PDA

View Full Version : Worst song ever

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2003, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> ....these other timeless forgettable classics like Afternoon Delight by The Starland Vocal Band, Magnet and Steel by Walter Egan, Wildfire by Michael Murphy, I Go Crazy by Paul Davis,
Stars on 45. <hr /></blockquote>

OK time for a new thread.

What's the worst song ever?

dg got us off to a good start here, although I like Magnet and Steel for some reason. I like ABBA too although I can't make that backward "B" on my keyboard.

Off the top of my head:

"Havin' my Baby" by Paul Anka
"Gimme dat Ding" by the Pipkins
"Swingtown" by Steve Miller

There's a whole sub-genre of songs where the girl dies:
"Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro
"Patches" by ???
"Last Kiss" (recently re-done horribly by Pearl Jam)

More to come.....

Fred Agnir
04-23-2003, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> "Patches" by ???<hr /></blockquote>... the same guy that did "Strokin'" ... Clarence Carter.

Fred

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2003, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>... the same guy that did "Strokin'" ... Clarence Carter.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Actually I was thinking of this one

<font color="blue">DICKEY LEE
Pop-country singer. One of a number of pop singers from around the late 1950s-early1960s specializing in teenage death songs. Best known songs include "Patches" (1962), "I Saw Linda Yesterday" (1963), and "Laurie (Strange Things Happen)" (1965).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
</font color>

Where the guy walks the girl home and later he takes her sweater back to her house and her dad answers the door and says she's been dead for 5 years /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
04-23-2003, 08:30 AM
I think it would have to be "We Can Dance If We Want To" by Men Without Hats. But wait, there's more. It's a tie. Any song by the bands Omen, Celtic Frost, Death, and all the other death metal bands I hate. I also dislike all songs by King Diamond though I liked Mercyful Fate. I also think EVERY SONG EVER WRITTEN BY MICHEAL BOLTON IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Kato~~~has lots of likes, has lots of dislikes.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Solla Sollew?

Never read that one.

Adios from Hamiltucky, where we do not eat green eggs and ham. Just country ham.

9 Ball Girl
04-23-2003, 09:01 AM
I absolutely hate Father Christmas by Ray Davis' disgruntled bro.

Kato
04-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Dr. Suess Wally, Dr. Suess. My collection of books is vast and getting more vaster.

Kato

eg8r
04-23-2003, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also think EVERY SONG EVER WRITTEN BY MICHEAL BOLTON IS TERRIBLE!!!!!! <hr /></blockquote> I did not know that Michael Bolton performed any orginal stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
04-23-2003, 09:56 AM
I have no idea. He's horrible. If he sings it I'm gone.

Kato

Fran Crimi
04-23-2003, 10:37 AM
"Feelings"

Yikes.

"Feeeeeeeelings....whoa whoa whoa feeeeeelings....

So many couples used that as their wedding song which totally cracks me up because there's a line in there that goes, "I wish I never met you girl."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifFran

nAz
04-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Some song that keeps repeating BYE BYE, and is by one of the boy bands, maybe 'n Sync. This may honestly be the worst song ever and I cannot understand how radio stations play this Sh!t.

SpiderMan
04-23-2003, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
"Patches" by ???
<hr /></blockquote>

Clarence Carter? That song wasn't bad enough to lump in with "Having my Baby", no way.

SpiderMan

Rich R.
04-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Fran, a more popular wedding song is "Yesterday".
Although it is not a bad song, the lyrics are not what a couple should be dancing to at their wedding.

"Yesterday, all my troubles were so far away. Now they're here to stay." /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Or maybe they should???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MikeM
04-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You", whether performed by Whitney Houston or anyone else. I HATE that song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Alternately any song that plants itself in my head right before I go to bed and won't let me sleep. Last night it was The Ohio Players and "Love Rollercoaster." That Rollercoaster kept running through my head for hours - "SAY WHAT?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MM...tired today.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2003, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Some song that keeps repeating BYE BYE, and is by one of the boy bands, maybe 'n Sync. This may honestly be the worst song ever and I cannot understand how radio stations play this Sh!t. <hr /></blockquote>

OK nAz dude, I found 'em for 'ya

<font color="red">Bye Bye
Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie,
Baby, bye, bye, bye...
Bye Bye
Don't really wanna make it tough,
I just wanna tell you that I had enough.
It might sound crazy,
But it ain't no lie,
Baby, bye, bye, bye
</font color>

Now that song is gonna be in your head all day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're welcome /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2003, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr>
....Last night it was The Ohio Players and "Love Rollercoaster." That Rollercoaster kept running through my head for hours - "SAY WHAT?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MM...tired today. <hr /></blockquote>

Re-done quite well by the Chili Peppers for the Beavis and Butthead movie.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-23-2003, 12:28 PM
ugh... Barry Manalow.. Copacabana.. crazy tune..

Fred Agnir
04-23-2003, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I think it would have to be "We Can Dance If We Want To" by Men Without Hats. <hr /></blockquote>

Some of the "worst songs" are just so catchy:

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight
Wango de Tango
PoP Muzik
Karma Chameleon
Billy Don't Be a Hero
Saturday Night (Bay City Rollers)
The Macarena
Say, Say, Say
She-bop (Cindi, I'm a fan, but a masturbation song belongs on Prince's list)
Because I Got High (Okay, I like this one)
Anything by Brittany Spears?

Fred &lt;~~~ avid listener of fairly bad songs

Rod
04-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Some are just terrible, this could be a long list Wally.
I'll just add one that comes immidately to mind.

Dead Man's Curve, by Jan and Dean

Rod

Kato
04-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Sorry Fred, that song is "Safety Dance". Sucks anyway. Also on my "this completely sucks" list

Boy George
Britney
Every Single Boy Band Ever and that includes Bel Biv DeVo

Kato~~~still hatin' more stuff but can't get Karma Chameleon out of my freakin' head.

Fred Agnir
04-23-2003, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Every Single Boy Band Ever <hr /></blockquote>
Even "The New Backstreet Kidz to Men on the Sync"?

Fred &lt;~~~ Pass the Dutchie

stickman
04-23-2003, 02:54 PM
They're coming to take me away - Dr. Demento

Anything by the Dippy Dixie Chicks HaHaHa /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://www.treefort.org/~rgrogan/web/a-flag.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Wally - "Last Kiss" was originally done by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers. I liked some of Melanies songs like "Lay Down" and "Candle in the Wind" but when she did "Brand New Key" I almost puked. I am and always shall be a Beatles fan but McCartney did a few stinkers like "Let'em In", "Silly Love Songs", "Ebony and Ivory", and that one with Michael Jackson. Listed below are more bad songs. Have fun getting these out of your head.

Clint Holmes - Playground in My Mind
Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
Redbone - Witch Queen of New Orleans
Dave Loggins - Please Come to Boston
Albert Hammond - I'm a Train
Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Yoko Ono - Anything she ever recorded
Anything from Wham

I have to put on my thinking tuke aand try to remember some more.

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Life Goes On

Rod
04-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Jim, yes that one has a place on the upper half of the list.

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Fran - I agree with "Feelings". How about the other song used by everyone "The Wedding Song(There is Love) by Paul Stookey of Peter Paul, and Mary? These two plus The Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun" are the most popular, unfortunately.

SpiderMan
04-23-2003, 04:57 PM
The first time someone played this on the jukebox at my PH, I just looked up in amazement. "I Wanna F*ck a Dog in the As*", by Blink 182.

SpiderMan

nAz
04-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Spidey thats a hit song, as a matter of fact it made them famous /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
04-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Ugh. That's right. Actually Karen Carpenter had an amazing voice. Perfect pitch. I would have loved to see her do different stuff.

How about Olivia Newton John's "I honestly love you." Another wedding song that'll put you to sleep.

Fran

Fran Crimi
04-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Ha! What were these people thinking when they picked these songs??

I mean...where's their sense of humor? How about something like "Hey Big Spender." Might as well lay it on the line. LOL

Fran

Fran Crimi
04-23-2003, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> They're coming to take me away - Dr. Demento
<hr /></blockquote>

Haha! Good one, Jim. Another one around that time which was that take-off on Rudy Valley was "Winchester Cathedral."

Fran ~~ Oh doe dee oh doe

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Here's a few more to add to the list.

Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
Bobby McFerrin-Don't Worry,Be Happy
Beach Boys - Kokomo
Jim Stafford - My Girl Bill
Jim Stafford - Spiders and Snakes
? - Electric Slide
Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue

...Just Dropped in to see what condition my condition was in...

