PDA

View Full Version : wishes for the OPEN

cueball1950
04-24-2003, 11:00 PM
These are just my rambling thoughts and wishes for the U S Open this year.
1) No fighting like last year.( Can't we all just get along for the sake of our sport.
2) A great turnout of players like last year. (C'mon charlie, Tony, DOuble JJ. and Teddy G)
3) Nice weather
4) Lots of great action
5)and a great turn out for the 2nd Annual international CCB tournament at Q masters on that Saturday
Does anyone else have any wishes? I know it is still a few months away, but i am counting the days down on my calendar. So lets everyone get together and have a great time at the Greatest Tournament "EVER" put on. THE GREAT CCB TOURNEY /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif..............................mike

snipershot
04-24-2003, 11:10 PM
International CCB tourney?

Haven't heard of it yet, what happened in the first one? Who won? Just curious about it.

cueball1950
04-25-2003, 10:10 AM
We call it the International cuz we had a player from Canada in it.. Last years tournament was won by Killer Break. We had about 23 players last year. We had 32 signed up to play but only 23 or so showed up. it is co-ed races to 7 double elimination with a $ 20.00 entry fee. Last year Barry and Brady Berhman donated the table time and everyone had a great time. So hopefully we can do it again this year and everyone can have fun at the Open. Something to look forward to........................Mike

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Hmmm, lets see:

1. A great turnout for the US Open
2. Nice weather
3. Every CCBer that was there be there again and more
4. A normal trip for me for once
5. Of course, a 2nd CCB Tourney (I will be so much better prepared and get their on time!)
6. And just be happy to be around all the action with all the best people in the world /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato
04-25-2003, 10:38 AM
My wishes? I wanna play better in the CCB tournament. I wanna hit balls with everyone's cues (that I wanna hit). I wanna laugh more. I want to watch McCready. I want to finally see Bustamante and Reyes play. I want to see Corey play up to his ability. I want to see high stakes action with Alex, McCready, Frost, and Watson. I want Johnny Archer to play like Johnny Archer not like Father Time. I want Rackmup to come up to hang with us ('he's really cool). I wanna hang out with Mike M and his posse. Last but not least I want Voodoo to re-consider. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~there is more but I don't want to wait you down more.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-25-2003, 11:07 AM
How about if the words "guaranteed" and "escrow" don't have to be placed in "quotation marks" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope CW and BB kiss and make up. That should mean more <font color="green">$$$$$$$$$</font color> for all concerned.

I hope there's no fodder this year for internet discussion boards.

I hope the winner of the CCB International Invitational Tournament has more than 5 posts in the last year. DOH, did I say that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

04-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Where is this CCB tournament can anyone come from the board and play????

Rich R.
04-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Mike, is there going to be a 2nd Annual CCB Tounament?

Last year, Brady was kind enough to arrange for the table time and have the registration through the Q-Masters website.

From all reports, that I have seen, Brady no longer works for his Dad, at Q-Masters. Does anybody have a connection with them, to arrange for the table time?

Last years added money and the registration is not important. The money is not really necessary and I'm sure we can handle the registration. But we can not have a tournament without tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anybody out there with a connection to Q-Masters??????

Rod
04-25-2003, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope there's no fodder this year for internet discussion boards.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ya me too, I couldn't take another year of the petty bickering. All had points but it just kept up, over and over and over and over and over and some under. Hell half of the people didn't even know what they were talking about, just more speculation and hearsay added to the fire.

We'll be positive this year and hope all goes well.

Rod

Kato
04-25-2003, 01:45 PM
I guess within the coming months we'll establish a dialog with Barry and see what we see. I'm hoping we can stage another tournament. As we saw the pool room isn't exactly full on that particular Saturday. Barry's a good business man. We're good business for a week. We'll work something out.

Kato~~~not necessarily volunteering as I have no idea how to set up and run a tournament but will help as needed.

UWPoolGod
04-25-2003, 01:59 PM
UWPoolGod &lt;--- clasps hands and looks to the heavens and sings...

Oh what do I wish to get there,
wish someone would pay my airfare;

Oh and the tourneys not for free,
wish someone would pay my entry feeeeeeeee;

Okay thats enough singin. But the offer still stands for anyone interested in my song...LOL

Todd

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2003, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~not necessarily volunteering as I have no idea how to set up and run a tournament but will help as needed. <hr /></blockquote>

At setting up and running a tournament, I am very experienced with. So I can help if need be. Hear that Barry? I can help!

