PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right place to sell something?

bluewolf
04-28-2003, 07:30 AM
I have a nice cue I would like to sell, but dont want to break any rules.

Laur

SpiderMan
04-28-2003, 07:46 AM
I think a lot of the regulars sell things on here. If it's your personal cue I'd hope no one would mind. I'll soon have a cue for sale also.

SpiderMan

eg8r
04-28-2003, 07:57 AM
If you were going to try and sell it on the board, I think NPR is a better place, however probably not the right place. I do not understand why there is not a "For Sale" board here also. I would check with the mod.

eg8r

UWPoolGod
04-28-2003, 08:44 AM
Yeah that is one of the aspects of AZB that I like. If someone wants to see their cue they can post it there. I would like to see a forum here that does the same thing. It would be nice to for BD to have another server set up so we could upload one pic of the cue onto their server. It is kind of a pain to have to go set up a webpage account just to have somebody host a picture. One pic is not going to take up that much space, since there is not going to be an aweful lot of people selling on here. Maybe regulate it to cues over $200 so we don't get hundreds of those god aweful $15 sneaky petes on here.

Todd

eg8r
04-28-2003, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to for BD to have another server set up so we could upload one pic of the cue onto their server. <hr /></blockquote> I only see one problem with this, money. I don't think BD is too keen on spending money for a new server (I am sure they just have one lying around) so that we can buy/sell over it with BD not making any money from it.

eg8r

bluewolf
04-28-2003, 07:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>Maybe regulate it to cues over $200 so we don't get hundreds of those god aweful $15 sneaky petes on here.

Todd <hr /></blockquote>

This is a nice cue that is just too heavy for me. When I got it, I just did not realize how much difference .6oz would make.

Laura

bluewolf
04-29-2003, 04:34 AM
btw, this is a Blackheart. Someone ordered from from him, backed out and he sold it on ebay.

Laura

eg8r
04-29-2003, 07:53 AM
Are you selling the Blackheart cue that you could not stop bragging about?

This is a little funny to me.

Anyways, you have already come this far, no sense is making it last another 50 posts, just say what you want to say in the ad and do it once.

eg8r

Aboo
04-30-2003, 09:23 AM
The space the pictures take up on the server is not the issue. It is the bandwidth that is used by folks d/l'ing the pic when they view it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Storage space is cheap, bandwidth is expensive /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Take it from someone who sells hosting.

bluewolf
04-30-2003, 11:14 AM
No. I am keeping the first one. Anyway, the admin told me to not sell here because it is now against the rules.

Laura

eg8r
04-30-2003, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I am keeping the first one. Anyway, the admin told me to not sell here because it is now against the rules <hr /></blockquote> Isn't that a joke. I guess the mods are now making an attempt to enforce their rules.

I wonder if the admin will answer this question...Do you not think Charlie Williams is trying to sell anything everytime he posts? At least BW is a regular on the board and looking for some help selling the cue.

eg8r

SpiderMan
04-30-2003, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
No. I am keeping the first one. Anyway, the admin told me to not sell here because it is now against the rules <hr /></blockquote> Isn't that a joke. I guess the mods are now making an attempt to enforce their rules.

I wonder if the admin will answer this question...Do you not think Charlie Williams is trying to sell anything everytime he posts? At least BW is a regular on the board and looking for some help selling the cue.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed, if you want your suggestion to be seen, may I suggest that you copy this post to the "suggestions" forum?

SuggesterMan

eg8r
04-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Nah, I am too lazy and they read these posts every once in awhile. If they wanted to fix Charlie's spamming of the board, then they would have done it when it was out in the open and getting all the attention on the main board.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Hmmmm, but lets say that after I see your cue Laura that I come here and say, "ANYONE who wants to improve their game with a new cue would benefit from going to Laura for her cue." Seems as if Charlie W. and RandyG gets in sneaky appraisals to sell their stuff, a subliminal and yet easy "game" if you pay attention, S-o-o-o-o what's the big deal with a regular poster simply saying they are selling a cue here? None, as far as I am concerned...sid

eg8r
04-30-2003, 08:43 PM
This is the exact point I was trying to make. All Charlie is doing is selling tickets. Plain and simple. It is easy for members on the board to say, "We like his posts, otherwise we would not know when the events were being held." Bull honky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Go to his website and find out. Go to AzB to get tourney information, that is their specialty. Charlie spams the board and gets away with it everytime, but when we have a regular member trying to do this the correct way and ask for permission, she is told NO. The mods don't do their jobs very well at all. They seem to pick and choose, and since BW does not have the clout that CW has the mods tell her NO and allow him to do his thing.

I am not getting upset or mad, I already knew they were like this, so it would be a little weird to get upset. I do however, use every opportunity I can to point it out.

eg8r

bluewolf
05-01-2003, 06:24 AM
There are also separate forums on az for touraments, for sale items, and even one where you can put up pics of your cues.

Laura ---&gt; thinks BD needs to get their act together