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Fran- to think some record guy got paid for picking these songs as hits. He must have been high. How about the kings of the perfect smile - The Osmonds with Donny as the all american boy. Jackson Five ranks right there as well. Although I hate Michael Jackson - I loved his song "Ben" and the video for "Thriller"

CarolNYC
04-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Fran,
Im cracking up-just heard that in the "Dentist" chair!And there STILL playing it at weddings,ha ha ha-
I dont know who wrote this song,but this,I think, was the worst and it started like:
"Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting"
Carol~Whoa,whoa,whoa...........ha ha ha!

Kato
04-24-2003, 06:17 AM
Come on Stick. That song rules. Hehe Haha, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.LOL

Kato

Kato
04-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Kung Foo Fighting is KC and The Sunshine Band

Kato~~~kinda likes old KC

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Some are just terrible, this could be a long list Wally.
I'll just add one that comes immidately to mind.

Dead Man's Curve, by Jan and Dean

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Rod,

There's a whole genre of "teenage death songs" from the early 60's. I'll issue a report when I get time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

Karma Chameleon

<font color="blue">Good song, disturbing video /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

She-bop (Cindi, I'm a fan, but a masturbation song belongs on Prince's list)

<font color="blue">The subject was taken to it's ultimate conclusion with Divinyls "I Touch Myself" </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

And let's not forget "Timothy" by The Buoys, the only top 40 song ever about cannibalism /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MikeM
04-24-2003, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kung Foo Fighting is KC and The Sunshine Band

Kato~~~kinda likes old KC <hr /></blockquote>

I kinda like old KC too, but it was Carl Douglas who did Kung Fu Fighting. He also has the distinction of being the first Jamaican born artist to top the US Charts - NOT Marley. What a crime.

MM

Ralph S.
04-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Okay, I can AGREE with the majority of the picks on here, particularly the wedding tunes, but there are a couple of really cool tunes that actually influenced music from decade to decade or generation to generation. Wally, how can ya dis Steve Miller band like that that? LOL. Electric Ave. by Eddie Grant is cool too.

Some really bad songs, what about:
1&gt;Hey Mickey
2&gt;Video killed the radio star
3&gt;anything by Frank Zappa
4&gt;Hangin'Tough {New Kids}

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 08:53 AM
I'll admit to having a copy, but "only as a novelty". It ain't music /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S:</font><hr>
3&gt;anything by Frank Zappa
<hr /></blockquote>

You've obviously never heard "Titties and Beer" LOL

or "Dynamo-Hum"

or "Billy the Mountain" starring Studebaker Hawk. They had a charity fund-raiser on WEBN, a major local FM rock radio station where you pay $100 for a request. They actually played "Billy the Mountain", unedited, and it's got a lot of baaaad words... real bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> They're coming to take me away - Dr. Demento
<hr /></blockquote>

Haha! Good one, Jim. Another one around that time which was that take-off on Rudy Valley was "Winchester Cathedral."

Fran ~~ Oh doe dee oh doe <hr /></blockquote>

I think that was actually the "New Vaudeville Singers": "O-Boedee O-Doh, O-Boedee O-Doh, O-Boedee O-Dohdee O-Doh!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> And let's not forget "Timothy" by The Buoys, the only top 40 song ever about cannibalism /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

That one's on the jukebox at PettyPoint Pool Hall. And a few weeks ago I realized that I still remembered all the words!

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> [She-bop (Cindi, I'm a fan, but a masturbation song belongs on Prince's list)
<hr /></blockquote>

Best masturbation song of all time: "Rosie", by Jackson Browne.

SpiderMan

Kato
04-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Darnit. I downloaded it off Kazaa and it said it was KC.

Here's 2 more awful songs I heard on my way to the dentist. "She Drives Me Crazy" by 10,000 Maniacs and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.

Kato

MikeM
04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
That's a big problem with Kazaa and the other "sharing" sites. Once a song is mismarked it propigates throughout the internet and pretty soon everyone is "sure" that the wrong artist did the song.

Sorry to keep being a smartass but She Drives Me Crazy is by Fine Young Cannibals. I own that CD. That song Drove Me Crazy soon after I got it.

MM

Barbara
04-24-2003, 10:49 AM
How about "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees?