Tom_In_Cincy
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Barry will need a lot of help on the weekends.. because he will be the guest of the county up until the US Open weekend. He will be serving his time, one weekend at a time.

I just hope that he can get done what is needed to be done during the week..

Eric.
04-25-2003, 03:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~not necessarily volunteering as I have no idea how to set up and run a tournament but will help as needed. <hr /></blockquote>

At setting up and running a tournament, I am very experienced with. So I can help if need be. Hear that Barry? I can help! <hr /></blockquote>

I'm willing to do my part.

Worse comes to worse, I'm sure we can do it the ol fashion way-pay greens fees. Personally, I'm more interested in playing other CCB'ers than winning a few bucks. Hell, even with a $20 entry, we can put $10 towards the pot and $10 fro green fees.

Eric &gt;whose gonna step up

04-25-2003, 05:11 PM
????

Rod
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM
The CCB tournament took place during the US Open last year. It was at Bary's pool room. I forgot the name but there is plenty of time. It will be posted here well before if it happens again.

Just ask Tom In Cincy or Wendy they might be Co TD's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

9 Ball Girl
04-26-2003, 08:30 AM
The CCB Tourney was held at Q Master Billiards on the Saturday before the big Pay Per View finale at the Open. Anyway, the way it worked:

1. You had to be a CCB Poster (that caused some controversy as to how new the CCB poster was. You can go to the First CCB Tourney 2002 (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/dosearch.php?Cat=&amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=Brady_Beh rman&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=3&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allp osts) Archive

2. It was Open. No handicapps. Double Elimination. Race to 5. Winner racks. (That got to be confusing right, Rich? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

3. I believe we started at 11AM with the draw. Look, Some Pics! (http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showgallery.cfm?gallerynum=16)

4. A good time was definitely had by all. Killer Break won. Thierry Layani came in 2nd. MikeM kicked Bye's a$$. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Oh yeah, that Friday before the CCB Tourney, a bunch of CCBers went out for some steak. Lets do it again!

Kato
04-26-2003, 09:04 AM
As you wish my dear. Perhaps this year someone will go with me to grill steaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I got some news for ya Wendy. Going into that match with Bye, Mike was more than a little nervous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif He was walking around babbling something like, "should I used the Scruggs or Corey's Viking /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" and then "I'm not sure that this tip is going to hold up, what if my break is a little off" /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Then I heard him trying to bribe Mr. Bye with this line, "Look, if you let me win I'll give you an entire box of keychains" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. After the match I heard Bye say this, "I knew it was the 7. Do you ever just look at the rack and no you're going to miss by this much, man it was beautiful". However, when Mike was shooting the 3 he said something like this, "lot a people doing it, means a lot of people doing it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif" and then he said, "it's like a nightmare, keeps getting worse /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif" just really shoving Bye's face in the dirt. That Mike M, he's a mean one, Mr. Grinch /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kato~~~that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Wendy,
ALl I remember about the tournament was getting there at 9am to get things started. I had gotten to bed around 4am and NEEDED Coffee and ASPRIN.. played terrible but had more fun than I expected.

It will happen again this year. Just better..

9 Ball Girl
04-26-2003, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> As you wish my dear. Perhaps this year someone will go with me to grill steaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif<hr /></blockquote>

Alright, (in best baby voice) Kato Wato Wootie Cutie. I'll go grill some steak with ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wendy~~~Kato can grill some mean steak let me tell ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WesK
04-26-2003, 02:25 PM
MikeM says that he's ordered our seats already. So I guess that we'll be there.

This time he may be gunning for both you and that Bye guy.

I have to come up with 158 more posts though...

Oh well.

wes

Rich R.
04-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Kato, after reading your account of the match between Mike and Bye, I have come to two conclusions:

1. You drank way too much on Friday night.
2. I was way too sober.

We will try to even things out, this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
04-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Kato,,,, I just love your imagination. And what a memory. I would be honored to go grill some steaks with you. You the man. I opted for the celebrity roast last year and though it was fun. Once is enough...................Mike

Kato
04-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Good thing guys. That grill is something to behold. I'd kill for one at home.

Kato~~~still fuming at Tom Cincy for playing safe up 4-2 shooting the 8.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-28-2003, 07:34 AM
Ahhhhh the Memories we cherish thru the years.....

Playing the great ones and remembering that you won two games..

LOL.. RJ is going to get his chance to create another memory this year.. maybe it will be reversed...LOL