PDA

View Full Version : Funniest movie

Karatemom
04-29-2003, 06:09 AM
As I sit here not wanting to get ready to go on a field trip with 45 kindergarten kids, I was trying to think of something that would pick me up. I got to thinking about "Deuce Bigalow", where he dances for the cop's wife and she snaps his speedos. Makes me laugh so hard I have tears streaming from my face and my gut hurts from laughing so hard. Anyone else have a favorite funny movie or part of a movie?

Heide ~ still not wanting to go, but at least in a better mood now, LOL

dg-in-centralpa
04-29-2003, 06:32 AM
Karatemom - one of the funniest movies I ever saw was the first Porky's movie. Sure it was tasteless and exploitative but it was funny nonetheless. When that guy sticks his weenie through the hole in the wall, and that fat ugly gym teacher grabs hold and starts to yank, I had tears in my eyes. All the other porkys were mediocre at best. The first American Pie was good as well.

Kato
04-29-2003, 06:32 AM
Blazing Saddles
Blues Brothers

I can't think, it's too early.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
04-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Blues Brothers...Stripes...Caddyshack...Back to School...Blazing Saddles...Up in Smoke <Cheech and Chong> but "MY" all-time favorite comedy that makes me laugh everytime I see it since 1981...The Hollywood Knights

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2003, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>....."MY" all-time favorite comedy that makes me laugh everytime I see it since 1981...The Hollywood Knights <hr /></blockquote>

"Volare.....wo wo wo woooo...." /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"He grabbed it wiss his dick"
"He grabbed it wiss his dick" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"I've had this taste in my mouth before...." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Blazing Saddles

High Anxiety

Stripes

Caddyshack

Ferris Bueller's day off

Office Space

Young Frankenstein

Happy Gilmore (where Bob Barker punches Adam Sandler)

Spaceballs

Meatballs

Wally~~still thinking

Kato
04-29-2003, 07:19 AM
Never saw Hollywood Knights, have to rent it. The rest of your selections are top notch.

Kato~~~~add Happy Gilmore

eg8r
04-29-2003, 07:50 AM
My favs (does it make sense to have more than one favorite?)

1. Ferris Bueller
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Son-in-Law

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Young Frankenstein
It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Anything with Jim Belushi
Rush Hour
Anything else with Chris Tucker

JPB
04-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Strangelove.

Nothing funnier all the way through. Although IME women do not find that the fate of the planet resting on the psychology of sexually repressed/dysfunctional men is as funny as men seem to think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif No, it's not Caddyshack, but how can you beat the Mine Shaft Gap scene? Strangelove is true comedy.

Voodoo Daddy
04-29-2003, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Spaceballs Wally~~still thinking <hr /></blockquote>

SpaceBalls...the lunch box!! Mel/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifBrooks, BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mr Ingrate
04-29-2003, 11:04 AM
All you young kids are dating yourselves by listing all these new releases. I come from a time when they made REAL movies ... or is that REEL movies.

My all time favorite funny movie (just release recently on DVD) is Cat Ballou staring Jane Fonda and Lee Marvin. Marvin's drunken gunfighter is just hilarious.

Cat's father, Frankie Ballou has been shot and they have him layed out in his coffin with candles burning.

Kid Shelleen (Marvin) comes staggering in to the funeral, bombed out of his mind. Someone asks him "can't you see what's going on here?". Sheleen says, "Oh Yeah" and proceeds to sing Happy Birthday to Frankie and then blows out all the candles. Had me on the floor.

Later there is a scene with Kid Shelleen and his horse, both drunk, leaning up against a building.

If you've never seen it, rent it.

Mickey Callan (West side story) along with Nat King Cole and Stubby Kaye had supporting roles.

Thought for the day.
Opinions are like toothbrushes. Everyone has one so there is no need to share.

04-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Fletch

Scott ~ wishing Candy was alive, and Chase was back in his prime

Barbara
04-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Wally covered a lot of my faves.

Here's some more "must watch" on my list:

Midnight Run - James Grodin and DeNiro are just hilarious!

Running Scared - "Oh Mother, may I have some of those petite marshmallows in my hot chocolate?"

Barbara~~~sick at home and wishes they were on tv now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fran Crimi
04-29-2003, 12:05 PM
I agree with you Dave about those older movies. Back then, without special effects technology , the comedic actor had to rely solely on his own talent to get across to the viewer.

Carey Grant was one of my fav. comedic actors. He was great in "Arsenic and Old Lace" and with Rosiland Russell in "His Girl Friday" (some of the quickest dialogue I'd ever heard) and with Katherine Hepburn in "Bringing up Baby."

My other favorite comedic actor is Peter Sellers. Those Pink Panther films were hysterical, for example, that guy that Inspector Clousseau would hire to attack him just to keep him in shape. You never knew when he was going to attack, and when he did, it was always at the worst possible time. Great stuff.

Fran ~~ "Eeet eees a bumb" (translation: It is a bomb.)

Kato
04-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Fran, that was me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean, Kato

R.J.~~~has 5 Fletch books in his library

SpiderMan
04-29-2003, 12:12 PM
My all-time favorite. But I also laughed pretty hard at Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, and also at Arsenio Hall's scene in "Amazon Women on the Moon".

If you can laugh the FIRST time you see "Eraserhead", you might be more warped than I.

SpiderMan

Karatemom
04-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Or......"combing the desert"! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Heide ~ not a Mel Brooks' fan, but Spaceballs was good, John Candy was never better!

Karatemom
04-29-2003, 12:48 PM
That reminds me of Throw Momma From the Train. Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito are two of a kind.

Heide

Kato
04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Speaking of John Candy I liked Uncle Buck alot.

Kato

UWPoolGod
04-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Baseketball, Orgasmo, Dumb and Dumber, Something about Mary, Meet the Parents....

Tom_In_Cincy
04-29-2003, 04:26 PM
IN Hamiltucky.. its pronounced.. FUR off..

dg-in-centralpa
04-29-2003, 05:24 PM
I agree with you - Cat Ballou was a riot. That was the first movie I ever saw where Lee Marvin played a comical part. All I ever knew was his serious stuff ie; Liberty Valance,Bad Day at Black Rock, Dirty Dozen. I also liked Barbarella. Remember that one with Jane Fonda. That was pretty funny. How about Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask? That was an allstar cast with some great lines. Remember Gene Wilder and Dolly the sheep? Or Woody Allen(he plays a sperm) thinking he's going to be squirted on the ceiling&gt; As for Mel Brooks - don't forget Silent Movie. The whole movie had no talking except for one line. It was spoken by Marcel Marceau, the great mime. Also Monty Python movies were good.

4 Days 'til the Kentucky Derby!

Mr Ingrate
04-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Fran,

Peter Sellers is also a favorite of mine and the Inspector Clousseau movies are hilarious. My very favorite Peter Sellers movie has to be "The Party". Peter plays the part of a bumbling East Indian movie actor. It was so popular (back in my day) it acheived cult status, especially amoung a group of friends. Years after it was released, I would get phone calls. The anonymous caller on the other end would only say two words, "birdie num-nums" and then would hang up amidst hysterical, maniacal laughter. I would immediately check the TV guide cause it meant The Party was going to be on TV. Yes, I was not always the callee.

dg-in-centralpa
04-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Don't forget Peter Sellers in A Shot in the Dark and Dr. Strangelove.

snipershot
04-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Just to name a few:

Dumb and Dumber
Beverly Hills Ninja
Blues Brothers
Road Trip

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2003, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>

....that guy that Inspector Clousseau would hire to attack him just to keep him in shape. You never knew when he was going to attack, and when he did, it was always at the worst possible time. Great stuff.....<hr /></blockquote>

"Kato, my little yellow friend... I am home.... " /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the Pink Panther reminder Fran

Wally~~remembers uncontrollable marijuana-induced laughter at the Peter Sellers movies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2003, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> IN Hamiltucky.. its pronounced.. FUR off.. <hr /></blockquote>

Well yeah. A "fur piece" is a long way, as opposed to "over yonder" which is usually less than a mile. BTW "thataway" is directional, not distance-specific. Glad I cleared that up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
04-30-2003, 07:30 AM
One of my most favorites that is absolutely hillarious is "Gung Ho". The movie stars Michael Keaton. If you have not seen it, you gotta watch it.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2003, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> One of my most favorites that is absolutely hillarious is "Gung Ho". The movie stars Michael Keaton. If you have not seen it, you gotta watch it. <hr /></blockquote>

Michael Keaton? That reminds me of two excellent movies "Mr. Mom" and "Night Shift"

Kato
04-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Micheal Keaton? Pacific Heights is my favorite by him. But he did another funny one, Multiplicity.

How about "I Love You To Death" with Keannu Reaves and a bunch of other guys whose names escape me. I thought that movie was really funny.

Kato

Rod
04-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Well lets see, Airplane, Monty Python, most of Gene Wilder,
how about Frau Bluker? Now how do I type a horse sound? LOL

MikeM
04-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Ni!

MM

Voodoo Daddy
04-30-2003, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well lets see, Monty Python <hr /></blockquote>

"What is the wingspan of a sparrow?"
"African or European?"
"I dont know.."
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I thank god for John Cleese and Eric Idle daily and know I thank him for ROD...for reminding me of their timeless antics!!!

Voodoo Daddy
04-30-2003, 12:21 PM
"We are the knights that say NI"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Rod
04-30-2003, 12:55 PM
My warped mind won't let me remember. LOL Where was this from, it's about two brothers, if one brother got hit, the other one felt the pain! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It cracked me up when one was sawing off his leg just to put his brother in pain!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MikeM
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> "We are the knights that say NI"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

"We are no longer the Knights Who Say NI. We are now the Knights Who Say ICKICKYWOOMTHPULAAHNNGGOOUHHHH......."

dg-in-centralpa
04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Today we are going to learn how to defend ourselves against a piece of fruit.

How about a pointed schtick.
You haven't done a pear?

Did it.
Oh,how about an apple?
Did it.
A banana.
Come at me with the banana.
POW!
You shot 'im, you shot'im dead.
But he came at me with a banana.

Know what I mean, nudge nudge

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Oh wait! How could we have forgotten The Gods Must Be Crazy? Hahahahahaha.

04-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Blues Brothers, Young Frankenstien, Caddyshack, Quest for the Holy Grail, and The Pink Panther series are all tops. But I can't believe nobody mentioned Animal House. C'mon!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."
"Do you mind if we dance with yo' dates?"
"Is this what you are going to do when you graduate? Get drunk every weekend with your friends?...No, when I graduate I'm gonna get drunk every night."
"I think I'm in love with a retard. Is he bigger than me?"

UWPoolGod
04-30-2003, 05:51 PM
Now you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest....wiiiitthhh....a herring.

I want to face the peril. No its too perilous. Can I at least taste a little of the peril. No. I bet your gay.

HEHEHEEH What a good flick

Karatemom
04-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Now you've got me thinking about Robin Williams. Any of his movies crack me up. His stand up is to die for. I sit here and laugh my head off while the guys sit and think I'm nuts. He is one of the funniest men on the planet. Loved him in Mrs. Doubtfire. He and "what's his face?" in The Bird Cage - absolutely hilarious!!!! The two of them make a perfect comedic pair, if I could only think of his name. He was even funny in the Mork and Mindy era.

Heide

Rich R.
05-01-2003, 04:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr>He and "what's his face?" in The Bird Cage - absolutely hilarious!!!! The two of them make a perfect comedic pair, if I could only think of his name. <hr /></blockquote>

I believe you are trying to think of Nathan Lane (sp).

Robin Williams is the funniest man on the planet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
05-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Trying to add to the list rather than repeat everyone's excellent responses:

Coming to America
Tommy Boy
Airplane
The Jerk
The Court Jester (probably my #1)
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask

Fred &lt;~~~ thinks laughter is the best medicine. Other than Claritin, that is.

Predator314
05-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Blazing Saddles and Planes, Trains, &amp; Automobiles are awesome funny movies. I would also like to add Friday to the list. Not my typical type of movie, but Chris Tucker is the man.

Also, if you're DVD shopping, I recommend the new Family Guy Seasons 1 &amp; 2 DVD set. It's freakin' hilarious. Best $40 you will ever spend.

"Holy Crip, he's a crapple!"

Barbara
05-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Blazing Saddle is one of the best!! I saw it in the theaters when it first came out with a date.

I can still hear Harvey Korman saying to Madeline Kahn, "No, you teutonic twat!".

And Madeline's outrageous accent saying, "It's twoo, it's twoo!".

Barbara~~~really, it's my allergies making my eyes tear like this... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-01-2003, 05:05 PM
"Easy Money" with Rodney Dangerfield and Joe Pesci. If you've never seen it, go and rent it. Well worth the six bucks.

socrates
05-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Lots of great post here already but one I did not see mentioned that had me laughing with tears in a couple of scenes is Tim Allen in JOE SOMEBODY.

9 Ball Girl
05-03-2003, 12:44 AM
I also forgot to mention Orange County with Jack Black.

Predator314
05-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Anything with Jack Black will be hilarious.

SecaucusFats
05-05-2003, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Oh wait! How could we have forgotten The Gods Must Be Crazy? Hahahahahaha. <hr /></blockquote>

Have you seen "Women on The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"? It's in Spanish with English subtitles.

One other hilarious foreign film is "Johnny Stacchini" (Johnny Toothpick) with Roberto Benigni (sp?)it's in Italian with English subtitles.

Both are pee in your pants funny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fats