PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to hustle to make big $$$$

snipershot
04-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Alot of the players (in my area at least) seem to have the mindset that if you want to get your hands on big money you have to hustle at least a bit or else players won't play for big money /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I suppose it would depend what you consider "big money" to be, for me anything over $100 is pretty good dough, at least to my poor a$$ it is /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I for one don't believe it is necessary to hustle to win decent money, when I play for money I usually play for $5 or $10 a game tops and I go home up a $100 or so without hustling a single cent of it, I also go home down alot but we won't discuss that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyways, do you think it is necessary to hustle at all to win some decent cash? You can win pretty good money in local tournaments here but the majority of the players don't finish in the cash and are always looking for other opportunities to win or at least make it back to even and some of them just decide to try and hustle.

Snipershot-beginning to wonder if there is too much greed in our game.

ceebee
04-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Gambling is basically (keyword) all the same. If you want to win $10,000... you just about have to bet $10,000. Can you afford to lose $10,000? Can you afford several sets at $10,000 a pop until you settle down & get into stroke? Can you play $10,000 sets all night? It's all about your inner constitution.
Horse & Dog Racing or Las Vegas style gambling says You can win at multiple odds (i.e. 3 to 1, 6 to 1 , even 10-1)... but the odds are not in your favor.
Want to find a game for $10,000 or more a set... just stick your neck out... somebody will get in touch with you. James W. (not allowed to drop names) won over $250,000 one summer... but he can take it back & stroke it straight for $10,000 a shot.
It's about your ability to play & win! I don't think hustlin' is part of the big money anymore... cb

Steve Lipsky
04-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Snipershot, where I live (NYC), everyone knows each other. Someone would probably have to drive 200 miles to get to a place where no one knew his speed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

pooljunkie73
04-27-2003, 10:33 AM
up here you never see any real hustling.most of the money matches the people are shooting straight up.with the big money matches($1000+)it's usually a player travelling through town.most,if not all of them have played up to there true speed.we think..lol

c.holtz009
04-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Around here, the people who think they are hotshots are always the ones going down early in tournaments and down money when they bet.
There are quite a few good shots here for the size of the community, and we usually end up playing each other for $5 or $10 a set.
The one big tourney we were in at a local room, my pool team members and I finished 1-2-3-4-5.
I guess we didn't stink up the place that night!
Not very many people here try to hustle though, and when they do, they usually have it blow up in their face.

Rod
04-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Hustle no, in any given area players know each others speed. Given that if there is any hustle it is making the right game.

Rod

Ralph S.
04-27-2003, 03:08 PM
I dont think you really need to hustle to win some decent cash, so therefore, dancing is out of the question LOL.
Ralph S.>has 2 left feet and definitely doesnt "hustle". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif