PDA

View Full Version : Sorry: Strickland Will Not Make The Predator Open

koreandragon
04-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Please excuse my mistake of having Earl Strickland on the flyer for the 3rd Annual Predator Central FL Open

The flyers were cookie cutted from last years flyer and we mistakingly used Earl's name and photo again.

Unfortunately Earl will not be coming.

The other stars have confirmed attendace such as Archer, Immonen, Hall, Varner, Kennedy, Jeoung, and myself.

Thank you,
Charlie Williams

Ken
04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Tell it to the judge. The use of Earl's image and name could be a very costly mistake. Let's hope that he doesn't hear about this.

I would suggest that all those flyers be found and recalled. A best effort to locate them and get them out of circulation will go a long way toward mitigating the extent of damages that might be awarded.

"Proofread", it's not just for term papers. It applies to websites and flyers also.
KenCT

Ken
04-29-2003, 06:05 AM
Charlie, Nice of you to inform us that you and Jeoung are "stars" to be mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Varner, Hall, etc. Could that be Young-hwa Jeong, winner of the grand total of $1,000 per year and a distinguished seventh in a Joss tour event?

Proofread, see my previous post.
KenCT

jjinfla
04-29-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> Tell it to the judge. The use of Earl's image and name could be a very costly mistake. Let's hope that he doesn't hear about this.
KenCT <hr /></blockquote>

Gee Ken, I haven't seen the flyer but it's just an honest mistake, anybody could have made it. After all it's not like they did it on purpose. Probably all the people who saw and okayed the flyer proofs have been out on safari in the middle of some jungle without communication with the world for the past year and didn't know that Earl was kicked out of the UPA. Sounds like the UPA just shot themselves in the foot again. It just never ends. I wonder who first noticed the mistake? Maybe they all thought that Earl was going to be there. Maybe they should visit Earl and see what it would take to get him to be there. But since Earl was treated so fairly by the UPA in the past I doubt that he will even consult with an attorney. Probably doesn't have much of a case anyway. Jake

Ken
04-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Jake, I think Earl has an excellent case but what he doesn't have is much of a monetary claim. Chances are that the tournament will lose money regardless of who is there to play. It wouldn't be worth paying an attorney unless there is an insurance company involved with the UPA that might settle for expenses plus a slight payment.

I saw Rempe quite upset once that his picture was being taken. He claimed that the room owner might use his image to advertise the room. These guys are "stars" after all.
KenCT

eg8r
04-29-2003, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw Rempe quite upset once that his picture was being taken. He claimed that the room owner might use his image to advertise the room. These guys are "stars" after all. <hr /></blockquote> What a joke!

eg8r