PDA

View Full Version : For Barbara ;)

Karatemom
04-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Since she asked so nicely, I will let you all in on how the hubby is. He is in rehab, walking without help, eating like a horse, doing just fine. The trach came out today. His anticipated discharge date was May 2, but it could quite possibly be this weekend instead. All dr's but one agree that it is time to come home. So keep your eyes peeled for a Chris Cass post in the very near future.

Heide

Rod
04-25-2003, 05:08 PM
WooHoo!! that is great news. Just curious, has that one Doc substantiated his reasoning on Chris staying there? How much longer does he say? Something like that would bug me, as in better safe than sorry. They'll make a the best choice I'm sure before they release him. Wow Chris is going to discover a new world waiting for him. Tell him hi for me and we'll talk to him soon.

Rod

Barbara
04-25-2003, 05:34 PM
Woohoo BABY!!!

This is so fantastic!!!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
04-25-2003, 06:29 PM
awesome, the CC updates are back! By the sounds of things Chris will soon tell us himself exactly how great he is feeling.

nAz
04-25-2003, 06:33 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
04-25-2003, 07:37 PM
The dr that is holding things up is the respiratory dr. I'm not sure why he feels Chris isn't ready to come home yet, but I do know that he has had to have his arm twisted to get the trach out, which is still isn't! It was supposed to come out this afternoon, but the dr never showed. He thinks it's better to downgrade the size of the cannula of the trach every couple of days instead of taking it out right away. All 3 other drs feel it should be out. Of course no one is going to step on anyones toes, but IMO, Chris has the last word, and he wants it out! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Heide

socrates
04-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Excellent news.

Tell Chris and Christ hello.

Steve

SPetty
04-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the update K-mom! I've been wanting to PM you and ask, but didn't want to intrude. I've missed your posts terribly and am glad to hear things are going well.

Karatemom
04-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Remind me next time not to say anything. Sometimes I swear I jinx myself. The dr finally came in his room tonite and found that he had a fever and possibly pneumonia. The trach won't be coming out until they know whether or not he has it. They took xrays and will put him on antibiotics - AGAIN.

Heide <---- has had enough

Rod
04-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Wow, remind me not to say anything about the last doctor holding out. Sorry Heide but it's much better it happened there than a complication at home. Not much of a consolation I know but Chris will be home soon.

Rod

Rich R.
04-26-2003, 04:54 AM
WOW, I'm just catching up here.

Sounds like a terrible "Good News, Bad News" joke.

Things will work their way out and Chris will be home soon.
I can feel it in my bones.

Of course, with the damp weather today, I'm feeling a lot in my bones. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeha! Before you know it, Chris will be back on the CCB with some crazy stories about the nurses. I just know it!
http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050572142.gif

Wendy<---can smell the burnt bacon in the Cass house already...

Sid_Vicious
04-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Heidi,

Great news! I predict you'll have Chris on the 3rd and we'll all have a special celebration on that day. That's my B-Day...sid

Karatemom
04-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Well then, in case he does come home that day and I forget, early Happy Birthday!

Should we start a pool on what day he'll be home? Winner gets first dibs on him. LOL

Heide