PDA

View Full Version : Leather wrap

03-24-2002, 03:59 PM
Can you guys tell me which cue maker puts the best leather wrap? Thanks.

Barbara
03-24-2002, 04:14 PM
I've seen first-hand some of Barry Szamboti's work in his shop. Very difficult to find the seam. But that's just one aspect of it. You also have to take into account the grain of the leather and its natural color variances. That's something a cuemaker can't change. Barry really tries to match the leather as best as possible, but it usually ends up that the cue owner isn't thrilled with the actual peice of leather, not Barry's handiwork.

Barbara~~~dreaming up her next cue....

PQQLK9
03-25-2002, 12:42 PM
I've seen a lot and would put my McDermott up against any of them ...$240.00 EF-4 Black Leather...(can't find the seam)

MikeM
03-25-2002, 02:43 PM
A player in my league bought a Dale Perry in VF with a leather wrap. I'm not a fan of leather wraps but this one is really nice. Beautiful black leather and plays really nice. Obviously high quality but not cheap.

MM

03-28-2002, 03:52 AM
Glad you asked.
Kieth Josey Custom Cues,(www.joseycues.com),is in my opinion the very best in the country at leather wraps.
Kieth is very reasonable on the price too.
This question is a no brainer!!!!!!!
Sincerly,
Shawn Putnam
P.S. Any queations call me (330-518-7550)

03-28-2002, 11:33 AM
Shawn, we're glad to see another pro player lurking and contributing here on the CCB. Advice from the pros is always welcomed, respected and appreciated here. As you mention Josey cues in regards to his handiwork at leather wraps, just wondering what you thought of his custom cues overall? How do they play and what other cuemaker would you compare him with in terms of playability and quality? I visited his booth and talked with him at Valley Forge more than once and contemplated buying a Sneaky Pete, but never got around to doing it. You are not the first one I've heard speaking highly of him/his cues. Thanks. - Chris in NC

03-28-2002, 02:08 PM
Ed Pruitt does leather even tighter than Ernie G. of Ginacue. But, you won't be able to get a hold of him.
Other good ones? Capone and Ned Morris. Mottey too but charges an arm and a leg.

Scott Lee
03-29-2002, 02:38 AM
Add Samsara and Cognoscenti to the list of top cuemakers who can expertly apply a leather wrap! My favorite...
Elephant Ear...kind of a pebbley leather...very cool feel to it, but very expensive!

Scott Lee