PDA

View Full Version : Mechem

q4summit
04-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Anyone ever hear of a man named Bill Mechem? I might be spelling his last name wrong. He has a poolhall (can't remember the name of it right now) in Colorado Springs, Coloardo. He supposidly came to Co about 10 years ago and for about 5 years won every major tournament held in Co. My buddy swears by him, says he's amazing.. takes a top 10 to take him down. Apparently the World 9 ball champ of 2002 came down and Mechem cleaned his clocks 20 bucks a rack, till the guy packed his gear and left. Just curious if there is truth behind the myth.

Marc

Scott Lee
04-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Marc...Bill Meacham has lived in CO for the past 30 yrs! He is a BCA Certified Instructor, and worked for the BCA for a couple of years recently. He now owns a new poolroom in Co. Spgs. He is an excellent player, though I would not call him world-class. On your home turf, anyone can seem to be a world-beater. I don't consider Bill to be a hustler, but I do consider him to be highly skilled.

Scott

q4summit
04-25-2003, 02:59 AM
My friend Ryan talks very highly of him. I can't wait to play against him for a few hours in June. Didn't know he was a BCA instructor either. Hehe the things you learn, Thanks Scott!

Marc

04-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I know Bill Meacham fairly well, and searched him out to play in his home room (Aim Ahead Billiards). His room is a very nice smoke free/alcohol free establishment. It's a great place to play and he is willing (last I heard) to give instruction, or play with, as long as you pay the table time. This I consider to be a great deal, especially if you are looking for some inexpensive instruction. I believe that table time is $4 per hour.

In regards to his ability to play, I would consider Bill to be a lower tier pro. This is no slame, it's just that he's not at the top of the heap. I can't imagine a "world champion" playing him for only $20 a game, nor can I imagine one losing to him. However, anyone can have a "good" day. His forte is 9-ball, he's decent at straight pool, and he is ok at one-pocket.

If you see him, say hi from Doug Sall.

Regards,

Doug

q4summit
04-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Yea, i've heard he does some pretty neat circus tricks on the 9ball table. The "myths" that i was told about him is his ability to run 10 racks if he's truly trying, letting you "have" a shot for shits and giggles. Forte being 9ball, and if you pay for the table he'll play with you for a few hours if he has no business to take care of. I hear Aim Ahead is a very nice poolroom as well. Crown tables, pro cloth, worth going to. Not to mention his daughter is a smokin 10 lol. Any how, i'll let him know that you and Scott say hi.

Marc