PDA

View Full Version : A night at the Pettypoint Poolhall

Scott Lee
04-24-2003, 02:54 AM
I had seen the pictures Spiderman took of Susan Petty's home poolroom, but I have to say, they didn't do it justice!
After spending 8 hours playing there last night (you ALL were invited, and MISSED OUT! LOL), I have to say it is without a doubt if not THE, one of the nicest home poolrooms in TX...and maybe the whole country! It even rivals my friend's home poolroom in Des Moines, IA...and that is saying a LOT! LOL We played game after game on both the 9' Diamond and the Valley 7 footer, and had way more fun than should be allowed! I can't wait to go back!

Scott Lee

Ralph S.
04-24-2003, 07:11 AM
I am jealous, 'nuff said.

04-24-2003, 07:15 AM
So what kind of table resides at the Pettypoint Poolhall?

eg8r
04-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Now Scott sees what we were raving about a little while ago. Her room is beautiful.

I wish I could have come out, but that is pretty late on a school night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif When I left work the street lights were on and I was pooped. I don't think I would have been able to make the 1.5 hour drive, played pool till I could not stand up, and then make the drive back.

I wish I was there for the fun. I will be back out there someday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad you liked it.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-24-2003, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>

....I have to say it is without a doubt if not THE, one of the nicest home poolrooms in TX...and maybe the whole country!..... <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, maybe she could start up a little side business like Barry Behrman had going a couple years ago /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

or not....

HTH,

Wally~~ <font color="green">green with envy </font color>

9 Ball Girl
04-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Keep it up with all these good things about SPetty's home poolroom and I swear I will take a flight out to Texas just to stay there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

04-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Damn they sure dont have places like that here /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
04-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Well you could have something like that where you are. All you need to do is hire her husband and pay him a handsome wage and he will build it. You will need to save some money because it does not look like they spared a penny.

eg8r

SPetty
04-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi Scott,

Glad you could come out. It was a lot of fun, and really didn't seem anything like eight hours (although I was kinda hurting this morning when the alarm went off... although by the time on your post, you probably didn't even go to bed yet when my alarm was going off!)

But really, you guys, it's just a big room for me to keep my pool tables. (shoop, there's a nine foot Diamond Pro and a seven foot Valley Cougar coin-op.)

It's probably a lot like the basements that you northerners have, it's just above ground with windows - it's just a big room with a couple of tables. Although I do have to admit that LeRoy did a great job in building it for me, but it's still a construction zone and far from complete.

Of course, probably the funnest part for me was watching Scott dance around and play some kick ass air guitar! (Could probably have some blackmail pics if I'd thought to have my camera!)

The guest room should be ready for you, Scott, the next time you come through! It was great seeing you again. Hope you had/have a good visit in the DFW area.

Scott Lee
04-25-2003, 12:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hi Scott,

Glad you could come out. It was a lot of fun, and really didn't seem anything like eight hours (although I was kinda hurting this morning when the alarm went off... although by the time on your post, you probably didn't even go to bed yet when my alarm was going off!)

Of course, probably the funnest part for me was watching Scott dance around and play some kick ass air guitar!
The guest room should be ready for you, Scott, the next time you come through! It was great seeing you again. Hope you had/have a good visit in the DFW area.
<hr /></blockquote>

Susan...Well heck! With that GREAT jukebox, who could sit still for long? LOL Yep, it WAS a very late night, and equally early morning today! Now, after playing pool with RandyG for 4 hours today, and playing in a tournament with Spiderman tonight, I am REALLY bushed and gonna sleep for hours and hours and hours! LOL You can BET on me coming back to the Pettypoint Poolhall! Thanks to you and Leroy both, for your gracious hospitality!

Scott

randyg
04-25-2003, 05:57 PM
You did all the playing, I did the watching. 4 hours? Where does time go when you are having fun....randyg

SPetty
04-27-2003, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Of course, probably the funnest part for me was watching Scott dance around and play some kick ass air guitar! (Could probably have some blackmail pics if I'd thought to have my camera!)<hr /></blockquote>Sorry y'all, but this thread needs just one more post...

Scott came back again! while he was in town. Actually, eg8r and spouse stopped in for awhile as well. This time I was ready with my camera to get the "Scott Lee Plays Air Cue Guitar" pic...

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/cueguitar.jpg

HAHAHAHA! Definitely great fun!!!

eg8r
04-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Yep, I came out to play some pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Scott is a different person once the lessons are over. We had a great time. I was surprised to see Scott get Heather to play pool. She was pretty adamant about not playing at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Barbara
04-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Oh baby, this calls for a caption contest!!!

Let's hear 'em!!

Barbara~~~still thinking...

dg-in-centralpa
04-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Barbara - How about Chuck Berry's teacher? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
04-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Barbara...Here's the first one!

"WHOA! So THAT's why they call it te-kill-ya!"

Scott

Scott Lee
04-27-2003, 12:46 PM
awww geez...I'm not THAT old! LOL I'd have to be 103!...and I'm not a day over 87! ROFL

Scott

dg-in-centralpa
04-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Scott - What do they say.. a picture is worth a thousand words. This pic is priceless! lol You'll probably never get over this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
04-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Scott Lee to Student: "No, no no! You've got it all wrong. Let me show you the correct way to approach your shot. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...you do the hokey pokey and then you ask "May I? Then you take 3 giant steps forward and 14 baby steps back and you'll be in perfect alignment. It's very simple."

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/cueguitar.jpg

dg-in-centralpa
04-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Scott - did you give Tom Cruise his moves for Color of Money?