PDA

View Full Version : New English Pool Movie !

bigbro6060
04-22-2003, 07:37 PM
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/p/poolhallprophets.shtm

Stars Freddie Prinze jr (yuck!) and Vinnie Jones (he rocks from Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels)

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Bah! I just read up on it and I'm not impressed. It looks like it's going to be another "serious" pool flick. Nonetheless, if and when it comes out, I will go see it. It is a pool movie after all.

I still think they need to lighten up and perhaps make a pool flick that's a little more lighthearted. I mean, I know that as poolplayers we are an intense people, but for God's sake, we know how to have fun too!

Ok, who'd like to pool some $$$ with me so that we can make a flick and take it to the Sundance Film Festival? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wendy~~~a girl can dream... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

UWPoolGod
04-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah could you imagine a loud obnoxious funny guy like Chris Farley...who "lives in a van...down behind the pool room"

Gotta add him to the movie

JoePickens
04-22-2003, 10:00 PM
That would be great! The only problem is he died in 1997.

9 Ball Girl
04-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Even better! We could use Jack Black of Shallow Hal!

Photoguy
04-23-2003, 09:55 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the guy to make that lighthearted pool flick would be Ron Sheldon . . . He wrote, directed Bull Durham, White Men Can't Jump and Tin Cup. All lighthearted and very entertaining movies with a sports theme.

pooltchr
04-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Great idea, Wendy. We could call it "My great big fat greek pool hall". Should make a fortune!

cycopath
05-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Great, another pool movie that will take forever to get released, only to be seen in a few select cities before it dies. And I'll wind up buying an overseas copy that will only play on my computer for $40.

On second thought.
Maybe if Prinze Jr. is in it, it'll get released a bit faster as the studio would see it as a quick sell to the public.

Irish
05-01-2003, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr> I've said it before and I'll say it again, the guy to make that lighthearted pool flick would be Ron Sheldon . . . He wrote, directed Bull Durham, White Men Can't Jump and Tin Cup. All lighthearted and very entertaining movies with a sports theme. <hr /></blockquote>

Now THAT would get me excited. I agree that he could make a great pool flick.

Predator314
05-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I would like to see more of a documentary style flick where the camera follows the every day life of a Pro, up &amp; coming pro, and a road player.