PDA

View Full Version : informational question ?

04-29-2003, 03:44 AM
a friend of mine, called and asked me if i knew how to go about owning / opening a poolhall. i suggested to him, to talk to a few of the owners we know here at the local poolhall and that i would look on the internet for him, so i figured that i'd bring this to you guys and see if any has any input,direction,advice...

would all be helpfull.
Thanx.

bluewolf
04-29-2003, 03:57 AM
There are several people on CCB that I know have owned ph. My husband, whitewolf wants to do this too. I, too, eagerly await their remplies.

Laura

cheesemouse
04-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Muujhad,
One of the very first steps is to go to your local library and check out the local ordinances covering poolhalls or similar type business's ( liq laws, hours of operation etc.) and see if your community has any special hoops to jump through. One can save themselves a bunch of missteps in the very beginning of the process if you know the laws covering this type of business.....after that the nightmare begins......LOL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-29-2003, 06:21 AM
Also check with the businesses surrounding where the ph would be. I had a friend who wanted to put one in a strip mall, and several tenants threatened to pull out if they opened. The ph opened at another location and are barely surviving. Good Luck!

pooltchr
04-29-2003, 06:25 AM
The BCA has a manual on how to open and operate a pool room. Info is very good and worth reading by anyone even considering such a venture.
www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com)

04-29-2003, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> There are several people on CCB that I know have owned ph. My husband, whitewolf wants to do this too. I, too, eagerly await their remplies.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>
I think Blackjack Sapolis owns at least 1, maybe he can help you out.

04-29-2003, 09:12 PM
thanx for the info, but i've spent about 45min looking for the article on the bca site, and unfortunately i did not come across it. if you know of another article that would be great.

Ken
04-30-2003, 06:00 AM
Perhaps the "Proprietor's Manual" is what was referred to:

http://www.bcastore.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

Not cheap at $89.95. Or you could get their "New Room Package" deal:

BCA Proprietorís Manual Billiards: A Sport Whose Time Has Come Video BCA Media Kit Profile of a Billiard Room Survey Purchased separately, these items would cost $75.80. Your cost...only $99.95. Figure that one out.
KenCT

MikeM
04-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Ken,

You also get the $90 manual.

MM...I bought this kit.