PDA

View Full Version : U.S.Open--What's the best Standard Wood Racks

Brady_Behrman
03-24-2002, 08:46 PM
I am gonna go "Rack" Shopping for the U.S.Open. Tell me your Favorite wooden Racks. I want to find the BEST rack on the market for the Greatest tournament in the world! The U.S.Open can't afford to use a rack that is not liked by players and fans alike. The official Rack of the Open must be flawless! Thanks for all your comments on the Sardo and hope to get just as many about this subject.

Promoting Pool,
Brady Behrman

cheesemouse
03-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Brady,
The Diamond people put a nice wood rack in their Smart/table; it is as nice a wood rack as I have ever handled.

03-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Brady, there are thick wood racks on the market that I would not recommend. The thinner, the better, IMO, because with the thick sides, the 2nd two balls (right below the one ball) won't freeze to each other. I don't know the name of the rack but you can tell by racking the balls. You could tweak it with a little tape on the inside of the rack to tighten that particular area if you had to, but I would still rather go with thinner wood racks which seem to be angled better.

Since there are 6 ways to rack the balls with each rack (three possibilities on each side) I would recommend testing each way and finding the best one, and then marking the rack for the players so they don't have to waste time trying all different ways during a match.

Fran

Jay M
03-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Brady,
The racks that come with the accessory kits with Diamond tables are VERY nice. They look nice and you can freeze the rack with them. Also they have a notch in the bottom for lining the rack up to ensure it's straight. My personal choice would be those racks.

Jay M

Tom_In_Cincy
03-24-2002, 10:31 PM
I second the motion for Diamond Racks. Jay is correct. These are very good racks.

03-25-2002, 04:57 AM
This is the problem with the U.S. Open. You would think after 25 years the basic equiptment would be standard.You would also think that the players would get paid on time.I guess that would be too much to presume.

Fred Agnir
03-25-2002, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> I am gonna go "Rack" Shopping for the U.S.Open. Tell me your Favorite wooden Racks<hr></blockquote>

This one's easy ;-) Brianna Racks. They made the thick racks for the Diamond Smart Tables for the Derby City tournament and others.

Lee Malakoff
Brianna Products, Inc.
800 893 7925 for orders

Fred

Brady_Behrman
03-25-2002, 09:24 AM
First of all, Products change from Year to Year..
Secondly, All players HAVE BEEN PAID!

We had a Rough year No need to elaborate, It happens...
It will not happen again, I promise you that!

Thanks Mr. Anonymous!
Brady Behrman

03-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Brady:

If you can get your hands on them, get some of those WOODWORKS Racks that you had at the 93 Open. I find they gice the tightest rack.

JMD

BLACKHEART
03-25-2002, 01:47 PM
The diamond rack is really solid. I would recomend ANY diamond product...JER

Kato
03-25-2002, 01:53 PM
The rack that Voodoo Daddy had for his one pocket tour was awesome. Can't remember the name, but he's listed in the members section and you can e-mail him. Diamond is also a teriffic rack.

Kato~~~knows a little something about racking.

03-25-2002, 02:56 PM
I totall agree, they also used them at the Williards tournament in Pheasant Run IL. Brady, your on the right track with this one, rounded edges, tounge and groove, I have one of the old Willards racks, bought it from Scott Smith a few years back, Willard burned in the dates "Willards International 8 Ball - 9 Ball Classic May 11-24, 1992" on each rack and sold them at tournament end, nice touch. Since I am opening up a new room myself I asked around and Vivial Villareal gave me this number, 800-291-1389, took me awhile to fetch it, ask for Duffy. PS, I saved some money and purchased the Hercules (non-roller) racks from "Roll-a-Rack for my new room, my bottom line was getting huge, would of much rather had the Woodworks. Dan Tull of Shooters in Olathe used them for years. Duffies number is a work number and he will make racks, special order only. Hope this helps. BF

Cuemage
03-25-2002, 07:48 PM
I also vote for the Diamond rack (this coming from a guy who racks a lot...hehehe}. Seriously though, best rack I've ever used &amp; I appreciate your willingness to include the fans in your decision making, shows a touch of class.

The Cuemage

Gayle in MD
03-25-2002, 10:20 PM
You're probably the same jerk that posted the nasty post about Karen Corr. I really wish we could ban all annonymous posters from this forum. Here is a man who is trying to get input from people who love this game, so that he can accomodate them, which is, as I understand it, more than many of the other tournament producers are willing to do, and you have to say something like that. AND ANOTHER THING, you leave Brady alone, he's MY friend! and I won't have you writing things like that especially since you are too Cowardly to use your name!
Gayle in Md, humph, now put that in your keyboard!

heater451
03-26-2002, 03:08 PM
I played at a local 9-ball tourney, on Diamond tables, and they had the Diamond racks as well.

It was the first/only time I have ever been impressed by how well the balls racked in the triangle. It was shocking enough for me to double-check the maker with a houseman, and not just to trust the diamond inlay.

Q-guy
03-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Is there a standard for the outside dimensions of a rack. In 14.1 the rack can be in the way of the last ball and sometimes a smaller one won't. I actually had this come up once. When I said the ball was in, the guy wanted me to get a smaller plastic rack off another table to rack the balls.

Professor
03-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Brady,
Yes, without a doubt, the Woodworks rack is the best, especially with Centenial balls.

03-27-2002, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Yes, without a doubt, the Woodworks rack is the best<hr></blockquote>
Where to find the "Woodworks" rack....and how do they compare to the Diamond racks?
Tim

Brady_Behrman
03-27-2002, 05:13 PM
the Duffy rack is the Best rack i have ever used or seen! If the deal I am working on now doesnt go through, i will be contact with them about Official Rack of the Open

Thanks for the #, been seeking it for years now!