Barbara

Jimmy Mendoza
04-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Sorry country fans, but any of those country songs just suck. Especially the songs sung by some whiney, pathetic male artist - usually whining over some girl (either how much he loves her, can't live without her, etc., or whining about how, now that she's left him, he can't go on, bla bla bla). Those songs make me want to puke.

I know a lot of people love them, but anything by The Doors pretty much sucks too.

Barbara
04-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Like, "Achy Breaky Heart"?

Barbara

Kato
04-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Couldn't agree with you more on both counts Jimmy. Barbara, Achey Breaky Heart is absolutely brutal.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-24-2003, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> I know a lot of people love them, but anything by The Doors pretty much sucks too. <hr /></blockquote>Gasp! It's a good thing I was sitting down when I read that! Oh well, nobody's perfect. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd like to add anything by John Denver.
Any rap song that mutilates a classic rock song by sampling it into their songs.

Wendy&lt;---had a super crush on her old boss when she was 17 simply because he looked and sounded like Ray Manzarek! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 12:09 PM
When I was a kid, he was an AM dj on WMPS 780 in Memphis. He had a morning show called "Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots". They weren't as stupid as Bo and Whoever, but pretty bad nonetheless.

SpiderMan

Jimmy Mendoza
04-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Well, Billy Ray Cyrus is in a "sucks" league of his own. He was marketed as some sort of sex symbol, and, as such, his songs all centered around a female ('Should have been me', 'Achy Breaky Heart', etc.). He wasn't as whiney as some of the others (how can you be a whiney bitch and still be a so-called "stud", you know what I'm saying?), but he DEFINITELY rates a 10 on the suck-o-meter!

Take Tim McGraw, for example. If he wasn't married to Faith Hill, I might think all his belly aching and whining about girls (Faith Hill?) in his songs was just a cover up for his deep seeded desire for some male butt love. What is funny is, the more pathetic and whiney the song is, the more that people who like country music like the song! I went to a wedding once where the songs the couple chose for the ceremony were all those damn whiney country songs. I'm not sure, but I may have grounds for a law suit for cruel and unusual punishment! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

P.S. If it sounds like I know too many country songs for someone who can't stand country, it is because I was captive in a relationship with a "country-girl" for a few years. I've since been liberated (kind of like an Iraqi)!

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 12:12 PM
"Lady Godiva" was pretty bad. It might have been by Peter and Gordon.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-24-2003, 12:14 PM
My personal "pet peeve" was Rush. So many people liked them, but they were so totally monotonous. Every tune sounded the same. No need to buy an album, just get any 45 and play it over and over.

SpiderMan

Fred Agnir
04-24-2003, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> When I was a kid, he was an AM dj on WMPS 780 in Memphis. He had a morning show called "Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots". They weren't as stupid as Bo and Whoever, but pretty bad nonetheless.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>He's still on nationally every week. Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40.

Fred Agnir
04-24-2003, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

Any rap song that mutilates a classic rock song by sampling it into their songs.<hr /></blockquote>Ice Ice, Baby.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr>...(how can you be a whiney bitch and still be a so-called "stud", .... <hr /></blockquote>

Jimmy,

I like classic country but the new stuff (last 10-15 years) is horrid, except for Alan Jackson and some of Toby Keith's stuff..

They take a pretty boy, stick a big hat on him and call it country. It's all designed to appeal to females who make up the majority of the radio listeners.

There's a song by Pinkard and Bowden called "I'd rather hear a fat girl fart than a pretty boy sing" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
....Any rap song that mutilates a classic rock song by sampling it into their songs.....
<hr /></blockquote>

What about "Rock Superstar" by Cypress Hill which samples "Kashmir" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-24-2003, 01:43 PM
I happen to like John Denver

Kato~~~the only man in history to listen to both Slayer and John Denver.

Jimmy Mendoza
04-24-2003, 02:37 PM
I have a friend who says (half sarcastically) that whenever he starts to feel too good about himself he has to take large doses of George Jones' music. Some of you may know "UFO"rlie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
04-24-2003, 02:39 PM
on the bed post overnight. LOL who did that stupid song anyway? Wait I looked it up, 1924 lyrics? Does The Spearmint Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight? by the Irish Rovers.

Re-done by Lonnie Donegan &amp; his Skiffle Group.

