PDA

View Full Version : CELEBRATE Today, This Week, This Month!

TomBrooklyn
04-23-2003, 02:20 PM
There are so many things to celebrate. Sometimes we forget or don't get the information we need to know to celebrate. You can put reminders and notes about your favorite holidays and things to celebrate here.

TomBrooklyn
04-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Today is Administrative Professionals Day, formerly known as Secretaries Day.

Happy Administrative Professionals Day to all you Administrative Professionals and Secretaries out there!

eg8r
04-23-2003, 02:45 PM
I have to say, this is one of the worst holidays. LOL, Let me explain. Any other holiday, birthday, retirement party, etc, the AP's preparation work and get the food ready for the party. Well who the heck got stuck with this job when it was the AP holiday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have to say, it is a wonderful thing for the APs, because I blew it today and forgot to bring in my stuff. Now that is one good reason I cannot be an AP. No event organization running through this blood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With all that said, I want to say, I appreciate the 2 APs that work with my group. Without them I would have to do their work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Rod
04-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. Politically correct eh?

TomBrooklyn
04-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Yes Rod,

As I'm sure you've noticed, I am the Poster Child for Political Correctness.

TomBrooklyn
04-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Don't forget, tommorow is Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day. You might still have time to make plans.

I don't have any children. I would bring my pet tortoise to work with me, but he is over my mom's house right now on vacation.

http://www.daughtersandsonstowork.org/

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2003, 06:27 PM
I went out to lunch with my AP today and she bought. My AP is unfortunately my mother. I think it's tougher working for relatives, especially parents than anyone else.

TomBrooklyn
04-24-2003, 03:07 PM
I hope everybody had a nice day at work with their children, today.

Well, tomorrow is National Arbor Day. Go plant a tree, or hug one. I will meet some nature loving friends and we will go hug some trees in the park. I will also go my yard and plants some vegetables. I planted a couple of trees a few years ago, and don't have room for any more. You don't generally get much land with your house in Brooklyn.

http://www.arborday.org/

Karatemom
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Our school will be celebrating Arbor Day tomorrow by planting a new tree in front of the school. One of the local aldermen will come and make a speech while the kids help plant it. I'm the smart one though and took the day off of work, LOL.

Heide ~ planted a new tree last weekend

TomBrooklyn
04-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Tearful regards to those in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi on the eve of this Confederate Memorial Day. May the knot that binds the States and Regions of The United States of America together have no need, ever again, to come undone.

http://home.att.net/~mysmerelda/confederate.html