PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Greensboro, NC area.

Candyman
04-28-2003, 01:14 PM
I envy you players in large cities. I live in Elon College, NC and we don't have any rooms that could be considered anywhere near upscale. Only sports bars with small coin tables. We don't have any leagues and I don't know of anybody that would be classified as really good. I know Earl is from G'boro and I know where he plays. Haven't been there yet. Kinda intimidated. If anybody knows of a teacher in that area, I would love to know. Thanks. Lock McKinnon

04-28-2003, 01:19 PM
If you can wait, and will still be around, Scott Lee is planning on being in our area June/July timeframe. Send him a PM. I should be on his list, and can't wait.

Scott ~ holding breath for all kinds of wisdom from Mr. Lee

pooltchr
04-28-2003, 01:39 PM
I am a BCA recognized instructor in Charlotte, and would be glad to talk with you. Maybe we could work something out as far as a location that would work for you.

PQQLK9
04-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Hey Scott, where do you play, do we know each other?
I play at Breakroom,Rack Runners,Players and Mothers.

04-29-2003, 11:17 AM
I sent you an e-mail. Scott

pooltchr
04-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Pool Dawg.
You should give Morey's a shot. 9' Diamond tables, some pockets double and even triple shimmed. Sometimes we even get a little one pocket action over there, especially when Clyde shows up.
Steve

PQQLK9
04-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey Steve,
See if you can get me free table time at Morey's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's hard to beat the Free Pool at all of Mark's Rooms.
Nick,
Needs the break and 4 balls in 1 pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooltchr
04-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Come on, Nick. Get REAL!!!! Morey??? Free Pool????
He does give some table time to anyone that plays on 2 or more teams out of there. He even charges me for table time when I give lessons! I'm waiting for someone to open a nice new place that needs and would appreciate a pro shop and pool school in their room!
Steve

04-29-2003, 03:24 PM

Candyman
04-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanks, I did hear from Scott and he will be in the area in a few weeks. We are going to try and hook-up. I think AF is living in Charlotte.

Candyman
04-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks, I did hear from Scott. Maybe I will see you in Charlotte one day. Candyman

pooltchr
04-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Allison does live and teach in Charlotte. Her class schedules and prices can be found in her ads in the major pool magazines

Predator314
05-01-2003, 08:03 AM
There are a couple nice places in Winston Salem that you could shoot. I'm not from there, but have been there a few times. I'm sure you could find some good instruction in that area. Also, if you hop on I-40 and head to Hickory, you can go to Randolph's billiards. I've never been there, but have heard it's a pretty nice place. They just recently had a Viking tourney there.

Of course, you could also get lessons from Scott too. People on this board seem to love him.

pooltchr
05-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Randolph's in Hickory is a good place if you are in the area. Cue n Spirits in Winston Salem is one of my favorites up that way.