SPetty
04-24-2003, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> And let's not forget "Timothy" by The Buoys, the only top 40 song ever about cannibalism /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hi Wally,

Really, everyone (well, at least the cool ones) knew that Timothy was the donkey. (Although there was some discussion at PettyPoint Pool Hall once about Timothy being the parakeet...) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fun thread...

dg-in-centralpa
04-24-2003, 08:06 PM
It was Peter and Gordon who did "Lady Godiva".

dg-in-centralpa
04-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Wally - I agree with you on Frank Zappa. I loved Titties and Beer and Dinah Moe-Hum. How about Joe's Garage? Remember the song "Don't Eat Yellow Snow"? That's a classic as well!

L.S. Dennis
04-24-2003, 11:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> They're coming to take me away - Dr. Demento
<hr /></blockquote>

Fran ~~ Oh doe dee oh doe <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know if anybody remembers this, but that song was actually banned from radio play shortly after it came out. I think this was the first sign of political correctness that was about 25 years ahead of it's time!

Jimmy Mendoza
04-25-2003, 01:06 AM
His daughter, Moon Unit, came out with "Valley Girl" that ranks up there pretty high on the list of all time worst songs.

CarolNYC
04-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Hope you didnt need any needles or drilling,then you could've been singing,
"Whoa,whoa,whoaaaaaaa,FEELINGS!:):)
Carol:)

Kato
04-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Thankfully no drilling. Only scraping, cleaning, x-rays, and picking. Ugghh, every 6 months. Please don't sing "Feelings" to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. That song is brutal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato

Ralph S.
04-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Okay, here we go LOL. I will admit to very few of Zappa's songs being alright, but the majority....out the window they go. Not sure who mentioned his daughters name, but who on earth would name their kids like that? Moon Unit&lt;daughter&gt; Dweezil&lt;son&gt;? Although I have to say Dweezil Zappa is a helluva guitarist.

Spiderman, Spiderman, Spiderman.... Putting Rush in the worst song/music category is complete sacrilige. It's like calling Mosconi a ballbanger LOL.

Ole Frankie had to have been on one helluva acid trip when he named them kids.

I also agree with whomever made the statements about the rap artists sampling other songs to get there music. Among the most notables in this category:

1&gt;Tone Loc-"Wild Thang--is Van Halen's "Jamie's Crying"

2&gt;Vanilla Ice-"Ice Ice Baby"--is "Under Pressure" by Bowie
3&gt;That Puff Diddy or Daddy or whatever he is going by now
is such a major violater of this he has too many too
mention.
4&gt;Run D.M.C. and Aerosmith???????????

Rich R.
04-25-2003, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Okay, here we go LOL. I will admit to very few of Zappa's songs being alright, but the majority....out the window they go. <hr /></blockquote>
Although I am not a big fan of Zappa, I have to say that there is a lot of good music there, once you get past all the crap, like crude lyrics, political satire and sophomore humor. Some of the guitar work, mostly by Frank himself, is very good. Musicianship thoughout his band is at a very high level. He just throws so much other stuff into the music, it makes listening for the good stuff a lot of work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NOTE: Under no circumstances, should the Frank Zappa album titled "Jazz From Hell" (I think) be used as anything besides a shim between two immovable objects.
Do not buy it. Do not play it.
Whoever nominated that album for a Grammy award should be strung up and whipped.

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2003, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Please don't sing "Feelings" to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. That song is brutal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy~~~now knows how to shark Kato! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/splitform.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2003, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> What about "Rock Superstar" by Cypress Hill which samples "Kashmir" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yuck! Puff Daddy or P. Diddy, or Puff the Magic Dragon, whatever the hell name it is he goes by today, sampled Kashmir on one of his songs for that Godzilla movie that came out in '99 or '00. Actually, when I wrote that post, I had one of Jay Z's songs in mind where he samed Five to One by The Doors.

MikeM
04-25-2003, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> [

NOTE: Under no circumstances, should the Frank Zappa album titled "Jazz From Hell" (I think) be used as anything besides a shim between two immovable objects.
Do not buy it. Do not play it.
Whoever nominated that album for a Grammy award should be strung up and whipped. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich,

You've made this album a must buy! Where can I find it?

Mike

Kato
04-25-2003, 09:42 AM
You can shark anyone just by standing there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Kato
04-25-2003, 10:01 AM
The worst song ever is "Black Chick, White Guy" by Kid Rock. Don't get me wrong, I like Kid Rock but this song is horrible.

