PDA

View Full Version : My first Scott Lee Lesson

eg8r
04-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Well the day finally came that Scott Lee rode into my side of town. Onepocketchamp and I were finally taking lessons. Onepocketchamp went first and hogged Scott almost the entire day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Scott told me don't worry, he will just run through the stuff real quick with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif (I am joking and exagerating beyond belief) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was great. For everyone that has taken lessons with Scott, I shoot every shot anywhere inbetween Medium to break speed. LOL, I thought Scotts head would fall off from shaking it so much (Cmon Ed was that really lag speed? ROTFL). So I know what to work on. Now I am waiting on my tape just to see how bad it was.

Scott was great and we had an excellent time. I am sure Onepocketchamp will post his views sometime also. Scott was also kind enough to show us some of his trick shots (If you are short on time don't get into this with him, he is passionate about it and does not mind showing them to you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) After that we went to have some dinner and relax.

What a great afternoon.

Thank you Scott, and I look forward to the next time.

eg8r

PQQLK9
04-26-2003, 09:38 AM
Good for you Ed, I also learned a lot from Scott and he is also a nice fellow.

socrates
04-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Speed the final frontier.

I had an opportunity to spend an afternoon with Scott recently. His concepts and approach to instructing in the area of speed of stroke were enlightening.

In addition, he made a three rail kick to end the day that made a believer out of this skeptic of kicking systems.

eg8r
04-26-2003, 11:11 AM
LOL, he was showing us his 3 rail kicks also. Onepocketchamp does not like them, "they are too easy". LOL

I learned a lot about stroke and speed. Now to see what happens after I practice for awhile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

rukiddingme
04-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Should Scott ever come to the Chicagoland area, I too would love to ake a lesson from him...hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ruk

q4summit
04-27-2003, 03:14 AM
drop him an email and ask.

Marc

dmgwalsh
04-27-2003, 07:00 AM
He told me he's coming in mid june. I will get a lesson if it fits into our schedules. DW

OnePocketChamp
04-27-2003, 07:28 AM
Another newbie to the growing list of Scott Lee students adds his input to the board (and risks the slams of Larry). The time we spent with Scott and I mean alot of time we spent with Scott was filled with many hours of instruction, stories and warm fellowship, it was like a "Gillians Island" experience. The cruise was only for three days and they were stuck on that island for years. What I mean is Scott never once looked at his watch and our alloted 4 hours with him lasted will over 7 hours. Now I know this was more for Ed's benefit than mine because I could tell that Scott could see I was so versed in the art of pool that I needed very little help but poor Ed, Scott could see he was the problem child at the school. LOL
Scotts lesson was fun, there is no written test and you don't have to take a report card home for your parents to sign. I have been playing pool for over fourty years, am a s/l 7 in APA and finished 12th out of a field of 144 in the '82 or '83 BCA Nationals, so I believe I can play but after my lesson with Scott, I know using his recommendations and practice drills I will become a stronger player. And for this, I proudly add my name to the growing list of satisfied Scott Lee students.
This is not a paid endosement but Scott did say maybe he would send me a piece of his "World Famous Never Miss A Shot" blue chalk for saying something nice about him on the board.
Again, Scott, thanks for spending so much time with Ed and me. I'am sure I speak for Ed also, you are more than just a teacher to us --- we now consider you a great friend.

Scott Lee
04-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Awww shucks, y'all! LOL I had as much fun as you guys did! I don't think anyone will ever be able to accuse me of not LOVING being a teacher! It is my true calling, and with the aid of RandyG, Jerry Briesath, and many others, I will continue to learn how to be an even BETTER instructor!

Scott

eg8r
04-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Well once you are finished with Randy G and you have learned your new stuff, come back and see if I have remember what you taught me. LOL This is a 3. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ooops outside english makes it a 2. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Ralph S.
04-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Scott's lessons and he himself sure are DA BOMB huh EG8R. Glad you enjoyed them just as much as I do. I am looking very forward to my next vist from the CCB's Yoda of pool.

griffith_d
04-27-2003, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Awww shucks, y'all! LOL I had as much fun as you guys did! I don't think anyone will ever be able to accuse me of not LOVING being a teacher! It is my true calling, and with the aid of RandyG, Jerry Briesath, and many others, I will continue to learn how to be an even BETTER instructor!

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Scott

I got my second row of 9,...I also tried to see how fast I could get to 9 and did better,...I moved the CB just as fast as I could dropping them without thinking, moving the CB before the OB even dropped,...it was fun, but the fun is short lived, as I could not do it that often. Obviously, the slow methodical shooting works best.

