PDA

View Full Version : excalibur cues

03-24-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm an older player who walked away from pool in the late 70's. LOng story. I came back last March. Since my old wooden two piece cue has a warp to the tip now, I've been looking for a new cue. Money is kinda an issue since I'm not as serious as player as I use to be. But I still like a decent cue to play with. I was looking at so nice cues made by Excalibur. But they don't match ones I'm seeing in online billiard shop ads. They seem to be good economy ( also made in China though ) sticks ( 75.00 ) and would serve my purpose but I cannot tell what material is on the grip. It aslmost seems to smooth, and the shop did not have a table set up to try a few strokes witha demo cue so I couldn't tell how it would work out. It is wood with a graphit coating I believe, so it seems like it would always give a smooth stroke thru the bridge hand. As I stated, I am no longer a serious player but who wants to shhot with a crooked stick. If anyone can give me some advice you could e-mail me direct at cchrist373@aol.com. Any help from a fellow player would be welcomed. Some may advise going too a different brand but this cue, which fits my budget and playing frequencty now, had a nice "feel" when I picked it up. A good sign. Michael

BLACKHEART
03-24-2002, 07:41 PM
What brand of Q was your "OLD" Q & how old was it?...JER

04-02-2002, 11:01 PM
I bought the cue in '68 or '69. They were sold thru a pool hall in Raytown, Mo. A part of Kansas City. I'm not sure who made the cuebut I'm pretty sure it was a handmade by a local maker. I do not know the name and there is no markings. Has a nice warp near the tip though :-). Did well for me for years but it's time to retire it. Michael

Rich R.
04-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Michael, if the butt is in good shape, you may want to consider getting a new shaft for it. I have a 30+ year old butt with a 1 year old shaft that plays as good or better than ever. Rich R.~~~just another possibility.