PDA

View Full Version : Listening to music while playing

Predator314
04-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Anyone try listening to music on a walkman/cd player/mp3 player while shooting pool? One of my friends suggested this. I tried it out and it works nicely! I have a nomad jukebox mp3 player that has about 2000 songs on it with a bunch of different playlists. I pick a playlist that goes along with my mood. Then shoot in peace.

I wouldn't suggest doing this in competition because you can't hear people around you. It's great for practice though.

I recommend the new Godsmack - Faceless CD /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-24-2003, 07:58 AM
If I'm practicing alone, I'll bring along my MP3 player. I make my own CDs so usually they'll be songs that I feel can make me shoot better. It's all in my head I know but what the hell. There's this one guy in the tourney I help run on Thursdays that plays with his walkman on. I haven't gotten any complaints from his opponents and he shoots pretty good.

Predator314
04-24-2003, 08:02 AM
If listen to your walkman during competition, it could "drown the sharks". I wouldn't complain about my opponent listening to headphones while playing.

04-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Exactly drowns out all the idiot people making unneeded comments.

9 Ball Girl
04-24-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> If listen to your walkman during competition, it could "drown the sharks". I wouldn't complain about my opponent listening to headphones while playing. <hr /></blockquote>

IMO, you should be able to drown out those bastard sharks without music! LOL Something to think about: You're playing with your headphones on, your opponent warns you that you're on 2 fouls. You scratch and lose and alarmed when your opponent starts rolling the balls toward you for you to rack because you didn't hear him warn you. Just something to think about...

Predator314
04-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Luckily, I don't have too much problem with the "sharks" these days. I can pretty much tune anyone out. Just ask my parents and some of my old college professors.

nAz
04-24-2003, 11:58 AM
That nomad is the best thing you can use how much mem for 2000 song? 2 gigs? I like that it wont skip if you bang into something.
Hey maybe you should listen to a hypmotist while you shoot to reinforce your game /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stick8
04-24-2003, 12:31 PM
A friend and pro player used to do it all the time good player to BILL BLANDA stick

Predator314
04-24-2003, 12:42 PM
It's using somewhere around 2 gig. I haven't really checked. It has 20 GB of storage. The only complaint I have about it is that it's pretty heavy. I got the big one so I could put my entire CD collection on it. I have roughly 1000 CDs. I just need to take time to rip them.

bluewolf
04-24-2003, 12:50 PM
I know a really good pool player who used to do this in matches. I have done it in practice, just for a change of pace and for fun.

While it is ideal to just be able to screen out the idiots, total focus is something that most of us do not have until we have it. Sometimes along the way, tools are helpful.

I used to be very bothered by what people around me were saying and doing. One day, just like a light switch, all of that distractibility went out the window. I think it is different for differnt people though.

Laura