Where are you at now?

Griff

eg8r
04-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Yes we had a great time, and it was a plus Scott was there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif (joking) Scott made it enjoyable. I played with him last night and had to throw out a lot of what he taught me for the night so I was not so worried about everything and just had fun. I am a little let down about my follow through. I have always thought my follow through was decent, I guess not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will work on it.

eg8r

griffith_d
04-27-2003, 08:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Yes we had a great time, and it was a plus Scott was there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif (joking) Scott made it enjoyable. I played with him last night and had to throw out a lot of what he taught me for the night so I was not so worried about everything and just had fun. I am a little let down about my follow through. I have always thought my follow through was decent, I guess not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will work on it.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I thought my follow threw was ok, but Scott showed me otherwise. I was only following through correctly, I would say only 30% of the time and on long shots it really shows up in misses or bad leaves.

Scott set me straight, so that is what I have really been practicing on, whether or not I make the ball,..just follow through all the time and it will come natural and the shots will start dropping.

Griff

04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Add me to the list of satisfied students. I had my 1st lesson with him last week. I had a great time, greatly improved my stroke and especially my draw, learned a lot, and like you said it went well over the time it was supposed to. He's just a great guy. Thanks again, Scott!

Scott Lee
04-28-2003, 12:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr>
Where are you at now?

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

Griff...I am still in Dallas through Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I will be in El Paso, and I'll be in Phoenix through the weekend. Then I'll be in CA for a couple of weeks, before heading home to MT for the summer. However, in less than a month, I am planning a trip, to Chicago, and down through the Southeast, and up to the mid-Atlantic, before heading back to Chicago via Pennsylvania and Ohio.

What a schedule! ROFL

Scott

pooldaddy9
04-28-2003, 04:25 AM
Scott, I know a short cut thru S.C.in case you need to stop and take a BREAK.

bluewolf
04-28-2003, 04:37 AM
My first lesson with Scott was before I did my first full session of apa. I had payed for two hours and I lost track of time. He absolutely would not give up until I had learned fundamentals.

In march, I booked with him for a whole day. He also spent a couple of hours the next day for free and we worked a little more on shape.

In addition to learning a lot from Scott, he has such a great personality that I got to learn and have fun at the same time.

Laura

griffith_d
04-28-2003, 05:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> Scott, I know a short cut thru S.C.in case you need to stop and take a BREAK. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I know Concord NC is real nice this time of year. Then you(Scott) could go over the Myrtle Beach and see a few babes, play some golf and go offshore fishing. There is a nice place to eat seafood on the pier out over the ocean that is nice,...talk about waterfront,....!!

Griff

Griff

eg8r
04-28-2003, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
greatly improved my stroke and especially my draw <hr /></blockquote> This is completely opposite for me...LOL...When Scott was finished with me, my draw was crap. Who hits that low. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have never miscued so many times in a row in my life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif My nice draw comes back when I switch back to medium to break speed. I just cannot get the lag speed draw shot.

Now all joking aside, I was very amazed at how far I could draw the ball using just the lag speed stroke. I have always shot the ball much harder than lag speed, so it will take me a little time to get used to it, and I am sure I will be a better player in the end. Thanks to Scott, I have a few drills to work on this and get my stroke in tippy top shape. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman
04-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Scott:

If you come through York, PA. let me know and I'll take a lesson. I still owe you a beer as well.

pooltchr
04-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Scott. If you find yourself heading toward Charlotte, let me know. I figure the more I learn, the more I can teach.
Steve

pooldaddy9
04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Myrtle Beach, now your getting close to home. Ever heard of South of The Border? I know everyone has seen the signs on I-95. I'm 7 miles from there. The beach would be a good trip this time of year.

griffith_d
04-28-2003, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> Myrtle Beach, now your getting close to home. Ever heard of South of The Border? I know everyone has seen the signs on I-95. I'm 7 miles from there. The beach would be a good trip this time of year. <hr /></blockquote>

I thingk the beach WOULD be a good trip,...hey Scott, it is beach time.

You lucky dog,...that area is one of the most beautiful in America. I made two trips there from Concord/Charlotte when I was working there one summer for CTC when I worked for IBM. First trip was just for the beach and the second was to go fishing offshore. I caught so many fish, my arms hurt. I caught a lot of Grouper(the smaller ones, not like the big ones in New Zealand) and many others. It was the first time I had ever seen Flying Fish.

Do you fish?

Griff

Scott Lee
04-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Done!

Scott Lee