Kato

Rich R.
04-25-2003, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> Rich,

You've made this album a must buy! Where can I find it?

Mike <hr /></blockquote>
Mike, not that I didn't like it /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but I hope it is out of print and no longer available. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SecaucusFats
04-25-2003, 08:02 PM
The absolute worst recording I've ever heard is William Shatner's rendition of "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fats

dg-in-centralpa
04-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Mrs. DG here... I agree with a lot of the losing songs here..I had to sell them!
Please help me out...I'm a Cyndi fan from the start but I never paid attention to the words enough I guess. How is She-Bop a masturbation song? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-25-2003, 08:42 PM
<font color="purple"> </font color> Mrs. DG here...
Timothy about canibalism? And what about a donkey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Please explain!

dg-in-centralpa
04-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Movie/tv stars should not make records. David Soul, John Travolta, Kathie Lee Gifford and Leonard Nimoy to name a few. Shatner's album is good for a laugh if you're really drunk or stoned. Then it becomes a #1 best seller.

SPetty
04-25-2003, 09:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> <font color="purple"> </font color> Mrs. DG here...
Timothy about canibalism? And what about a donkey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Please explain! <hr /></blockquote>Hello Mrs. DG,

Here's the lyrics to this great classic song:
<font color="blue">Timothy
The Buoys
(Rupert Holmes)

Trapped in a mine that had caved in
And everyone knows the only ones left
Were Joe and me and Tim
When they broke through to pull us free
The only ones left to tell the tale
Were Joe and me

Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?
Timothy, Timothy, God why don't I know?

Hungry as hell no food to eat
And Joe said that he would sell his soul
For just a piece of meat
Water enough to drink for two
And Joe said to me, "I'll have a swig
And then there's some for you."

Timothy, Timothy, Joe was looking at you
Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do?

I must have blacked out just around then
'Cause the very next thing that I could see
Was the light of the day again
My stomach was full as it could be
And nobody ever got around
To finding Timothy
Timothy... </font color>

Most people think Timothy was another miner, hence the cannibalism reference. Some say Timothy was a donkey that helped the miners, and others say Timothy was the miners' parakeet. The inference, of course, is that "Joe" and "me" ate Timothy.

Great rockin' song - absolutely doesn't belong in this list of "worst songs". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope that helps!

CarolNYC
04-26-2003, 04:33 AM
Good checkup!
Dont worry Kato,
I dont do "SING!"But when I hear the verse"head on down the highway,looking for adventure!"Thats you!:):):)
Carol~NAME THAT TUNE!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
04-26-2003, 05:44 AM
"Born To Be Wild" by Stephenwolf. The first time we ever talked I was heading down the highway.

Kato~~~Everything's tight from my loot to my friends
I ain't got time to tighten up loose ends
HUH I've been that route...too many times
If I ain't stabbed in the back I ain't fightin' no crime

dg-in-centralpa
04-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Thank you! I can't quite remember how the song goes, but we
did sell it quite a bit when we had our record store.
Mrs. DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Speaking of Rupert Holmes, anybody remember his hit The Pina Colada Song(Escape)? What a waste of vinyl!

Voodoo Daddy
04-27-2003, 07:39 AM
OK, I been out on the road on two wheels the last few days. I come back to my absolute favorite subject, if I can add my two cents. First and formost ANY STEVE MILLER song sucks like a Hoover vacuum. The list will get longer as my brain hits the suck file....here it comes.

1}Country music should be banned due to its affect to a persons brain cells, simple put it kills them.

2}Music other than Hard Rock made from 1973 to present should be concidered tactics in torture...excluding Barry White, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson.

3}"Jazz from Hell" was/is/will always be a classic...a must buy!!

4} Heavy Metal in a whole should be catagorized as another tactic of Torture...with few exceptions, very few

5} And finally...any music that KATO feels is "cool" is not cool at all due to his brainwaves being crushed listening to the Killer Dwarfs and Dream Theatre!!!

