. I'll try to get up there for the weekend. I'm about 4 hours away or so but it would be fun. I'd also like to meet you so if you're a definite I'll make the run.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm only a 3.5 hour flight away, so yeah, I'll be there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'd love to see Kato again and Popcorn, if you're going to go, I'd like to meet you too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't know where we'll be staying at yet but I'll be around Thursday, 6/12 and leaving Monday, 6/16. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

snipershot
04-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Sounds like an awesome event, the lineup of players is mighty impressive as well and the poster looks great, I wished I could go.

Vagabond
04-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Howdy Folks,
My buddy Buddy Hall is not born in the south.I do not know where Tommy Kennedy was born. The team is not a true representation of the South.With out the true Southern blood( Earl, Reed pearce,Michael Coletrain)I am not optimistic about the performance of the south in this tournament.I do not like Yanks to win but unfortunately they are going to win.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
04-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Howdy 9 Ball girl,
look for a guy in DICKIES(a wall mart brand of BIBS) and Sh$t kickers ,waving confederate flag.love to have a shot of Jack Daniels with u. Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey Vaga, I'll be the chick with the tats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, the South won last year, remember?

Wendy~~looking forward to the Jack Daniels! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ted harris
04-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Charlie,
Looks like you guys have assembled quite a selection of players. I wish I could get down there to see it this time. You are going to love the Gabriels tables. Is it the Vector? Last week, I put my first Gabriels Vector together. WOW! What a table! Weighs about 2000 lbs, requires no shims, and uses span bridge technology to keep the table from sagging in the middle. The slates are shimmed with adjustable bolts if needed. From the time we got the slate on the frame, it only took about 20 minutes to bolt it down, level it, and shim it. The table also has nothing screwed into wood. All machine screws and nuts and bolts. Not to mention 1.2" slate and a 5/16 I-beam steel frame, and wood rails are impregnated and laminated. Also can be leveled by one person. Beautiful table! I don't think I will ever own anything else. Best engineered table by a mile! No contest!
Good luck with the tournament!
You guys are going to love playing on it. Are the pockets going to be 4.5 or 5"?

CarolNYC
04-22-2003, 04:10 AM
Wendy,
Its not Walmart brand-its CLEARANCE!ha ha-have a good time!
Carol~singing "mission impossible theme!"

CarolNYC
04-22-2003, 04:13 AM
Hey Charlie,
AWESOME! Good luck to all these gentlemen!
Carol~"Good Gracious,teams are Bodacious!"
sorry-misspelled "awesome!":):):)

04-22-2003, 04:48 AM
This may be a little off subject, but Dickies aren't a Wal-mart brand (although they sell them). Dickeys have been around for at least 50 years. And YES! I wear them.

BTW. Isn't Rodney "The Rocket" Morris from Hawaii? And he's playing on the North Team? LOL

Rich R.
04-22-2003, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shoop:</font><hr> BTW. Isn't Rodney "The Rocket" Morris from Hawaii? And he's playing on the North Team? LOL <hr /></blockquote>
Rodney must be from the north shore of Hawaii. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm assuming that it's going by where these guys currently reside. I mean, Mika is from Finland but he lives in NY.

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Carol, I sure wish you were going. It's always nice to be hahaha-ing with you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Marra
04-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Ted, thank you for your positive comments. Joe Marra/Excel Billiards

CarolNYC
04-23-2003, 03:47 AM
Hey shoop,
I've met Vagabond and he is,as he says, a real redneck!Wendy will be quite surprised-
Yes, Morris is from Hawaii,but I believe he's somewhere here for now!:):):)
Carol

CarolNYC
04-23-2003, 03:51 AM
Hey Wendy,
The 9th step of Happiness-
"Remember to keep a sense of humor about things!"
Ha ha ha ha ha-but then again, I find no humor missing BIH!ha ha ha ha
Carol~travel safely!Have fun!

koreandragon
04-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Software Techniques Patriot Cup Ticket Prices are:

VIP Seats(about 75 available)

$85 5 Sessions(includes Charity event)
$37 One Day Ticket (2 Sessions)
$20 One Session

General Admission will be $10 per session

call 813-891-1450 for more info

jjinfla
04-23-2003, 03:38 PM
I got two of the best seats in the house for the saturday session. It starts at noon. One hour break at 5. Non stop action for 10 hours. And I get to see Hopkins, Deuel, and Morris up close. Real close. Probably closer than I want to be. LOL I am ready. Now I have to find someone to babysit my dog. Jake~~~I wonder if I can buy a ticket for my dog?

9 Ball Girl
04-23-2003, 07:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I got two of the best seats in the house for the saturday session. It starts at noon. One hour break at 5. Non stop action for 10 hours. And I get to see Hopkins, Deuel, and Morris up close. Real close. Probably closer than I want to be. LOL I am ready. Now I have to find someone to babysit my dog. Jake~~~I wonder if I can buy a ticket for my dog? <hr /></blockquote>

Hey! You're going to get to see the 9 Ball Girl, Kato, and Popcorn close too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
04-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Howdy Mr.Shoop,
Thanks for pointing out my mistake.I should have phrased it differently.WallMart is one of the places where Dickies are sold.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

CarolNYC
04-24-2003, 03:34 AM
Tap,Tap,Tapping!
Carol~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
04-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Outstanding Jake,
Who's better than you? Have fun!
Take care!
Carol:)

jjinfla
04-24-2003, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey! You're going to get to see the 9 Ball Girl, Kato, and Popcorn close too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

does that mean that I will be able to see your ... tats too? Life is getting better every day.

9 Ball Girl
04-24-2003, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey! You're going to get to see the 9 Ball Girl, Kato, and Popcorn close up too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

does that mean that I will be able to see your ... tats too? Life is getting better every day. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
04-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Jake, you are a lucky man. I wish I could make it this year but I will miss is.

eg8r

Vagabond
04-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Howdy carol,
9 Ball girl did not express any interest for a get together for a shot jack daniels.May be she does not wantto hang around a person who is waving a CONFEDERATE FLAG.I changed my mind and I may not be going to Tampa.Y`all have fun.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-25-2003, 03:55 AM
Howdy Vagabond,
Or should I say YO,YAU,YO-GEE!:)
Nah, your preference makes no difference-(I didnt mind having dinner with you wearing your confederate bandana!:)We're from NY-cm'on now!-Im sure if you decide to go and 9-ball girl is there,she'll have no problem saying hello-maybe Jack wasn't the THING! How about that Southern fried chicken?Sorry about the "catfish",but, had one as a pet and just COULDNT eat it!:):):)If your lifestyle allows you and you do decide to go,I know you'll have a good time!
Peace!
Carol:):):)~just think,great pool,nice weather,hmmmmmmmmmm!

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2003, 08:11 AM
Um, Vaga, helloooooo? Did you miss the last sentence of my first post to you:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl on 4-21-03, 10:38PM:</font><hr>Wendy~~looking forward to the Jack Daniels! <hr /></blockquote>
And honey, forget the Dickies! You can come dressed only in the Confederate Flag. I'd still have a shot of JD with you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wendy~~I can see it now, http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1043973227.gif

CarolNYC
04-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Whoop,there it is Vagabond,
Hope you go!
Carol~pictures Vagabond wearing Confederate "toga!":):):)