PDA

View Full Version : Efrem, Earl, Buddy Ever...

Sid_Vicious
04-26-2003, 01:41 PM
I had a thought after seeing a pic or two of these seemingly unstoppable men professionals...aside from a workshop visit to isolate a slump they may be in at the time, do ya reckon these and other proffessional men ever take lessons? Something tells me that they didn't. I somehow figure that those talents were mostly born or merely self learned from early years of simply playing A LOT. Am I totally wrong, did Efrem enroll at some time in his life? sid

q4summit
04-26-2003, 05:20 PM
I don't see why the wouldn't. Take golf. Tiger Woods, consider at the moment to be the greatest golfer ever, still takes lessons from top teachers before big matches.

Marc

pooldaddy9
04-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Why not, anything that can help in the least way has to be a plus.

Steve Lipsky
04-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I think that the top guys occasionally ask their peers if they're doing anything wrong. Maybe a particular shot that comes up, that they don't play well for some reason.

I think that the lower-level pros might occasionally take more formal lessons.

- Steve

L.S. Dennis
04-26-2003, 09:53 PM
I think Steve is pretty well on the mark with his comments.
I think Nick Varner use the late Hal Mix as a coach from time to time but I doubt that Efren every took anything that we would consider formal lessons. The young 'Bata Reyes' did all his learning by racking balls for others and watching them like a hawk I suspect.

pooltchr
04-28-2003, 07:06 AM
I suspect at that level, they will look for whatever edge they can get. I've heard that some of the top pros will schedule private lessons at the billiard academy's from time to time. Why not? I don't think there is a player anywhere in the world that doesn't think they could improve.

cuechick
04-30-2003, 09:09 PM
It's Efren, with an "N".