Fred Agnir
04-28-2003, 02:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Mrs. DG here... I agree with a lot of the losing songs here..I had to sell them!
Please help me out...I'm a Cyndi fan from the start but I never paid attention to the words enough I guess. How is She-Bop a masturbation song? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Here's the lyrics. I think it's pretty obvious:

We-hell-I see them every night in tight blue jeans--
In the pages of a blue boy magazine
Hey I've been thinking of a new sensation
I'm picking up--good vibration--
Oop--she bop--

Do I wanna go out with a lion's roar
Huh, yea, I wanna go south n get me some more
Hey, they say that a stitch in time saves nine
They say I better stop--or I'll go blind
Oop--she bop--she bop

She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
I hope He will understand
She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
Oo--oo--she--do--she bop--she bop

(whistle along here)...

Hey, hey--they say I better get a chaperone
Because I can't stop messin' with the danger zone
No, I won't worry, and I won't fret--
Ain't no law against it yet--
Oop--she bop--she bop--

She bop--he bop--we bop...

----------------------------------------

She-Bop and other "make-you-blind" songs (http://www.inthe80s.com/4nic8.shtml)

Fred

JPB
04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> [She-bop (Cindi, I'm a fan, but a masturbation song belongs on Prince's list)
<hr /></blockquote>

Best masturbation song of all time: "Rosie", by Jackson Browne.

So you don't own the album Bikini Wax by the band Killer Pussy which features "Dildo Desire?" It is a must listen.

Worst song: Brown Eyed Girl.

9 Ball Girl
04-28-2003, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> Best masturbation song of all time: "Rosie", by Jackson Browne.
<hr /></blockquote>

See, now I thought that the best masturbation song was, Feelings. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JPB
04-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Just to clarify since I chopped up the quote, "Rosie" is Spiderman's nomination. Mine is cited in the first post. Bikini Wax is really a fine album. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
04-28-2003, 09:03 PM
I knew that Mike, I dogged it. The song was bouncing around in my head and I couldn't think of it.

Kato

Kato
04-28-2003, 09:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>5} And finally...any music that KATO feels is "cool" is not cool at all due to his brainwaves being crushed listening to the Killer Dwarfs and Dream Theatre!!! <hr /></blockquote>

I can't believe I'm reading this.!!!!!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, while Voodoo is one of my favorite people in the entire universe and knows absolutely every song ever written he does not know what he's missing out on by not jamming the Killer Dwarfs on a regular basis.

Kato~~~~Monster Killer Dwarfs fan

Voodoo Daddy
04-29-2003, 04:52 AM
Who gave you that Dream Theatre CD?&lt;it sucked in my opinion&gt;. The Killer Dwarfs only sound good at low heights...under 5'9", HAHAHAHAAH. Actually, KATO has been asking some pretty good music questions as of late which my prove me wrong about his taste in tunes. Long live Yngwie Malmsteen!!!

Kato
04-29-2003, 06:45 AM
Dream Theatre is not for everyone, especially not the great Voodoo. It is for minds like mine that expand past 1970's hard rock /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have been a Malmsteen fan since the 80's.

Kato~~~Jammin' Hayseed Dixie

Ralph S.
04-29-2003, 07:37 AM
The Killer Dwarfs were cool. I just cant remember that one song that was their best known. The video received a lot of airplay on MTV. Tell me what it is Kato as my brain doesnt work so good as I am getting old and decrepit LOL.

Kato
04-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Ralph, I've been listening to the Dwarfs since the 80's sometimes. They had a ballad called "Lifetime" that could have had a video and a rockin' tune called "Dirty Weapons" that coulda had a minor hit. I never heard 'em on the radio, never saw 'em on T.V.

If anyone has D.A.D. "No Fuel Left For The Pilgrims" I'll pay for it. My cd is worn out, skipping badly.

Kato

Kato
04-29-2003, 07:52 PM
The worst song in the history of music has been found by me, Kato............................................

Rico Suave by Gerado http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/sarge/Guillotine_anim.gif

That should effectively end the discussion.

Thank you for your time.

Kato~~~this song sucks so bad I'm laughing my A$$ off while I listen to it.

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2003, 08:07 PM
But Kato, that's the song that came to my mind when I was sitting at the airport waiting for Voodoo, Lorri, and yourself to come and pick me up. Remember? You stepped out of the truck with those ultra cool sunglasses, talking to a hot chick on the cell phone (oh wait, that was me on the phone /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), and all I could think of was....

Rrrrrrico, Suaaaaaave

Wendy&lt;---LOLOLOLOLOL

Ralph S.
04-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Hey Kato, I dont think either of those are it. I will do some digging and get back to ya. Their name alone is so cool though, isnt it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif